BC BIKE RACE Coverage

July 8, 2009, 10:17 a.m.

Can somebody lighten some things up? What I understood so far is that

- some users did not like the idea of the Medical REsponse Team (word?) for the BC Bike Race was riding on Moto. Guess you have to be very proficient (!) to ride a moto in such a way. No hacks allowed.

- around this a discussion evolved concerning issues of builders, which revolve mainly around props, hardware etc.

Are you guys for real? No offence intended, but if you have any issues with these issues - why not check your motivation for building? We live in an age where all the issues that revolve around trail building have been discussed for ages, kinda like :deadhorse: , haven't we as a community of dedicated riders/builders?

Well said Mic, the best thing anyone has said here! Especially since we caused zero damage. If we destroyed the trail, I would not feel good about our job. A few guys have misdirected energy to us cause they found out we rode all the trails only because I posted it here. If I did not post it and they found out at a later date they would be even angrier! Sad really. Our team has logged more hours on a mountain bike than most and been around longer than most and we are out there to help no hinder. Props to riders, props to builders have fun, after all it is just riding…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

July 8, 2009, 10:30 a.m.

Dave - what happened to the riders from New Mexico - the Khalsa brothers who were so un-enchanted with Pipeline. Did anyone give them spokey dokes to cheer them up?

Also how did the rigid 29ers do?

July 8, 2009, 10:32 a.m.

Just come to grips with the fact that most good trail builders are a have crazed overprotective surly bastards. and they create kick ass stuff.

keep it down low. dont blab about stuff in parking lot or on the internet and mabey even drop a six pack off in the creek near thier tool stash.

July 8, 2009, 10:43 a.m.

Just come to grips with the fact that most good trail builders are a have crazed overprotective surly bastards. and they create kick ass stuff.

keep it down low. dont blab about stuff in parking lot or on the internet and mabey even drop a six pack off in the creek near thier tool stash.

i don't drink beer. does that mean i'm not a good builder?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 8, 2009, 10:45 a.m.

Maybe someone should come up with a "Good Builder Checklist". I think thats the only way we'll know.

July 8, 2009, 10:47 a.m.

Maybe someone should come up with a "Good Builder Checklist". I think thats the only way we'll know.

if there's anything on there about punctuality that takes me off the list.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 8, 2009, 10:47 a.m.

I dont think its because you dont drink beer. not sure what the reason is

July 8, 2009, 10:48 a.m.

i thought you were already off the list for not drinking beer.. its the first question.

July 8, 2009, 1:06 p.m.

i don't drink beer. does that mean i'm not a good builder?

Also those shirts you wear, Monster t's, assorted ten year plans and wall rides, your hair, riding in lakes, that time you touched me, etc., etc, etc,…

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

July 8, 2009, 2:59 p.m.

Also those shirts you wear, Monster t's, assorted ten year plans and wall rides, your hair, riding in lakes, that time you touched me, etc., etc, etc,…

hey, that lake video was classic stuff. post it up!

Ellen Langer

July 8, 2009, 3:04 p.m.

I hate to underail the thread, but am I the only person who likes reading about people riding wildly inappropriate bikes getting their ass handed to them? That link to the first day of racing was almost funny. Not that I want anyone to get injured, but it's nice that they can now finally realize why people might want dual suspension, disc brakes, and/or more than 4" of travel.

you are actually trying to get the thread back on track.

Dave tell us more about little boy and little girl bikes breaking ;)

July 8, 2009, 4:19 p.m.

i like bikes, i like kick ass trails. And i love all you guys man…. coom bye yeahhhh!

July 8, 2009, 7:55 p.m.

FLOW: The Progression of Freeride
Mountain Biking In North Vancouver

June 27 - August 2
The Presentation House Gallery
333 Chesterfield Avenue
North Vancouver

EVENTS

OPENING RECEPTION
Friday, June 26, 7:00pm

PANEL DISCUSSION
Saturday, July 18th, at 4:00pm

Flow: The Progression of Mountain Bike Trailbuilding
and Issues of Ecology and Access.
Hosted and moderated by Cam McCrae
Founder, North Shore Mountain Biking E-Magazine

Amid the second-growth rainforest bounding the North Shore of Vancouver, out of sight to most Vancouverites, an isolated terrain has provided for an explosive evolution in sport: mountain biking has progressed farther and faster here than anywhere else in the world.

Click Here and watch this vid.

July 8, 2009, 8:43 p.m.

^ thread hijack

July 9, 2009, 5:33 a.m.

Yo Mr. Universe…

Check yer PM's. I'm on the Shore and the SSC for the next 3, I should be able to hook you up when I get back home again.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018