Best Trails in Squamish

Oct. 23, 2020, 7:09 p.m.

Not so low risk if you are following along behind someone else and sucking up their snot particles.....

Anyway, this is the sickest trail in Squamish at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_JOzA18Crk&t=2s

Oct. 23, 2020, 9:30 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Posted by: RAHrider

Posted by: RiderDykman

Heading up Sunday if anyone wants to do a group ride.

Hate to be a wet blanket, but bc had over 200 new covid cases yesterday. Riding with random people you meet online may not be the best idea right now. Something to consider....

Our cases are definitely on the rise, personally I am back to my micro-bubble again. Stay safe.

Aren't outdoor sports in the very low risk category? Indoor stuff I can see being cautious but my understanding is that outdoor anything in general is fine as far as I know.

I think the risk depends on several factors. It depends on how much members socialize and how close they follow each other. I think the risk with momentarily passing another rider on the trail is low but hanging out in the parking lot, at the side of the trail or following directly behind would have some risk.

Here is the info I  this topic from health Canada.

COVID-19 spreads from person to person, most commonly through respiratory droplets (e.g., generated by coughing, sneezing, laughing, singing, or talking) during close interactions (i.e., within 2 metres). People who have COVID-19 may have few to no symptoms, or symptoms may be mild, and people are infectious to others prior to when their symptoms start.

Do participants (e.g., park users, players) interact with many other people while using the outdoor space or during the activity? A higher number of interactions with others carries greater risk.

Do participants interact closely (within 2 metres) with others while in the outdoor space or during the outdoor recreational activity? Closer interactions carry greater risk than interactions at a distance.

Do participants have prolonged close interactions with others while in the outdoor space or during the outdoor recreational activity (e.g., team sports, trail lookouts, narrow trails, picnic areas and campgrounds)? Prolonged contact is defined as lasting for more than 15 minutesFootnote2 of time being less than 2 metres away, and may be cumulative (i.e., over multiple interactions). Evidence indicates that person-to-person spread is more likely with prolonged contact.

Is the outdoor space or recreational activity crowded (i.e., high density of people) on a regular basis? A crowded setting is presumed to have greater risk.

Do any interactions occur indoors (e.g., use of restrooms, changing for an activity or sport, spending time in a cabin or tent with others while out on the land)? Being in a confined indoor space carries a greater risk.

Do participants have prolonged close interactions with others outside their household while participating in a cultural activity (e.g. food harvesting, hunting) and associated travel and accommodations?

Oct. 25, 2020, 2:57 p.m.

If you were to keep your distance, in an outdoor setting, you should definitely be ok. It wouldn't make a difference how long the activity is.

Oct. 25, 2020, 3:02 p.m.

Posted by: trumpstinyhands

Not so low risk if you are following along behind someone else and sucking up their snot particles.....

Anyway, this is the sickest trail in Squamish at the moment:

I've never had any concerns about Snot particles coming at me during a ride. They would have to roll off the side of your head and into the mouth of the person behind you lol... unlikely bro! I've always figured sneezing would be the worst way to catch the Virus and no one really sneezes on people these days.