April 26 NSMBA Trail Day

April 27, 2009, 9:21 p.m.

A foot high drop? :P

Yup, it is a blue trail that a lot of kids ride so I'm guessing they wanted to make it rollable.

April 27, 2009, 9:32 p.m.

A foot high drop? :P

Yup, it is a blue trail that a lot of kids ride so I'm guessing they wanted to make it rollable.

and davem too. i've seen him endo off the end of a log on ladies that wasn't even a foot high, maybe 8", the same as the amount of travel on his front fork.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 27, 2009, 9:47 p.m.

and davem too. i've seen him endo off the end of a log on ladies that wasn't even a foot high, maybe 8", the same as the amount of travel on his front fork.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But I feel sorry for DaveM. It seems everyone has a story about him

Then again, there may be a reason for that :P

:england:

April 28, 2009, 5:32 a.m.

Hey, I also wanted to send a shout out to the other host for the great BBQ.

Green Coast was also a huge part in keeping the burgers and Salmon flowing.

Thanks Eamonn!

Some of you may have noticed the huge grin he had…. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the Rocky sponsorship he landed and the new Flatline Pro waiting for him.

Sick bike.. congrats!

Click Me

April 28, 2009, 8 a.m.

When we walked past they had the original bolder (previously a 2.5 foot drop), then the two new boulders they moved into place to make a rock skinny.

The last rock still had about a foot high drop and they were talking about how to finish it off.

Yeah, we managed to finish it off pretty quickly. It always helps when you've got four guys and three pry pars to help get the job done. Should make a nice little boulder roll to practice on ;)

April 28, 2009, 10:15 a.m.

When we walked past they had the original bolder (previously a 2.5 foot drop), then the two new boulders they moved into place to make a rock skinny.

The last rock still had about a foot high drop and they were talking about how to finish it off.

That 2.5' drop was a fun challengs to wheelie off and then hit the immediate left turn at good speed. It could also be rolled. Now it's gone.

The big downside to trail days is that a lot of time and effort is spent to "fix" things that don't need fixing.

No offence intended to those who did it but shit happens.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

April 28, 2009, 11:33 a.m.

Hey, I also wanted to send a shout out to the other host for the great BBQ.

Green Coast was also a huge part in keeping the burgers and Salmon flowing.

Thanks Eamonn!

Some of you may have noticed the huge grin he had…. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the Rocky sponsorship he landed and the new Flatline Pro waiting for him.

Sick bike.. congrats!

Both Dan from On Top Bikes and Eamonn from Green Coast Rubbish put on a great BBQ and even brought cake for Digger's birthday! Now tell me that's not something to grin about :)

May 1, 2009, 10:52 a.m.

check out the writeup, lots of pics of happy builders!

http://www.nsmba.bc.ca/index.php?option=com_content[HTML_REMOVED]task=view[HTML_REMOVED]id=267[HTML_REMOVED]Itemid=76

May 1, 2009, 11:32 a.m.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80588047@N00/sets/72157617435691592/

Here's the rest of the photos (there were too many to use.) Thanks Jordan for taking them on short notice!

May 1, 2009, 1:20 p.m.

Great job on the photo's and write up.

Damn; my log appears to be the shortest and thinnest … it was the camera angle ….

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

May 1, 2009, 2:05 p.m.

Great job on the photo's and write up.

Damn; my log appears to be the shortest and thinnest … it was the camera angle ….

it's all about technique (so I've heard), you could carry that log for hours like that

May 1, 2009, 4:40 p.m.

did you just get out of the pool by any chance?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 1, 2009, 4:55 p.m.

damn that rep-spreader thing!

May 3, 2009, 3:03 p.m.

not bad, only 2 posts and just over three hours to elicit the correct response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.