Anyone here broken their arm?

July 8, 2006, 11:11 p.m.

How long till I can ride easy after the cast is removed?
How long till I can ride hard after the cast is removed?
Share your wisdom
Austin

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

July 9, 2006, 12:16 a.m.

I broke my arm, and it was rosscofat's fault. I was jumping chainless and he got lazy, didn't push hard enough, and i nose cased.

I think healing time depends on fracture. Just take it easy hopefully youll be good to go for Sept.

July 9, 2006, 12:27 a.m.

i've broken mine but it was ages ago when i was a kid and i barely remember.

fractured my wrist back in january of this year, which was actually worse. sucks to not be able to do stuff. just make sure you drink lots of water and vitamin C, calcium - basically just eat right and try to stay active.

July 9, 2006, 12:51 a.m.

I broke my arm, and it was rosscofat's fault. I was jumping chainless and he got lazy, didn't push hard enough, and i nose cased.

I think healing time depends on fracture. Just take it easy hopefully youll be good to go for Sept.

Bahaha:lol: I remember that.

July 9, 2006, 1:14 a.m.

i raced dh with the cast on…

it was week 6 of 8 so nearly over…

then cut it off a week early (after 7 of 8) and was riding and jumping everything i was 2 months prior… id done alot of activity with the cast on and didnt really lose much muscle… i had a plastic cast which i could take surfing and stuff…

having a broken arm (just a fracture of one of the big long bones in the forearm bit) didnt really affect things, apart from having alot of sympathy from the ladies!!! (a good thing)

so i guess it all depends what sorta brake it is… and how major..

July 9, 2006, 9:05 a.m.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Cove Peeler For Sale, cheap.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2717&cat=13

July 9, 2006, 4:47 p.m.

i borke my arm quite a while ago, when i was in kindergarden. i got in a fight with my older bro and he pushed me to the ground and stomped my arm. doctor/parents said i wasnt allowed to do anything, even though it was only a hairline fracture

July 9, 2006, 6:38 p.m.

Yeah I broke the same arm when I was like 4 years old. Me and my sister were playing "airplane" on the lawn and I did a bad landing.

Austin

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

July 9, 2006, 6:55 p.m.

i borke my arm doig dorps to falt

July 9, 2006, 10:25 p.m.

How long till I can ride easy after the cast is removed?
How long till I can ride hard after the cast is removed?
Share your wisdom
Austin

More info needed.

A compound spiral humerus may call for slightly different recommendations than a green stick ulna fracture.

I have an idea though - you could ask your doctor and then cut whatever he says in half.

July 10, 2006, 8:20 a.m.

you could ask your doctor and then cut whatever he says in half.

That would be your best bet

PP

July 10, 2006, 8:31 a.m.

^ Agreed after I broke my arm boarding… I only needed half the time to heal and get back on the board and the bike!

Sleep, water and milk!

Heal soon!

www.steedcycles.com

July 10, 2006, noon

I broke my arm on the top of grannies in '99. Nasty break: I tried pushing over a log and I stalled on top of it. I fell over, down the hill, landing with my leg in a stump. I jumped out of the stump, only to land - breakdance style - on my outstretched arm. The elbow bent - like it's supposed to - but in the WRONG DIRECTION.

It took two hours to walk out to the road. What a mess. It was a broken radial head not needing a cast or surgery.

The recovery was quick - like 8 weeks. I've pretty much quit the ramps and ladders thing - unless the ramps are super wide and easy.

July 10, 2006, 1:32 p.m.

I'm one month into a proximal multiple compound fracture of my ulna and it's sucking a lot more than when I broke my wrist and hand. The previous breaks were simple and I was back onthe bike in 2 months doing road rides, 3 months on trails. This one I think is going to take a lot longer because of both the complexity of the fracture, and the fact that the bone broke through the skin doing a lot of soft tissue damage on it's way out. I figure this time I'm out for 3-4 months before I am riding again.

July 10, 2006, 2:51 p.m.

More info needed.

A compound spiral humerus may call for slightly different recommendations than a green stick ulna fracture.

I have an idea though - you could ask your doctor and then cut whatever he says in half.

It's a distal radius fracture; the big bone of your forearm which is located inboard if you make your left thumb and index finger form an L…broke about 2 inches before the wrist joint.

It happened dirt jumping. On Saturday June 24 I went to the DJ's which had been totally re-done to be bigger and better, and I tried the first one and my front tire JUST clipped the top of the tranny…three inches less and I would have been totally owned! So I was ok. Then after work on Monday, I decided to go out and try it again, just with a little more speed. End result according to my friend:
"You went soooo high"
and "You went like mach 1 speed and got bucked hardcore"

and the day after

Austin