Australian bikers are psychos

Oct. 28, 2009, 5:23 p.m.

I'll bite.

I seriously doubt the cyclist freaked out because the bus overtook him. It doesn't make sense. More likely is that the bus driver decided that using his bus to threaten the cyclist was appropriate, thereby taking the law into his own hands and risking the life of the cyclist while he's at it. In that context getting seriously angry is not that surprising.

It's like someone on their balcony spotting a cyclist on the sidewalk below and thinking "That is illegal so I'll get my deer rifle and shoot his tires out. Chances are that I won't accidentally kill him in the process but if I do, well to be honest he deserves it as he is cycling on the sidewalk." [HTML_REMOVED]Bang[HTML_REMOVED] "Well I didn't kill him but now he's shaking his fist at me. That is outrageous, HE was the one breaking the law!".

All this is assuming that the bus driver did something dangerous. Having been nearly squashed by aggressive bus drivers on more than one occasion it doesn't seem like too much of a far fetched assumption.

I remember as a kid, being told in my drivers ed class (mandatory for high
school graduation in California) that if you drove drunk or high that anything
that happens to you is your fault no matter if what you did would have been
if you had been sober.

So, it was explained to us that if you were drunk and someone else ran a red
light and t-boned you, that YOU would go to jail and the other person would
be let off. Because, you would not have been there if you were following the
rules and stayed off the road. EDIT: It's no longer like that in Cali

Having seen how many road bikers ride, I'd be willing to say the biker tried to
pass the bus and the bus driver not expecting a bike in a bus lane pulled over
or turned right and squeezed the biker.

I'd say 50% of the time I've seen a bike incident (whether it be bike/car, bike/ped
bike/bike, bike/bus) it's the bikes fault where the bikes breaking the law or being
rude and/or arrogant. On the other hand from what I've seen where the car/bus/ped
is at fault is it because of rudeness. Most of the time it's ignorance and inattentiveness
that makes the car/bus/ped in the wrong. I see it all the time with
car/car interactions, most of the time it's people not paying attention not arrogance
and rudeness (though those are the ones that stick in out heads the most).

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Oct. 28, 2009, 11:08 p.m.

:orly:

I would believe your statement if you replaced awesome with one of the following: (1) loud, (2) annoying, (3) really loud, (4) really really loud and annoying. I think that about covers it.

And what are you basing this off? Surely to make statements such as these you must have traveled here and met every single person that lives in this country? Am I wrong?

you sound like a jerk!

Oct. 29, 2009, 8:03 a.m.

Am I wrong?

Yep.

Oct. 29, 2009, 9:42 a.m.

cracks a cold one

Anybody wanna join in watching this fight?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 29, 2009, 9:43 a.m.

cracks a cold one

Anybody wanna join in watching this fight?

Was it fosters?

Oct. 29, 2009, 9:58 a.m.

Was it fosters?

I'll have a Coopers.

Oct. 29, 2009, 12:26 p.m.

I would believe your statement if you replaced awesome with one of the following: (1) loud, (2) annoying, (3) really loud, (4) really really loud and annoying. I think that about covers it.

he said Aussies, not Americans

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 29, 2009, 10:52 p.m.

Wow, some people do have the nerve to pull some ridiculous shit. Man deserves a good tar and feathering.

Oct. 29, 2009, 11:04 p.m.

he said Aussies, not Americans

havent you ever heard, the aussie/NZ difference is similar to the Canadian/US difference… So, they might be one in the same ;)

Oct. 29, 2009, 11:20 p.m.

havent you ever heard, the aussie/NZ difference is similar to the Canadian/US difference… So, they might be one in the same ;)

Are you saying Canadians like to screw sheep?

An Australian ventriloquist visiting New Zealand, walks into a small village and sees a local sitting on his porch patting his dog. He figures he'll have a little fun.
Ventriloquist: "G'day Mate! Good looking dog, mind if I speak to him?"
Villager: "The dog doesn't talk, you stupid Aussie."
Ventriloquist: "Hello dog, how's it going mate?"
Dog: "Doin' all right"
Villager: (look of extreme shock)
Ventriloquist: "Is this villager your owner?" (pointing at the villager)
Dog: "Yep"
Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you?"
Dog: "Real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great food and takes me to the lake once a week to play."
Villager: (look of utter disbelief)
Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your horse?"
Villager: "Uh, the horse doesn't talk either….I think."
Ventriloquist: "Hey horse, how's it going?"
Horse: "Cool"
Villager: (absolutely dumbfounded)
Ventriloquist: "Is this your owner?" (pointing at the villager)
Horse: "Yep"
Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you?"
Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking. He rides me regularly, brushes me down often and keeps me in the barn to protect me from the elements."
Villager: (total look of amazement)
Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"
Villager: "The sheep's a liar"

Oct. 30, 2009, 12:51 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqVzRD_nWLQ

Oct. 31, 2009, 3:55 p.m.

And what are you basing this off? Surely to make statements such as these you must have traveled here and met every single person that lives in this country? Am I wrong?

I don't know if he's been to Australia, but I'll bet he's been to Whistler which is almost the same thing!

Nov. 1, 2009, 5:23 a.m.

Yep.

Amazing. Still waiting for you to back up your statement.

you sound like a jerk!

Nov. 2, 2009, 1:59 p.m.

I thought it was the Greeks that liked sheep…anyhow back to the topic at hand.

I think the biker was WAY out of line here, he was already biking illegally and knew it. The bus driver probably came up behind him, honked his horn to get the guy to move and the bugger didnt. So the driver probably took it apon himself to get the guy to move. The biker was offended and just turned into a total dick I see it all the time. My father in law drives for our local transit company and has suffered similar issues to this. Road bikers think they own the road when unfortunately like everyone else they have to follow the laws of operating a motor vehicle, and some of them just dont believe that. It may be an asshole thing to do but I would have clipped the guy with my mirror knocked him on his lycra wearing ass and laughed as I drove away. If you wanna play with fire be prepared to get burned. But to assult the bus driver I think this guy needs to spend some time in an Aussie prison.

Nov. 2, 2009, 2:47 p.m.

I thought it was the Greeks that liked sheep…anyhow back to the topic at hand.

I think the biker was WAY out of line here, he was already biking illegally and knew it. The bus driver probably came up behind him, honked his horn to get the guy to move and the bugger didnt. So the driver probably took it apon himself to get the guy to move. The biker was offended and just turned into a total dick I see it all the time. My father in law drives for our local transit company and has suffered similar issues to this. Road bikers think they own the road when unfortunately like everyone else they have to follow the laws of operating a motor vehicle, and some of them just dont believe that. It may be an asshole thing to do but I would have clipped the guy with my mirror knocked him on his lycra wearing ass and laughed as I drove away. If you wanna play with fire be prepared to get burned. But to assult the bus driver I think this guy needs to spend some time in an Aussie prison.

You are totally contradicting yourself throughout this little rant. You're implying that the bus driver would be justified in physically attacking the cyclist (with his bus) because the cyclist was breaking the law already. But in this action the bus driver would actually be breaking the law himself (actually in a much more dangerous way than the cyclist was). Therefore, by your own logic, the cyclist would be justified in attacking the bus driver. Which is what he did.

I don't care if the cyclist was in a bus lane. It might be frustrating for the bus driver but that in no way justifies taking the law into his own hands and risking the guy's life. I'll use another example to highlight the stupidity of the bus driver's actions (assuming that he did actually use his bus threateningly): You're driving down the road and you see someone turn left without signaling so you chase them down and ram them off the road. Apparently this is ok because they broke the law by not signaling. This is analogous to what you just described. In fact it's probably weaker than you described because turning without signaling is almost certainly more dangerous than cycling in a bus lane.