ATTN: North Van riders

Dec. 21, 2003, 12:20 p.m.

I am planning a trip to North Van. this summer exclusively for riding, I have never been to the Shore but I ride the imitation stuff we have in town. I dont really know much about Van except for the names of some of the riding locations, Cypress, Fromme, Seymore. The one thing I dont know about it is Geography, what is the proximity from one mountain to the next? Is it essential to shuttle them? will I need to 2 vehicles? Also, how hard is it to find the really good trails? Would I be better off going to one of the shops or head out and try and find them myself? I dont need a really long answer, because this wont be until June-Julyish I'm just wondering what to expect so I can plan ahead, and do some more research and I thought this would be the best place to start.

it's hard to face the problem when the problem is your face

Dec. 21, 2003, 12:24 p.m.

shuttle seymour ride fromme and cypress. when you say really good trails what type of riding do you mean?

try for a trip out to whistler if you can.
all the ns mountains are fairly close to each other and there are alot of dj parks around

minus signature

Dec. 21, 2003, 12:44 p.m.

As far as good trails, I mean some technical DH, FR kinda stuff, with stunts ie. Air Supply. I was on nsmba.bc.ca and I've got a map of Fromme, and they had some info on Seymore, but I havent found anything on Cypress. I was at Whistler this summer, I will be back again but I wanted to try some of the original Van shore stuff.

Dec. 21, 2003, 1:56 p.m.

Originally posted by Aircorp
As far as good trails, I mean some technical DH, FR kinda stuff, with stunts ie. Air Supply. I was on nsmba.bc.ca and I've got a map of Fromme, and they had some info on Seymore, but I havent found anything on Cypress. I was at Whistler this summer, I will be back again but I wanted to try some of the original Van shore stuff.

Technical DH - Air Supply? :S

where would you be staying? I think it would be best to look at a map.

Buses in NorthVan don't have racks, so you'll either need to find a ride, or ride your way up.

You CAN shuttle Seymour and Cypress, Fromme you hafta climb. Post a little bit closer to the time, and I'm sure there'll be a buncha people willing to ride with you.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Dec. 21, 2003, 3:26 p.m.

Originally posted by Keefer
**Technical DH - Air Supply? :S

where would you be staying? I think it would be best to look at a map.

Buses in NorthVan don't have racks, so you'll either need to find a ride, or ride your way up.

You CAN shuttle Seymour and Cypress, Fromme you hafta climb. Post a little bit closer to the time, and I'm sure there'll be a buncha people willing to ride with you. **

Ya, I know Air Supply isnt technical DH but im looking for any kinda riding that I can put my dual 7" bike to use, so just some fast steep trails, and good freeride hucking, jumping trails. I also like riding skinnies. I'm probably gonna go with some friends so we'll have 2 vehicles, how long is the ride up Fromme, Cypress?

Dec. 21, 2003, 3:41 p.m.

If you want steep go cypress, but you want someone to show you where the trails are. They are tuff to find. Seymore has some easier trails but they are super fun with lots of flow. Fromme is amazing too. More technical stuff then seymore. Its all good.

I love living here:D

BATTLECAT

Dec. 21, 2003, 3:53 p.m.

Originally posted by Count Blah
Booo Shore. Yay Whistler:D

you are just too weak to ride real man trails

Dec. 21, 2003, 4:11 p.m.

Ya, I bet you love all those tables as opposed to gaps so when you case you don't eat shit….

Dec. 21, 2003, 5:21 p.m.

to get to the top of fromme, like oilcan, it takes around 40 min. hike. the trails are really easy to find, most of the ones made by nsmba have signs.

seymour you will need two vihicles if you want to shuttle.

and for cypress you will want help finding trails.

some one said this before, "whistler is like disneyland, while the shore is real"

SELLING: 2003 norco sasquatch frame 210$obo PM for more info

Dec. 22, 2003, 9:12 a.m.

Originally posted by Aircorp
Ya, I bet you love all those tables as opposed to gaps so when you case you don't eat shit….

:lol: :lol:

with 2 cars you'll be fine.

if you wanna save some serious coin on lodging, stay at the dorms at Simon Fraser U. You get a private room for like $20 a night. And there is some good urban riding and some tame trail riding up there.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 22, 2003, 6:46 p.m.

Whistler is people who cant handle the real trails the shore has to offer. No gaps and their is a route around every drop.

stuff for sale:
Dainese upper body suit, size medium, brand new and never worn $200
email me for details: [email protected]

Dec. 22, 2003, 8:11 p.m.

keefer - buses in north van DONT have racks ?

that is what a NV noob would say .. but they were issued bike racks 3 monthes ago almost and are on all buses now ! each bus can carry 2 bikes

www.idun.tv
03' marzocchi dirt jumper 2
new steerer, crown, stantions
$300 obo

Dec. 22, 2003, 9:11 p.m.

Originally posted by Seb
aircorp, your name wouldnt happen to be Craig, would it?

Nope, sorry, are you from PG too?

Dec. 23, 2003, 12:30 a.m.

Dude, make your life easier, just call up the Bushpilot! He'll take you on a tour, show you all the local trails and offer advice if you want some. True you have to pay, but he has a big ass van to carry you, your mates and your bikes, and if you're REALLY nice, maybe he'll cook you guys some food after the rides!

Bush Pilot is located in Deepest Darkest North Shore; Deep Cove.
(ph) 604 803 4766
1858 Deep Cove Rd. North Vancouver, B.C. Canada, V7G 1S6

http://www.bushpilotbiking.com/

Good luck, and yes, Whistler is fun, but you can't beat the diversity of the big three!

Dec. 23, 2003, 7 a.m.

Originally posted by Seb
nope
a friend of mine went out with a guy in PG, he also worked at mcdicks(says in your profile) so i thought it might be you
i think she said he rides a Evil

Craig who works at McDicks with an Evil? hmmmm, sorry, don't know who he is… I only know one guy who has an evil.