Anyone know whats up with Oak st.??

April 8, 2004, 10:17 p.m.

I went by there today to check it out……..and basically, I've never seen it in such bad shape.

It was so good before the Outdoor show, now its practically not rideable at all. The second double in the middle set is flattened. And next to the Ummm, well, where the right set USED to be, there is a bunch of piles of Cow Dung :???:

I'm still blown away by how bad it really is.

Some one told me there was a trail day coming up??

April 8, 2004, 10:33 p.m.

basically this is the story.

There was only one rideable jump which was the first one of the left set. This is because some people decided the right set wasn't good enough so it needed to be made bigger. They stopped work about half way through, and it was abandoned for a few months because it was just so crappy. So about 2 weeks ago we finally got around to putting the right set back to normal, and for about a weekend the jumps were half decent. Then the city decides to do its bi-annual ditch filling, so they destroyed some jumps to fill the drainage. Also the dirt is really really really crappy at oak and it just falls apart this time of year anyways, so really oak is fucked until winter, even then working there is kinda futile.

and i'm as mystified about the pile of cow manure as you are. Although i am tempted to use someones pickup truck and take it to city hall :P

April 8, 2004, 11:11 p.m.

I like how the majority of people complain when the jumps arent good but never get off their asses and actually dig. This doenst apply to Rob and the kids who put in shitloads of time there, but the rest of the people. I know you get out and dig too Chris. Maybe my view is just a bit skewed from the island but who knows. It seems like it really is the dirt. Maybe try the sugar as mentioned in shore haha, its worth a shot. Its depressing watching the best place near my house fall apart while im away. I get back on the 17th and will be there digging until i go to moab on the 24th (ill start digging once i fix up my bike)

April 9, 2004, 8:29 a.m.

My guess with the cow dung is that they are going to spread that across the dirt patches that are now on the far right and the little patch on the left of the trees and maybe re-seed it.

April 9, 2004, 6:23 p.m.

Both jumps in the left set were fine last wednessday? chump hits no hander to nothing-clapper lines on it. if you wanna work on oak please do just dont take the one good gap and the berm gap away.

April 9, 2004, 6:28 p.m.

I was there today and it was still very fun:D

April 9, 2004, 10:53 p.m.

i that the norco crew ie darryl and dylan were there with pete and worked on them today

always cheap but never free
Tuff DVD 8$