are spandies the answer?

Nov. 5, 2003, 2:02 a.m.

You can try compression shorts if you don;t like the chamois. Compression shorts are Spandex shorts with no Chammy. Pro athletes wear them in most sports that chaffing can occur. They are lightweight and comfy. They also tell you that wearing a thin layer helps keep the muscles warm and ready to perform.

The coolest company in the univers for this stuff is Underarmour. There logo is an X and can be seen under many pro athletes jerseys. Todd Bertuzzi is commonly seen in it. I have a bunch of their gear, from compression shorts to Winter Shirts. For wearing underneath your armour this stuff rocks tha casba.

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/default.asp click on the "Gear" tabs to see different weight stuff (IE "Turf gear" "Heat Gear" etc.)

The stuff is well built, decently priced (As riding shorts w/ Chamois can cost anywhere from 30 - 150 bucks).

For winter riding I wear Either a all season gear mock turtle neck or I have a cold gear one as well. All the colder gear can be doubled into Snowboarding or skiing.

For summer I have a couple of HEat Gear full T-Shirts.

No chaffe from armour rubbing and the stuff wicks moisture away from your body.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Nov. 5, 2003, 8:58 a.m.

If you find that you chafe alot, even with chamois shorts, get yourself a can of Bag Balm from Lee Valley.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?page=10255[HTML_REMOVED]SID=[HTML_REMOVED]ccurrency=1[HTML_REMOVED]category=2%2C42551

Although it says that it's only for Bovine use, it works great for chapping and it's antiseptic too. Put a little bit on the chamois, and the rash will disappear.

Nov. 5, 2003, 11:58 a.m.

Originally posted by Panzer_ace
**do Lycra help against bruising your inner tighs?

I ride a full suspension and often when I am going fast and loose control I kind of dismount backwards (clean dismount - instead of going over handlebars or something). The only problem is that my seat hits my tights and gives nasty bruises and almost 'road rash' on my tighs.**

:???: Inner thigh bruising? Do you sleep with a Thai kickboxer, by any chance?:D

Perhaps your seat is too wide if it's getting in the way during dismounts. Try a XC-style seat, as freeride seats tend to be comparatively wide and long.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 5, 2003, 5:36 p.m.

I had that problem with a couple free ride seats ('cause they were too long I think)… started Using the Titec El Norte and I love it… but everyones butt needs something else…

I tried the inner shorts (like undies) but I really didn't like them… I found they absorbed a lot of sweet that my lycra wick away… I'd actually stopped wearing them… but after seeing this thread I put 'em on for today… What a difference…

thanks

Nov. 5, 2003, 11:05 p.m.

**do Lycra help against bruising your inner tighs?

Do they make inner thigh armour…or do Lycra or MTB shorts Help??? (currently I'm just wearing normal shorts) **

first of all, spandex under your shorts is the way to go. if your thighs are wet from riding in the slop, you gotta keep them from rubbing together. but buy a good, 8 panel pair, with a synthetic chamio.
You'll get uses to the feeling, and it really does help pad your ass and keep the boys in place. the spandex also allows everything to slide off your legs better. try the pairs on, larger is better, cause your nuts don't get sqweezed as bad.

Sugoi makes a half length pair of "tights", (just below the knee) that are extra thick spandex. they rock. they slip into the top of your leg armor and add a bit of protection to the thighs. I've had those bruises on my inner thighs for about 2 years now. but it stops the skin from getting raw

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Nov. 5, 2003, 11:38 p.m.

do Lycra or MTB shorts Help??? (currently I'm just wearing normal shorts)

I never even noticed the comment about mtb shorts. Yes, mtb shorts are good because they are often made from a fabric that doesn't grab onto your skin. But lycras under mtb shorts are the best, because your shorts will just slide off the lycra.

Good suggestion about 8-panel shorts, worth the money and not expensive at MEC. The better shorts have a molded, antibacterial chamois.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 6, 2003, 1:41 p.m.

Most Mtb baggy shorts have a built in chamois liner. Am I the only one that rides with these? It beats buying two separate garments but probably costs the same. My bro just got some Oakley shorts and he swears by 'em.

Nov. 6, 2003, 4:46 p.m.

shave your thighs, it makes for a good experience with the spandex. (this is really the only reason I ride road bikes)

*FLY TRINITY! FLY!*

██████ L I V E S T R O N G ██████

SEVEN STRAIGHT SUCKA!

Nov. 7, 2003, 5 p.m.

hooray,i went for a ride with some spandies on underneath today,and no chafage!

Nov. 7, 2003, 5:25 p.m.

:clap:

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Nov. 7, 2003, 5:58 p.m.

huzzah! I think I may have to pick some of those bastards up. I'll feel all sexy under my Roach Rally shorts… :love:

Check my stuff for sale!

Nov. 7, 2003, 6:23 p.m.

Originally posted by FullMonty
huzzah! I think I may have to pick some of those bastards up. I'll feel all sexy under my Roach Rally shorts… :love:

hahaha,yeah they solved the problem completely.kept my boys warm and in place in this cold weather too!

no more testicular whiplash for me!:)

Nov. 7, 2003, 6:32 p.m.

haha i HATE that.

last night at work i caught my right nut on a buggy. it felt funny.

Nov. 7, 2003, 6:35 p.m.

Originally posted by Barry
**haha i HATE that.

last night at work i caught my right nut on a buggy. it felt funny. **

jeez,i don't think that's too healthy.you could do some damage to you're nutsack that way.ouch.

the spandies still didn't save me from eating it royally and hurting my head though.now i gotta explain why my temples all swollen up and cut up to shit when i get to work tommorow.
fuck.

Nov. 7, 2003, 6:36 p.m.

say you kickbox on the side. and it got ugly. but you shoulda seen the other guy ;) :D