BC BIKE RACE Coverage

June 27, 2009, 10:40 p.m.

If your interested in some fun coverage during the race I will be filming for a few on-line sites. It is all here on my blog each day. Videos of the day will be posted each night. Here is what we call Day Zero!

www.noronalife.com/blog/

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

June 30, 2009, 12:36 a.m.

http://www.velonews.com/article/93926/bc-bike-race-day-1-into-the-deep-end

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 30, 2009, 8:42 a.m.

they used your youtube video over at bike magazine :

http://bikemag.com/features/onlineexclusive/bc-bike-race-2009-day-1/

there's some crazy short guy yelling at the riders about half way through.

"It's, like, so much fun."

June 30, 2009, 1:49 p.m.

Great coverage Dave! Looks like an awesome race and a good test of riders skills.

A friend of mine is in the race and emailed this out after day 1:

"We have come to several realizations,
1. We are not "downhillers' free riders" or "all mountain assassins" we are middle aged cross country light weights of middling ability.

2. When they say on the start line PA system "If you are running high pressure in your tires, you're in for a long day" you should probably drop your pressure

3. When the "Godfather of Freeride"( Wade Simmons) tells you to "lower your saddle for the down dude" you should probably lower your saddle….

laughed my ass off!

June 30, 2009, 2 p.m.

The Guys from New Mexico complaining about pipeline need some spokey dokes to cheer them up.

Good videos except some Pipeline footage from Day 1 crept into Day 2 video.

June 30, 2009, 2:03 p.m.

jerome and I got the invite to guest ride day 6 in squamish on behalf of worca, stoked!

June 30, 2009, 2:39 p.m.

I think the course should be technical and challenging. It's mountain biking, and I don't think a roadie who hops on a MTB should be able to win, it's skill and fitness, not just fitness.

June 30, 2009, 2:48 p.m.

"We have come to several realizations,
1. We are not "downhillers' free riders" or "all mountain assassins" we are middle aged cross country light weights of middling ability.

2. When they say on the start line PA system "If you are running high pressure in your tires, you're in for a long day" you should probably drop your pressure

3. When the "Godfather of Freeride"( Wade Simmons) tells you to "lower your saddle for the down dude" you should probably lower your saddle….

laughed my ass off!

that's awesome!

June 30, 2009, 3:13 p.m.

awesome, looks like they are having a great time. :)

June 30, 2009, 3:38 p.m.

I was course marshaling this morning for the Cumberland day - what an epic course they set up. Ton's of wicked trails - I felt sorry for some of the riders as I saw them come through where I was stationed. They looked like the pot-holed fire road where Bevan crosses the Comox Logging Road was a major tech challenge. All I could think was 'Man, these guys are gonna sh*t their pants when they see Screamin Demon, Sapporo Steeps and especially Puntledge Plundge!' Ha ha!

Met Mr. Norona himself - Hi Dave! Looks like you were having fun (looked like all the moto guys were having fun, except the guy riding sweeps…)

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 30, 2009, 5:31 p.m.

I think the course should be technical and challenging. It's mountain biking, and I don't think a roadie who hops on a MTB should be able to win, it's skill and fitness, not just fitness.

amen. nothing like the roadie 'plug' when you're going into singletrack.

June 30, 2009, 6:29 p.m.

Posted via Mobile Device

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

June 30, 2009, 6:45 p.m.

Yeah wicked race and the best part is we get to moto it all! Most can't believe we make it. through but it is the way we ride.
Yep live coverage going to Bike Mag, Velo News and Pedal so pretty stoked except I gotta ride all day, then upload camera footage to computer, then make movie, upload it to Youtube which takes it to about midnight or 1 am, then listen to Lee complain that Day 2 has some Day 1 footage in it. Hard when your caring for people in the back and Steve Mitchel comes up with no footage… Oh yeah 3 snaped Carbon frames today, 2 Gary Fishes, one Trek, crazy!!! Video from day 3 is up and rewaga-awesome to meet you too and a big thanks for helping out, your son looked like he enjoyed it! On the ferry to Powell River now then more beers, Obsession Crew is playing hockey and will work through the night on bikes!!! They are incredible….bbbrraaappp
Posted via Mobile Device

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

July 1, 2009, 7:55 a.m.

thanks for the vids dave, because your footage is some of the best stuff out there for this race.

July 1, 2009, 8:16 a.m.

dave the footage is awesome! I knew there must have been tech difficulties and figured it was operator error. You definitely know how to make it funny