Armstrong or Palmer?

Oct. 26, 2008, 3:13 a.m.

2 things:
1: The "return" of Nico Voullioz (the most dominating figure DH racing has ever seen, and the reason why the sport is the way it is today) was a flop. Palmer will no doubt be fast by comparison with mortal folk - finishing a run 15 seconds after Peaty or Minaar is fricken quick - but finishing 15 seconds behind them in the WC will get you nothing. Ergo Palmer will be fast and XTREME Sports Channel friendly, but not Sam Hill troubling fast.

2: There were fancy new drugs floating around at this years tour that were previously "undetectable". Therefore for me, this is the biggest chance to burst the Lance myth in actual testing and competition. Look for him to be "busted" in 2 years time for what he does this year.
He will still try and rely on his team to carry him to victory - and they will have to, because everyone else is out to get him. = The death of the inspiring breakaway, and the continuation of people sitting in cars telling the riders when to pedal harder. = Lame.

Oct. 26, 2008, 9:30 a.m.

come on, this guy did doping like all the other "stars" of this sport. thx to them, cycling is dead now in germany. our biggest tv stations dont do live events anymore, the german tour is canceled, also some track events in the winter…

I totally agree with you if by Lance Armstrong you mean Jan Ullrich.

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

http://www.valleyvetservices.com
www.vmta.ca

Oct. 26, 2008, 9:33 a.m.

If I wanted to hero-worship a load of junkies, I'd take my prayer mat down East Hastings…

…that was small-g god. I did not know that Lance was turning tricks behind the Patricia for a $10 rock so he could get his "smoke on"

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

www.vmta.ca

Oct. 27, 2008, 3:33 p.m.

I totally agree with you if by Lance Armstrong you mean Jan Ullrich.

On August 23, 2005, L'

Oct. 27, 2008, 3:38 p.m.

1: The "return" of Nico Voullioz (the most dominating figure DH racing has ever seen, and the reason why the sport is the way it is today) was a flop.

so qualifying 5th in champery is a flop now?

Oct. 27, 2008, 7:24 p.m.

so qualifying 5th in champery is a flop now?

indeed. it's not like he had hopes of returning to dominance or plans of running a full dh season; he was just dabbling. obviously his current priority is rally. he was just crowned 2008 irc driver's champion; not too shabby.

Oct. 27, 2008, 8:29 p.m.

no epo tests back then doesnt mean he wasnt guilty like the rest. he only didnt get caught… come on, you really believe hes clean? every "big" name in the sport in the last years was a customer from fuentes and armstrong was the only lone warrior in the big fight?

No. Lance was not likely the only "lone warrior". However, he has never tested positive for anything including over-indulgence in "blow" and bratwurst like our teutonic friend and perennial 2nd placer in TdF Herr Ullrich.

www.vmta.ca

Oct. 29, 2008, 12:40 p.m.

Really? I'm heading into my 20th season on a board and I remember Palmer was the first poster boy of the dickhead misogynist egotistical asshole new school (though he wasn't technically new school).

He was a great rider, but he didn't let it speak for itself (if he did, you couldn't hear it over his loud beaking off).

"the first poster boy of the dickhead misogynist egotistical asshole new school" - EXACTLY!! He was the f'n man… you just couldn't handle it… or keep up in hard boots and asymetrical race board… hahaha! I feel like it's '92 all over again… excuse me while I jib your picknick table and slass your families lunch to shit and ride away while you shake your fist and keep repeating "you darn kids!" haha.. good times.

Oct. 29, 2008, 4:26 p.m.

_ hard boots and asymetrical race board… _

speaking of which, i was rocking one of these in the '90's (wearing an era appropriate fluorescent pink/green/orange jacket).