bad accident on Mtn Hiway

Nov. 28, 2004, 7:30 p.m.

at the last Alpine Study meeting a police offer confidently told us about how there is normally only one accident a year on Mtn Hiway, normally at dempsey. and that the road is actually quite safe.

well, there was a pretty horrific 2 car accident that had the road closed for 4hrs+ today. but it was maybe 3 blocks below dempsey.

there's no point to this post, i just thought it was ironic, and really sad. hope no one is badly hurt, cause it was a nasty one. :(

Nov. 28, 2004, 7:33 p.m.

Originally posted by statix
**at the last Alpine Study meeting a police offer confidently told us about how there is normally only one accident a year on Mtn Hiway, normally at dempsey. and that the road is actually quite safe.

well, there was a pretty horrific 2 car accident that had the road closed for 4hrs+ today. but it was maybe 3 blocks below dempsey.

there's no point to this post, i just thought it was ironic, and really sad. hope no one is badly hurt, cause it was a nasty one. :( **

Was this the crash?

Nov. 28, 2004, 8:32 p.m.

damn

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Nov. 28, 2004, 9:18 p.m.

i heard that the truck t-boned the big station wagon, flipped over and then the driver crawled out okay.
the wagon had i think grandparents and their grandson, the grandparents were okay but their grandson was unconscious and was taken to hospital. i heard this from my dad after a ride on uoc today.

22 Pride

Nov. 28, 2004, 11:11 p.m.

People even have a hard time staying in their own lane when there is NO traffic.

I heard this one outside my window while I was gettin ready for work at 5:30am and took a picture (crummy camera)

All you need for riding is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

Nov. 28, 2004, 11:27 p.m.

ya, that's it in those pics.

good to hear it sounds like they're ok.

Nov. 28, 2004, 11:41 p.m.

There are so many bad drivers

this week i have seen 7 accidents

BATTLECAT

Nov. 29, 2004, 12:29 a.m.

No surprise, it's Vancouer. Worst drivers in the world IMO. Not cuz they're all driving fast, it's cuz they just didn't learn, hopped in an hoped for the best.

I'm now living in Germany and it boring, everyone does the right thing? They pass and then get right back over in the right lane again, even if you come up behind them at 220kms and flick your lights!! You don't even need to slow down, they just get outta the way.

Oh, all these lights and 4 ways suck. Round abouts rule.

Appart from the drivers, BC is da shit :thepimp:

You're A Peein" - See you next summer BC!!

Nov. 29, 2004, 9:09 a.m.

there was another accident on mtn hwy yesterday so I've heard. It was a mtn biker who hit a car pulling out of their driveway, not sure anyother details.

Nov. 29, 2004, 10:44 a.m.

I saw that accident, was sure that whoever was in the truck was going to be in serious bad condition, the cab was pretty much flat. He was VERY lucky. I hope the kid in the other car was okay.

Jon-boy.

Nov. 29, 2004, 3:18 p.m.

I'm also very happy he walked out of the truck, he was a lucky man by the looks of that truck.

Mountain Highway is a pretty wild road so steep and it's pretty hard for anyone that's not paying attention to stop.

If this were to get out of control I could see the North Van council actually having some real dirt on bikers :(

Drive with Care and save the dare devil stuff for the trails;)

You're A Peein" - See you next summer BC!!

Nov. 29, 2004, 4:13 p.m.

Originally posted by HeadOverWheels
**No surprise, it's Vancouer. Worst drivers in the world IMO. Not cuz they're all driving fast, it's cuz they just didn't learn, hopped in an hoped for the best.

I'm now living in Germany and it boring, everyone does the right thing? They pass and then get right back over in the right lane again, even if you come up behind them at 220kms and flick your lights!! You don't even need to slow down, they just get outta the way.

Oh, all these lights and 4 ways suck. Round abouts rule.

Appart from the drivers, BC is da shit :thepimp: **

I have to agree. BEGIN RANT: I've driven many places around the world and I gotta say that Vancouver drivers are the most incompetent, bar none. Not the most aggressive (that award goes to southern Italians), but honestly the most clueless people I've ever seen. Absolutely no sense of what is happening on the road other than what's right in front of them, and even that's a stretch for some. Right turns from the left lane? I see it at least twice a day. Then witness the attempts at parrallel parking. It's enough to make you weep. On Granville yesterday I saw a BMW coupe with it's ass end 2 feet onto the sidewalk. WTF?

It kills me to see people driving $80,0000 autobahn rockets at 10 km/h below the speed limit, and they're STILL on the verge of losing control. Example: the woman in an E-class Mercedes that came to a complete stop on the on-ramp to the Richmond Freeway. No traffic - just me behind her, beating on my horn and howling like an sasquatch with his nuts in a vice.

Rant over. Phew.

Nov. 29, 2004, 4:29 p.m.

Amen, Van drivers are the worst. I wonder if it has anything to do with these stories we keep hearing about how people can Buy their licences if they know the right people?

In fact, based on some of the antics I've seen, I am actually of the mind that there is a significant % of people out on our roads without any licences at all. I mean, how could they pass a test driving like they do?

Nov. 29, 2004, 4:30 p.m.

Originally posted by Gazz
Example: the woman in an E-class Mercedes that came to a complete stop on the on-ramp to the Richmond Freeway. No traffic - just me behind her, beating on my horn and howling like an sasquatch with his nuts in a vice.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that Richmond is part of Vancouver, and hence part of Canada.

Richmond seceded from Canada quite some time ago. It is a different country and has different rules for driving.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 29, 2004, 4:33 p.m.

richmond has united with asia..

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.