Best tech trail to lap over and over on the shore?

July 9, 2019, 10:39 a.m.

Another section that comes to mind is Executioner from where the little bench is on the Executioner Connector climber then down to where it meats Dreamweaver.

July 9, 2019, 12:31 p.m.

A few years ago I used the first few hundred meters of Floppy Bunny (before they smoothed it out) for suspension tuning. You had the roll/drop at the top, rough roots/rocks with a few small jumps and then a smooth corner or two. I just pushed up the trail and did like 20 runs fiddling with external adjusters... didn't take that long and helped a lot with setup. I think earleb's suggestions above would be better in terms of terrain though.

July 9, 2019, 8:45 p.m.

As a Brit, I miss 'sessioning' and ironically my riding is far worse now that it was when I moved over here 12 years ago (being married probably didn't help though!). I've moved away from the Shore area but Floppy Bunny would be the perfect location for a 'learner freeride' trail that you could easily lap. Same for 38DD (is it 38 or 36? Maybe the size has changed over the years LOL.....). Natural High could have been good for that too pre car park but no easy climb back up IIRC. I'm rebuilding a trail away from the Shore at the moment with the intend of having people sessioning / practicing and multiple line choices, cruisy drops, jumps tech features etc. It's super fun not giving a damn how fast I go down a trail and actually piecing together the trail and getting all features dialed.

July 9, 2019, 9:31 p.m.

High School League if done well can kick your arse

July 9, 2019, 11:16 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Pile of Rocks? You'd have to get up there but it would be quick to lap. It's surprisingly fun.

I always stayed away from this one because of the name. Good to know it is actually fun.

July 10, 2019, 7:52 a.m.

no, it's terrible, definitely stay away ;)

July 11, 2019, 11:17 a.m.

Posted by: JBV

speaking of Cypress, would any of you who ride it say that there is a optimal kind of bike for these trails?  a big enduro bike or double crown DH bike?  do many people ride these with 'enduro' bikes?

You can ride Cypress on a hardtail if you want or go smash-mouth in a couch.  Both are fun. As Cypress has mostly been a shuttle mtn though I think it’s more of a big bike mtn. FWIW my best riding ever was on Cypress on a burly hardtail with a 5” single crown fork. In the end it comes down to rider skill and the kind of experience you’re looking for.

July 11, 2019, 12:27 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

speaking of Cypress, would any of you who ride it say that there is a optimal kind of bike for these trails?  a big enduro bike or double crown DH bike?  do many people ride these with 'enduro' bikes?

If you're riding the moderate trails like Slippery Canoe or Tall Cans then an enduro bike is definitely better.

July 11, 2019, 2:42 p.m.

I ride both my DH and trail bike on Cypress. Obviously, I go much faster and have more fun on the DH bike. A trail bike is more than capable especially if you aren't looking to hit all the big stuff.

July 11, 2019, 7:36 p.m.

a modern progressive Enduro is a great bike for most of cypress, 

There’s all kinds of trails on Cypress. Fast, slow, flow, janky. Steep and terrifying, smooth loamers. 

I ride DH and Enduro bikes depending upon if I’m pedalling up or shuttling, if you have a progressive enduro you can ride it in any of the Cypress trails. There are very few trails that will suck on a DH bike. Some will be better on a DH bike but an Enduro can probably handle everyone of them.

July 13, 2019, 8:15 a.m.

Immonator, can do quick laps, has most types of features.

July 13, 2019, 3:58 p.m.

Executioner on fromme is a great tech trail. You can climb D'yer m'ker or drop even further to the Dreamweaver intersection and loop it. I typically ride executioner and loop up Dyer Mker while heading to seventh.

July 13, 2019, 10:43 p.m.

The upper sections of Severed to John Deer, to just after you hit the rock face and gap, back up the climb is a good UK style lap. 

Good for fitness and technique as it’s pedally and quite flat for the first half so you really have to know it well to maintain your speed - but also some varied tech bits - fast, slow, rocks, smooth, etc. 

If that’s too easy then the same thing works for the lower loop around Applicator. Also bottletop/ridge-runner if you don’t mind UK levels of slow traffic!

July 14, 2019, 9:26 p.m.

For bottletop, do you mean taking fishermans to bridle path to make it a loop?

July 15, 2019, 7:39 a.m.

I feel like bottle top would only work if mystery Creek trail wasn't hike only. As it is you have to do that sucky gravel climb off fisherman's. 

Ridge runner would work though.