attention all shed heads

Jan. 22, 2003, 1:11 a.m.

Originally posted by Garris
so are we just meeting in the shed on the 1st…

That sounds like the plan. Not sure what time but i'd imagine 12-2'ish in the meadow.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 22, 2003, 1:42 a.m.

So the next question is once we find out the time of the Meeting on the first, who's the first to post a new thread inviting any and all riders in the Lower Mainland to come out and help support us. I'm sure some people who have worked on trail days on the Shore arent always from the shore and we need to have that sort of community feeling in order to keep trails open PERIOD. I'm not sure whats involved but maybe we can get something posted on nsmba.bc.ca and even a quick blurb on the nsmb.com front pagee asking for support?? These are all just late night idea's but if we work with it quickly and even if they do tear it down which i feel will happen, we can still build for the future complete with signage for rider's abilities and info for other groups.

Another issue that I feel needs to be addressed at the meeting, maybe on certain trails only, but we need to emphasize that hikers should in theory have to yield to "cyclists" due to high speeds and occasional air born moments. That would/could help keep some stunts like the piers open if we post signage at both trail heads (drop in's and exit's) warning them. To sum it up - we need to make it as clear as possible that we've done all we can to inform all user groups of the trails at hand of the dangers ahead.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 22, 2003, 10:36 a.m.

Those concerned about the shed should let all the mountain bikers know of the situation (not just shed users) and let the entire community get involved. There's definitely power in numbers, and it sounds like you might have a struggle with this.

Jan. 22, 2003, 10:53 a.m.

Originally posted by aShogunNamedMarcus
**So the next question is once we find out the time of the Meeting on the first, who's the first to post a new thread inviting any and all riders in the Lower Mainland to come out and help support us. I'm sure some people who have worked on trail days on the Shore arent always from the shore and we need to have that sort of community feeling in order to keep trails open PERIOD. I'm not sure whats involved but maybe we can get something posted on nsmba.bc.ca and even a quick blurb on the nsmb.com front pagee asking for support?? These are all just late night idea's but if we work with it quickly and even if they do tear it down which i feel will happen, we can still build for the future complete with signage for rider's abilities and info for other groups.

Another issue that I feel needs to be addressed at the meeting, maybe on certain trails only, but we need to emphasize that hikers should in theory have to yield to "cyclists" due to high speeds and occasional air born moments. That would/could help keep some stunts like the piers open if we post signage at both trail heads (drop in's and exit's) warning them. To sum it up - we need to make it as clear as possible that we've done all we can to inform all user groups of the trails at hand of the dangers ahead. **

Well said Dave, I will definetly be there, sheds gonna be like my second home this summer.

ScotShip Award Recipient

Jan. 22, 2003, 11:13 a.m.

We could be like hippies and sit on the stunts and refuse to get off for the construction people.

Seriously man, that would SUCK. If they tear down your work, inform them that they are going to have to reconstruct what they've destroyed once matters are settled. That burns my ass.

Jan. 22, 2003, 2:27 p.m.

we cant loose the shed!