Best Skinnies on the Shore?

Feb. 10, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Can't wait to get out and check out these trails, especially when more of the woodwork dries out. Gave Pink Starfish a go last weekend, but most of the woodwork was stricken with green death.

Shame to hear about Digger's trail. It looked amazing on video.

Am I right in saying that flow is in and tech is out these days?

It's more of a mixture these days. The new variety of trails has encouraged many more people to ride the Shore. As you can see from this thread, and from your own recent riding, plenty of tech still remains.

Feb. 10, 2016, 10:42 a.m.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Can't wait to get out and check out these trails, especially when more of the woodwork dries out. Gave Pink Starfish a go last weekend, but most of the woodwork was stricken with green death.

Shame to hear about Digger's trail. It looked amazing on video.

Am I right in saying that flow is in and tech is out these days?

Tech is a loose term. Steep natural trails are still enjoyed by many in cypress. But i know when I do trail work or build a section that if something is remotely tech that I had better put in an optional "flow" or easier line since 9 out of 10 people will ride the easier line over the tech/harder line. It's just the way it is.

Boundary as mentioned is still something I love riding for the woodwork. Our plan is to resurrect the skinnies on C-buster. I've been mulling the idea of taking a cordless scrubber up to get some of the worse of the green slime off the woodwork. They're fine in the dry but death in the wet.

Feb. 11, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

I love a good mix of steep tech, fast sections, skinny's, drops, Which is why I think boogieman is one of the best trail's on the shore, hopefully Cambodia makes a comeback one day it was up there too. I also recommend checking out treasure trail in squamish, I don't remember there being a ton of skinny's just a lot of gnarly variety.

Feb. 11, 2016, 4:42 p.m.

Bring your A-game on a dry day to Treasure Trail.

Thread killer

Feb. 11, 2016, 8:04 p.m.

still lots of classic North Shore around.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Feb. 11, 2016, 8:38 p.m.

still lots of classic North Shore around.

Where is that Ogopogo log? Such a cool line!

Feb. 14, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

hopefully Cambodia makes a comeback one day

…some day.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Feb. 14, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

But what is the right width?

Is it 12 inches or less or even perhaps 4 is the magic number?

what I have found the magic number is "no wiggle room".

I can be a 2 inch line 1 foot off the ground or a 12 inch run 10 feet in the air.

Love the Skinnies…

Feb. 18, 2016, 10:52 p.m.

Tech is a loose term. Steep natural trails are still enjoyed by many in cypress. But i know when I do trail work or build a section that if something is remotely tech that I had better put in an optional "flow" or easier line since 9 out of 10 people will ride the easier line over the tech/harder line. It's just the way it is.

Boundary as mentioned is still something I love riding for the woodwork. Our plan is to resurrect the skinnies on C-buster. I've been mulling the idea of taking a cordless scrubber up to get some of the worse of the green slime off the woodwork. They're fine in the dry but death in the wet.

Cordless wouldn't do it but a small back pack generator would work great.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?