Any riding groups around the north shore?

June 15, 2017, 8:52 p.m.

Hey all!

I've been away from the sport for several years now, and after several relocations I've lost contact with all of the friends I used to ride with... (I mean, I still have friends, they just don't ride mtb lol). Last summer I picked up a new bike and have since been hit big-time with the biking bug... Going to the mountains almost every weekend has been fantastic! But I definitely miss having friends up there to share the ride with and who push my limits.

I'm a 29 year old intermediate rider (on a hardtail) who is decently fast on the trail, and I've been working on my abilities quite a lot this past year between the trails & bike park. For example, I can ride bobsled and expresso at Mt. Fromme well enough, but skip the big rock-roll on expresso (for now).

Does anyone know of any local groups around Vancouver, BC that host rides? I've been thinking about volunteering with a trail-building group locally to make connections that way... Any good ones you know of?

Anyways, am hoping some of you may be able to share your experiences getting out there and meeting new people through our shared love of the mtb.

June 15, 2017, 10:50 p.m.

You might find what you're looking for with NS Ride.

June 16, 2017, 9:06 a.m.

https://www.meetup.com/West-Coast-Mountain-Bike-Meetup/

June 16, 2017, 12:05 p.m.

Posted by: Cabana76

You might find what you're looking for with NS Ride.

Had a couple pm's suggesting NS Ride as well... Sounds like a pretty active group! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be looking into them