Any new MTB movies coming out anytime soon?

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:41 a.m.

Seems like a while since a new film from Anthill, Coastal Crew, etc. has come out - anything coming out soon? Been a while since I've added a new MTB movie to my iTunes.

Oct. 3, 2016, 1:23 p.m.

Freeride Ent. is coming out with one in the spring I think. Not sure if they are filming all new stuff or re-using footage from their old films. Anthill just did Not2Bad so I don't think they have any full-lengths coming out until at least 2018.

:japan:

Oct. 3, 2016, 2:15 p.m.

Not2Bad

Forgot about that one - worth purchasing?

Oct. 3, 2016, 7 p.m.

the internet killed the mtn film industry..

its a fact.

sadly people would rather just steal a downloaded rip then buy a copy n support the film makers.

so they stopped making em…

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:57 p.m.

the internet killed the mtn film industry..

its a fact.

sadly people would rather just steal a downloaded rip then buy a copy n support the film makers.

so they stopped making em…

Not really sure that is true. some of the most cinematic mountain bike movies have been released in the last couple years. Between Builder and Unreal someones putting some serious money into production. Both of which I bought on google play because it was easier than ever to buy and watch instantly.

Oct. 3, 2016, 9:15 p.m.

Waiting for the next big movie used to be a 'big thing', like waiting for the next Maiden album in the 1980's LOL etc… These days there's a million largely forgettable 'edits' that dilute the whole experience. Personally I missed the Sprung / Earthed days of Rob Warner strapping a hovercraft propeller to his back and find the whole 'cinematic' trend a bit cliched.

Or maybe I'm just old.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 3, 2016, 9:56 p.m.

I liked slice of British pie (it's on YouTube)

Oct. 3, 2016, 10:02 p.m.

I liked slice of British pie (it's on YouTube)

Yeah that was great! Just people messing about in the woods, which is what it's all about really.

https://dirtmountainbike.com/slice-british-pie

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 3, 2016, 10:06 p.m.

Waiting for the next big movie used to be a 'big thing', like waiting for the next Maiden album in the 1980's LOL etc… These days there's a million largely forgettable 'edits' that dilute the whole experience. Personally I missed the Sprung / Earthed days of Rob Warner strapping a hovercraft propeller to his back and find the whole 'cinematic' trend a bit cliched.

Or maybe I'm just old.

related in IFO's post in the tech sense but closer to the truth i think. because there is so much content available - much of it "free", something has to be really good for people to want to make an effort to purchase it or head out to a venue to watch it.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 3, 2016, 10:34 p.m.

Freeride Ent. is coming out with one in the spring I think. Not sure if they are filming all new stuff or re-using footage from their old films. Anthill just did Not2Bad so I don't think they have any full-lengths coming out until at least 2018.

I'll hedge my bets on this one. Freeride has brought some amazing segments. Then there was some parts that made me want to go hide under a rock.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

Oct. 4, 2016, 1:32 a.m.

Can anyone recommend a list of what movies I should watch from the last 3-4years? Lol
It's been awhile since I've seen any.
Thanks.

Ifo, I agree. Support our sport not rip off the people we share the same hobby with. We put our lives on the line for it, it's not some Hollywood crap.

superheros
I like bikes

Oct. 4, 2016, 7:16 a.m.

^dude i still got your movie..

all my films are legit copies.

in fact i should remember to throw "changing of the guard" in the DVD player tonite, in your honor sir…

:rave:

Oct. 13, 2016, 6:12 p.m.

Thanks to this thread I bought Builder on Amazon and watched tonight: a few really great segments in there (Kinrade's stands out). I actually prefer the digital delivery method to the old way, I would pay cash money for decent digital copies of NSX and Kranked series, Stripped, CKD, etc.

Oct. 13, 2016, 6:30 p.m.

Yeah that was great! Just people messing about in the woods, which is what it's all about really.

https://dirtmountainbike.com/slice-british-pie

Thanks for this, great flick. One of the few to actually motivate me to ride lately.

Oct. 14, 2016, 8:17 a.m.

The Redbull app has both Unreal and Builder on it.