Apparently dogs aren't liek on MTBR.com

July 2, 2008, 4:08 p.m.

I made some new friends.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=4629254[HTML_REMOVED]posted=1#post4629254

That's supposed to say liked.oops

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

July 2, 2008, 4:15 p.m.

Police on bikes, handing out tickets.

Sounds like the bylaw cop on fromme handing out tickets for riding at night…

July 2, 2008, 4:19 p.m.

Trail dork, eh? :P

I see lots of riders with dogs on Fromme and they never bother me.

Don't get me started on dog walkers in the UBC Endowment Lands though. facepalm

July 2, 2008, 4:29 p.m.

Quote from Mtbr

"you are an inconsiderate ass and the type of trail dork I have had some serious confrontations with….keep it up moron, in my area dogs are about to be banned and police on bikes are going to be handing out citations to losers like you".

WTF!

I guess Oldslty does not live around here where trail dogs are very common or may be he just don't like you?.

As for some of the concerns, i.e. the dog may pull you off your bike if leashed, fast riders may crash into the dog, the dog may get exhausted if you ride too fast and long …….yes a possibility, but only if all common sense and responsibility have departed…..which seems to be the norm these days…..

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

July 2, 2008, 4:34 p.m.

America, Fuck Ya!

July 2, 2008, 4:40 p.m.

LOL.

MTBR is great for a lot of things. Like humour.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 2, 2008, 4:40 p.m.

I replied..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

July 2, 2008, 4:48 p.m.

Yanks…

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 2, 2008, 5:13 p.m.

:lol:

Nice job trail dork!

July 2, 2008, 6:14 p.m.

LOL.

MTBR is great for a lot of things. Like humour.

That it is.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 2, 2008, 8:03 p.m.

haha

"Some guy had his dog off leash, and I was coming through a blind corner, the dog was just standing in the trail. I slammed on my brakes to scrub some speed, but there was no way I was gonna stop before it was too late. The dog would have been seriously injured or dead had I hit it, but due to some keen manuvering I made my way around by whipping my rear end to the right to avoid him, and my pedal almost hit his nose. I swear I felt his snout lightly brush my foot as well. I was going about 25mph after scrubbing some speed as I passed the dog."

they dont call it a BLIND corner for no reason.

July 2, 2008, 8:04 p.m.

I have seen some dog threads there get crazy…some people there really hate dogs…I just don't understand it.

July 2, 2008, 9:16 p.m.

lol mtbr.

I wish I had a trail doggy..

July 2, 2008, 10:39 p.m.

I have seen some dog threads there get crazy…some people there really hate dogs…I just don't understand it.

Dogs are great. Some of the owners on the other hand…

I love people letting their dogs off-leash the minute they hit the yellow gate. They start riding up refusing to acknowledge that their dog is dropping a big coiler. Takes all kinds I guess.

July 2, 2008, 10:52 p.m.

There's a major theme of canine paranoia on MTBR. That, and people constantly yapping about getting mugged for their bikes, or beating people up who try to steal their bikes, riding while packing a gun and other assorted Mad Max testosterone-induced fantasies. I swear, I live down here and have lived in…economically challenged areas both here (Seattle area) and down in south Florida in the early 90s and never had any of these problems. I was commuting through neighborhoods in Florida that, well, if someone's going to jack you for your bike it would be there. Once, some kids threw some weird, spikey tropical fruit thing at me and missed. You saw a dog on the trail and it ran after you? Did you think to stop and pat it? Offer it your hand? No, they're all stoked up about pepper-spraying them in one thread. Geez, we're not all like that, trust me.