Best Skinnies on the Shore?

Feb. 8, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

Hello all,

I've just gotten back into mountain biking recently and am curious to know where the best skinnies are on the shore? Either single features or trails in general.

I come from a trials background and generally prefer slow and tech over fast and flowy. Really been enjoying Boogieman, Pangor, Empress, Upper Oil, and Ladies so far, but have plenty more I need to explore. I've been watching videos of various trails on PB/Trailforks and Digger and Natural High/Immonator are next on my list, but I thought I'd check on here for advice too.

Thanks!

Dave

Feb. 8, 2016, 10:50 p.m.

…and pics/vid or links to such would be great Please and Thx!
Will most likely still just be finishing jumps/senders on "my trail" this yr…but will be adding skinnies too. I have ideas, but always open to inspiring structures.

Feb. 8, 2016, 10:54 p.m.

Boundry

Feb. 9, 2016, 7:24 a.m.

Are there any left on digger? That used to have some tech stuff

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 9, 2016, 8:22 a.m.

Are there any left on digger? That used to have some tech stuff

No , none left on digger

Feb. 9, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

Another mention for Boundary on Fromme. Bring a spare derailleur!

Feb. 9, 2016, 1:28 p.m.

Upper Oil Can (just got a revamp this past summer by the NSMBA)

Feb. 9, 2016, 2 p.m.

Not nearly as many as there once was. Immonator still has a nice skinny sequence, as does Salvation which has been under rebuilding this winter.

This metadata probably needs some updating, but you can filter trail lists to show only trails with specific TTFs.
http://www.trailforks.com/region/north-shore/trails/?difficulty=2,3,4,5,6,8,9[HTML_REMOVED]ttfs=15 (skinny)

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

Feb. 9, 2016, 2:29 p.m.

Pipeline has an optional bridge sequence near the start.

SGS on Cypress has a long series of elevated bridges. You might like Sex Boy as well, though it's definitely a gnarlier trail.

Bookwus has some Old School A-frames on a pretty tough trail.

Pink Starfish has many built features of questionable structural integrity.

Feb. 9, 2016, 9:49 p.m.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Can't wait to get out and check out these trails, especially when more of the woodwork dries out. Gave Pink Starfish a go last weekend, but most of the woodwork was stricken with green death.

Shame to hear about Digger's trail. It looked amazing on video.

Am I right in saying that flow is in and tech is out these days?

Feb. 9, 2016, 10:38 p.m.

Pipeline has an optional bridge sequence near the start.

SGS on Cypress has a long series of elevated bridges. You might like Sex Boy as well, though it's definitely a gnarlier trail.

Pink Starfish has many built features of questionable structural integrity.

First time I rode SGS I was thinking "OMG this is amazing! A perfect ribbon of UK style singletrack!" and then I hit that bloody woodwork :D Even my dog had trouble exiting the trail and slid down the wet rock at the end on her ass…..

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 10, 2016, 12:01 a.m.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Can't wait to get out and check out these trails, especially when more of the woodwork dries out. Gave Pink Starfish a go last weekend, but most of the woodwork was stricken with green death.

Shame to hear about Digger's trail. It looked amazing on video.

Am I right in saying that flow is in and tech is out these days?

Yup. Bummer really, it's all fun (flow and the tech-gnar) but too much of one type kinda takes away from mountain biking/shore riding as a whole. The NSMBA build crew have been rebuilding some good ones though. Some great work going on in the woods.

Try "Treasure Trail" in Squamish. Some super fun tech on that beauty!

Feb. 10, 2016, 12:31 a.m.

Seem to remember quite a long skinny near the top of Corkscrew? The entry was quite tricky and structurally it was also starting to look a bit wobbly, but it was a nice line!

:scotland:

Feb. 10, 2016, 1:14 a.m.

Seem to remember quite a long skinny near the top of Corkscrew? The entry was quite tricky and structurally it was also starting to look a bit wobbly, but it was a nice line!

:( that entire skinny line was ripped out in the spring of 2015. Was starting to rot and get unstable I guess.
Here is a video from 2014 http://www.pinkbike.com/video/378622/

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

Feb. 10, 2016, 8:58 a.m.

A flawless run down Bookwus where you make every A-frame is a good day indeed.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.