Best Bike Shop

Feb. 4, 2004, 5:45 p.m.

Number One is definatly Bikezone
THE only place to go when south of the fraser.
Then the rest of the best come in:
Ontop
Steed
and Overtime

(Notice how I left out a couple very prominant and well know shops)

can't get enough of that sodium benzoate…

Feb. 4, 2004, 8:35 p.m.

dieters bike shop

nothing like goin for a ride…then hittin up Wendys for some junior bacon cheeseburgers -AC

Feb. 4, 2004, 9:19 p.m.

scince when has it been open?

SELLING: 2003 norco sasquatch frame 210$obo PM for more info

Feb. 4, 2004, 9:47 p.m.

i would have to say
aka the bike shop

Feb. 4, 2004, 10:06 p.m.

Best = Steed and Dizzy.

Worst name for a tire company, ever.

Feb. 4, 2004, 10:27 p.m.

atomic ownzors all and ride on is pretty damn cool as well and definetly a close third is canadian tire

always cheap but never free
Tuff DVD 8$

Feb. 4, 2004, 10:56 p.m.

Tantalus in Squamish for sure

Feb. 4, 2004, 11:36 p.m.

i think most all shops are good, i work at steed and think we do a wicked job, i was in JH today, altough i don't agree with all thier prices, it's pretty fair, and On Top has good dudes eventough i know people that hate it, and the cove is a cool place, and ride on is dope for BMX. But basically, everyone has to pay rent and most people have similar prices. But i wouldn't whine about JH giving you a bad deal, if you didn't shop around. And you can't just say that cove is better cuz they gave you a wicked deal on a bike, cove makes their own bikes so obviously they can sell them for whatever they want. JH can't sell a brodie or norco, or specialized for bellow cost, or cost…and why should they? There's a retail price on everything for a reason, or is it just some bs, and everyone should automatically get 20% off? the point is you go to a bike shop, because they are close to you, you have friends there, you receive good service, and they sell a brand or bike that works for you. i hope everyone gets wicked service where ever they shop, cheers:D

.:NSTP:.

Feb. 4, 2004, 11:58 p.m.

The Realm Bikes and Boards in North Nanaimo kicks ass! Great prices and great service!

Feb. 5, 2004, 9:16 a.m.

Originally posted by Squampton
Tantalus in Squamish for sure

that's such a chill shop,i love it.
i wish my crappy town had good shops like that one:(

I don't have a specefic shop that i go to in vancouver.i like North shore sports swap alot.Dave is a great guy,he rocks the casbah for sure.gives good deals and helps a rider out when need be.
I pop in to BSP in west van every so often…steed is alright but i don't shop there.i dislike cove,nothing but bad service from them.

to put it simply,i don't really shop at one specefic store at all haha.

Feb. 5, 2004, 10:35 a.m.

Shopping around for a new helmet and stumbled across Edmonds Cycle great little shop good prices. Same helmet at JH $45 more. Find JH to be totally over priced.

Feb. 5, 2004, 3:59 p.m.

Originally posted by NSTP
i think most all shops are good, i work at steed and think we do a wicked job, i was in JH today, altough i don't agree with all thier prices, it's pretty fair, and On Top has good dudes eventough i know people that hate it, and the cove is a cool place, and ride on is dope for BMX. But basically, everyone has to pay rent and most people have similar prices. But i wouldn't whine about JH giving you a bad deal, if you didn't shop around. And you can't just say that cove is better cuz they gave you a wicked deal on a bike, cove makes their own bikes so obviously they can sell them for whatever they want. JH can't sell a brodie or norco, or specialized for bellow cost, or cost…and why should they? There's a retail price on everything for a reason, or is it just some bs, and everyone should automatically get 20% off? the point is you go to a bike shop, because they are close to you, you have friends there, you receive good service, and they sell a brand or bike that works for you. i hope everyone gets wicked service where ever they shop, cheers:D

Couldnt have said it better.

Feb. 5, 2004, 8:31 p.m.

Originally posted by Nick2468
i would have to say
aka the bike shop

i would have to say not

yeah bro!!

Feb. 6, 2004, 2:15 p.m.

Originally posted by brentomatic
**I used to be a fan of John Henry but not anymore. They're prices SUCK! They're overpriced and they know it. I bought two bikes from them and both times I found the exact same bike somewhere else for hundreds less. I then had to go back to JH and get the difference refunded to me. Sure, it's nice to get the money back but WTF? Offer the best deal you can at the time of purchase and people will keep comming back for more. Bastards!

The Cove is my new home. They gave me a WICKED deal on my new PEELER and '04 Shiver! Are you ready for this deal? Here we go:

New Peeler frame: $1700.
2004 Shiver: $1000.

Paid cash - half tax. (3.5%)

Try getting THAT at John fuckin' Henry!

Cove Rocks!

B **

Uhhhh … the retailer pays 3% transaction fee to the credit card company, so if you pay cash, they save themselves 3%. 7.5%-3%=3.5% (NOT 1/2 tax). So in reality, they didn't give you a deal. YOU WAS ROBBED!!!! OMIGOD!!! BOYCOTT COVE BIKES!!! BOYCOTT COVE BIKES!!! BOYCOTT COVE …. nevermind

Feb. 6, 2004, 2:18 p.m.

The 2 best bike shops in Ontario are Freewheel cycle (dundas area) and Cycle solutions (toronto) those are the best so far that i'v been to

.243 racing wethepeople