are spandies the answer?

Nov. 4, 2003, 8:41 p.m.

Got some bad chafing on my gooch area after riding today,as well as my inner thighs.fucking painful.
are spandies the way to go?i mean,just throw a pair of spandies under my riding shorts,or does anyone have a better solution?
i haven't ridden in spandies since my XC day's…i'm a little worried about the un-comfortable-ness,or do they make em more comfy these days?

Nov. 4, 2003, 8:44 p.m.

apparently the Chamois shorts are the way to go. I'm not too stoked on riding with a giant piece of padding in my crotch, but you'll never see it under your gear. Heck, it might even provide a wee bit 'o protection for the ol' no-footer landers. :eek:

Check my stuff for sale!

Nov. 4, 2003, 8:47 p.m.

ahahaha!

its not the spandex that helps, its the shammy shit in your crotch, but spandex is the easiest way to get that in there.

btw - i stood on the highway till the bus drove right by me. i hitchiked for 30 min, then rode to nvan to the bus and i just got home lol. and one of my old friends saw me laying on the bus bench in a hoodie and rainjacket and thought i was a hobo so he didnt come near me. :(

Nov. 4, 2003, 8:48 p.m.

Originally posted by FullMonty
apparently the Chamois shorts are the way to go. I'm not too stoked on riding with a giant piece of padding in my crotch, but you'll never see it under your gear.

yeah i just wanna avoid the chafage in the cold dry weather…i don't liek the feeling that a chamois gives though…the feeling of having shitted you're pants hahaha.i'd rather get that feeling from hitting a new line.:eek:

Nov. 4, 2003, 8:50 p.m.

Originally posted by Barry
btw - i stood on the highway till the bus drove right by me. i hitchiked for 30 min, then rode to nvan to the bus and i just got home lol. and one of my old friends saw me laying on the bus bench in a hoodie and rainjacket and thought i was a hobo so he didnt come near me. :(

haha so you made the ferry just fine i guess.musta been a little sketchy.glad you made it home well.you'll have to come up in the spring.there should be a few new trails popping up by then too.and it'll be warmer.

Nov. 4, 2003, 8:55 p.m.

Spandies keep your balls in order, though.

I think i might buy a pair. I need support that jeans and draws just don't provide :lol:

They're cheap, and they make it so you're not so nasty down there.

SOR

Nov. 4, 2003, 9:01 p.m.

Originally posted by WBC
They're cheap, and they make it so you're not so nasty down there.

For all that wild after-ride sexxin'??? :lol:

Check my stuff for sale!

Nov. 4, 2003, 9:12 p.m.

seriously what you do is generously apply vaseline to the area that is chaffing or that would get chaffed. put on spandex and then put a regular pair of shorts overtop.

never tried it cuz i dont chaff but a few road guys told me to do that if i ever had that problem.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Nov. 4, 2003, 9:24 p.m.

Originally posted by lancepaydirt
**seriously what you do is generously apply vaseline to the area that is chaffing or that would get chaffed. put on spandex and then put a regular pair of shorts overtop.

never tried it cuz i dont chaff but a few road guys told me to do that if i ever had that problem. **

I'm thinking that a regular pair of spandies would fix the problem.this sounds a little erm,extreme..

Nov. 4, 2003, 9:30 p.m.

MEC also sells liner shorts with a padded chamois, if you happen to be a fan of the "whitey tightie" look.:eek:

But yes, spandies under the riding shorts are the only way to go. You don't want the cojones constantly rolling around while you're getting on and off the saddle.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 4, 2003, 9:45 p.m.

Originally posted by lancepaydirt
**seriously what you do is generously apply vaseline to the area

never tried it cuz i dont chaff but a few road guys told me to do that. **

Did they also tell you to bend over when your done lubing up?

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

Nov. 4, 2003, 9:59 p.m.

i've been wearing/riding with XC spandies/Chamouis since 95, and i'll continue to wear em under my riding shorts/pants…

they really do help…

Nov. 4, 2003, 10:59 p.m.

Originally posted by trail worker
i haven't ridden in spandies since my XC day's…i'm a little worried about the un-comfortable-ness

Hell, yes, they are more comfortable now.

Back around the start of civilization, the chamois in bike shorts were actually made of…chamois (leather). And there was no padding to speak of.:eek:

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 4, 2003, 11:30 p.m.

Originally posted by sanrensho
**MEC also sells liner shorts with a padded chamois, if you happen to be a fan of the "whitey tightie" look.:eek:

But yes, spandies under the riding shorts are the only way to go. You don't want the cojones constantly rolling around while you're getting on and off the saddle. **

Yup, never leave your boyz a hangin'…

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=668755[HTML_REMOVED]PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=14691[HTML_REMOVED]bmUID=1068017074632

or, if that's your thing ;) …

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=668755[HTML_REMOVED]PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=523185[HTML_REMOVED]bmUID=1068017074637

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Nov. 5, 2003, 1:29 a.m.

do Lycra help against bruising your inner tighs?

I ride a full suspension and often when I am going fast and loose control I kind of dismount backwards (clean dismount - instead of going over handlebars or something). The only problem is that my seat hits my tights and gives nasty bruises and almost 'road rash' on my tighs.

Do they make inner thigh armour…or do Lycra or MTB shorts Help??? (currently I'm just wearing normal shorts)