"Bicyclists need to stay on sidewalk"

April 11, 2009, 4:15 p.m.

From here:

Black 2001 Saturn SC2. That

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

April 11, 2009, 4:29 p.m.

he just wasted so much time writing that, who cares what this prick says

April 11, 2009, 4:53 p.m.

Hahaha, he drives a Saturn, that plastic piece of crap.

Shed head!

April 11, 2009, 5:42 p.m.

i bet he's in like 40 frats and pisses bud light.

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up

April 11, 2009, 9:22 p.m.

I agree it's a pain when you have ignorant riders on the road, but banning all cyclists from the road is not the solution.

All you need for riding is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

April 11, 2009, 9:30 p.m.

Saw this idiot on BSNYC the other day-such a fuck wit. I can't stand some bloggers.

April 11, 2009, 11:20 p.m.

I wonder what the ratio of cars hitting bikes on the road to bikes hitting people on sidewalks is?

I ride wherever I can to avoid a accident. Bike paths are ideal (but rare) alleys work in a pinch.

April 12, 2009, 2:38 p.m.

people need to learn how to bunnyhop.

April 13, 2009, 1:18 p.m.

cut the guy some slack, he goes to Michigan State "University", thats like Jr High in Canada

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 3, 2009, 5:11 p.m.

I don't wanna ride on the sidewalk thats where people walk. Thats why its called a sidewalk. When they start making siderides I'l ride on them.

:canada: - Flickr

May 3, 2009, 5:57 p.m.

His car is worth less than my bike :lol:

But seriously, I wonder what some commuter bicyclists are thinking… I see some riding on Broadway during traffic rush hours when there is a perfectly safe and very easy to find 10th parallel to Broadway! Makes me think WTF?

May 3, 2009, 6:49 p.m.

But seriously, I wonder what some commuter bicyclists are thinking… I see some riding on Broadway during traffic rush hours when there is a perfectly safe and very easy to find 10th parallel to Broadway! Makes me think WTF?

Off-broadway bike route sucks. It is too narrow with too many parked cars. Broadway on the bike for me is faster and safer.

If you are scared of traffic (and lots of bike commuters are) and just cruising along then the Off-broadway is probably better. For me, I'll be the one passing all the cars in the bus/bike lane.

May 4, 2009, 5:26 a.m.

Cyclists who use the road to get around and ride with the flow of traffic should be licensed like car drivers or motorcyclists and their bikes should be plated and insured accordingly.

except Boycakes.

….discuss…….

Pastor of Muppets

May 4, 2009, 7:42 a.m.

I actually find it really scary how many drivers believe that bicycles do not belong on the road and even more scary how many aggresive drivers have shared that opinion with me.

Both a co-worker and myself have been involved in seperate incidents with a Roberge Trucking driver(s) (http://www.robergetrucking.com/) exiting the 2nd narrows onto Dollarton Hwy, coming up behind us and then blasting his horn (which is scary as hell) followed by verbally asserting that bicycles belong on the sidewalk.

I put together some educational material and e-mailed it to the company but never recieved a response. Agressive drivers are scary enough when you are vulnerable on a bike without multi-tonne dump trucks.

What recourse can you take? We stated that in response to any future incident we would call the police but what is that going to do?

Motor Vehicle Act [RSBC 1996] Chapter 318 Part 3 (as per http://www.bikesense.bc.ca/appendices.htm#law)

183(1) In addition to the duties imposed by this section, a person operating a cycle on a highway has the same rights and duties as a driver of a vehicle.

(2) A person operating a cycle
(a) must not ride on a sidewalk unless authorized by a bylaw made under section 124 or unless otherwise directed by a sign,

(C) must, subject to paragraph (a), ride as near as practicable to the right side of the highway,

(3) Nothing in subsection (2) (C) requires a person to ride a cycle on any part of a highway that is not paved.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

May 4, 2009, 11:26 a.m.

Both a co-worker and myself have been involved in seperate incidents with a Roberge Trucking driver(s) (http://www.robergetrucking.com/) exiting the 2nd narrows onto Dollarton Hwy, coming up behind us and then blasting his horn (which is scary as hell) followed by verbally asserting that bicycles belong on the sidewalk.

thats part of my commute so I know what you mean. I stay on the road going toward the dump cuz that bike path along Dollarton is even MORE dangerous at the 'Tim Hortons' corner.

That offramp is a sketchy blind corner. I've seen those trucks barrel around and then jack-knife, rear-end, or barely stop for cars that have stopped for pedestrians/bikes in the crosswalk

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40