Best “bang for your buck” descents?

July 13, 2018, 8:34 a.m.

'Out There' is a short grunt up then a fun down too

July 13, 2018, 9:49 a.m.

On Fromme I think you get more bang for you buck adding in some mid ride climbing. 

7th -Leopard - back on the Mtn Hwy up to LOC - LOC - Skid Road - Skid Road Assent - Baden - Dreamweaver - climb up St. Marys - Lower Crippler - climb For the Kids - Digger 

LOC - Oil to Expresso connector - section of Expresso - Lower Expresso - St. Marys - St. Mary's Connector (climb) - Dreamweaver

July 13, 2018, 9:13 p.m.

Anyone know a good way to make a great loop of business time that incorporates some other trails?

July 13, 2018, 10:03 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Anyone know a good way to make a great loop of business time that incorporates some other trails?

Add highside/hi hi/highline first

July 14, 2018, 8:25 a.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Yes. Or ride higher on the Microwave Road and do Heavy Flow/Hindsight and ride back up Tunnel Vision which is a bit of a grunt and the end will see you humping up the rock and then blast down to IBT. I don’t do that often because the climb is not completely rideable. Or after the full IBT or even AMPM cut off go back up the road and do the TV, Heavy Flow, Hindsight lines. One can also incorporate the grind up lower Babylon By Bike for a flowing descent down See Colours and Puke (aka Hair Straight Back).

July 14, 2018, 10:40 a.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

Posted by: Kevin26

Yes. Or ride higher on the Microwave Road and do Heavy Flow/Hindsight and ride back up Tunnel Vision which is a bit of a grunt and the end will see you humping up the rock and then blast down to IBT. I don’t do that often because the climb is not completely rideable. Or after the full IBT or even AMPM cut off go back up the road and do the TV, Heavy Flow, Hindsight lines. One can also incorporate the grind up lower Babylon By Bike for a flowing descent down See Colours and Puke (aka Hair Straight Back).

Yeah, lower babylon has been brushed out so doing microwave rd to that is probably about 45-1hr climb to SCAP, then long fast bermy with a few side hit options into High Side

July 14, 2018, 12:02 p.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

Yummy Numby to Golden Door-Jeff's trail is pretty good value too, but more technical than IBT

Did this last night. Real good value!

July 16, 2018, 4:41 p.m.

If you're pressed for time, park near Braemar/Dempsey. Up the climbing trail to the top. Down Executioner>Dreamweaver. That's probably the longest sustained descent on the mountain. Though 7th/Bookwus to Leppard/CC/Kirkford is long too and similarly sustained.

July 17, 2018, 2:22 p.m.

Posted by: craw

If you're pressed for time, park near Braemar/Dempsey. Up the climbing trail to the top. Down Executioner>Dreamweaver. That's probably the longest sustained descent on the mountain. Though 7th/Bookwus to Leppard/CC/Kirkford is long too and similarly sustained.

I still haven't ridden all of Executioner and haven't ridden any of DW so I will be doing this as an after-work ride soon... but if you suck at technical climbing like me, it's 10ish minutes faster to pedal from the parking lot to 7th than it is from Dempsey to the top of No Quarter. 7th all the way down to the parking lot is an awesome descent but I've done it too many times lately, need to mix it up (first world problems).

July 17, 2018, 4:53 p.m.

new work on griffin ascent is a great warm up if you want to mix it up further

July 17, 2018, 7:42 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

I still haven't ridden all of Executioner and haven't ridden any of DW so I will be doing this as an after-work ride soon... but if you suck at technical climbing like me, it's 10ish minutes faster to pedal from the parking lot to 7th than it is from Dempsey to the top of No Quarter. 7th all the way down to the parking lot is an awesome descent but I've done it too many times lately, need to mix it up (first world problems).

Yes but then it's inconvenient to ride Executioner>DW and end up at Braemar/Dempsey. Hot tip to save you some time: don't do the whole climbing trail. It crosses Executioner a couple of times. Towards the top of the climber you actually descend down Executioner for a bit, around the bench. Sometimes I just go back down Executioner>DW from there.

July 25, 2018, 12:22 a.m.

In Whistler this week. Any other high yield, choice trail loops? Pemberton options also of interest.

July 25, 2018, 9:17 a.m.

In Whistler this week. Any other high yield, choice trail loops? Pemberton options also of interest.

Hit LOTS before it gets too beaten down by traffic?  Im not sure it falls into 'best bang for your buck' as the climb up is fairly long and steep in parts.

In Pemberton, the big climbs are Nimby and Middle Earth that leave you with a few different descent options.  Apparently the bugs are fierce up there in some places right now.

Whatever you do, go early to ride, going to be a scorcher up in Whistler/Pemby this week!

July 27, 2018, 11:53 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Yes but then it's inconvenient to ride Executioner>DW and end up at Braemar/Dempsey. Hot tip to save you some time: don't do the whole climbing trail. It crosses Executioner a couple of times. Towards the top of the climber you actually descend down Executioner for a bit, around the bench. Sometimes I just go back down Executioner>DW from there.

Another all over route is to climb up through Griffin/King of the Shore/Roadside then grind to Executioner -> DW and after faffing about with Lower Crippler/For The Kids/Lower Expresso/Dempsey you can exit stage right via Dempsey Connector to coleman street

July 27, 2018, 1:22 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Hit LOTS before it gets too beaten down by traffic?  Im not sure it falls into 'best bang for your buck' as the climb up is fairly long and steep in parts.

In Pemberton, the big climbs are Nimby and Middle Earth that leave you with a few different descent options.  Apparently the bugs are fierce up there in some places right now.

Whatever you do, go early to ride, going to be a scorcher up in Whistler/Pemby this week!

PSA. I am advised that a grizzly was near the top of Into The Mystic / On The Rocks and another or same at the top of Skywalk hiking trail near Iceberg Lake. I am told that the people at Iceberg thought it was a good idea to try and scare off the bear and they were charged by the bear. There is apparently a sign near the bottom of Skywalk that suggests making noise to scare off BLACK BEARS. That is not what you do if you encounter a grizzly. Back away slowly and make as little noise maybe talk softly if the bear has seen you. Don’t ride alone up there. Stay safe my friends.