Another mountain bike injury on Seymour?

April 16, 2016, 5:31 p.m.

Anyone know what happened today on Seymour? There were about 3 or 4 fire trucks and an ambulance near the Corkscrew trail head just up from the Mushroom lot today around 1:00 pm. If it was an injured rider, healing vibes go out to them.

Thread killer

April 16, 2016, 7:43 p.m.

I was over there did not see anything… Hoepfully they are ok..

April 16, 2016, 7:52 p.m.

I didn't see either, but we only pedaled up as far as Pingu.

April 16, 2016, 8:03 p.m.

As I was riding today I was shocked at how many people riding with out even knees pads much less elbows.. With my knee pads, elbows, and my bell super 2r with chinguard I felt very conspicuous.
Re chinguard I almost lost my front teeth last year in nasty crash , if I get hurt without chinguard on my wife is going to kill me…hence chinguard…

April 16, 2016, 9:59 p.m.

As I was riding today I was shocked at how many people riding with out even knees pads much less elbows.. With my knee pads, elbows, and my bell super 2r with chinguard I felt very conspicuous.
Re chinguard I almost lost my front teeth last year in nasty crash , if I get hurt without chinguard on my wife is going to kill me…hence chinguard…

It's like a seatbelt. Most times you don't need it…

April 16, 2016, 11:05 p.m.

A mountain biker was injured on Seymour today below the mushroom and had to be assisted at around 1 pm, according to someone who spoke with the responders. Don't know how bad it was …

April 18, 2016, 7:16 a.m.

Someone on Floppy Bunny yesterday apparently had a pretty serious injury.
Dunno to what extent.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

April 18, 2016, 9:59 a.m.

Someone on Floppy Bunny yesterday apparently had a pretty serious injury.
Dunno to what extent.

Looked like the rider crashed on the first step down before the tabletop. At least 5 people were with him and were calling EMS.

That landing is getting bit blown out. I can see how if you are not ready for it you could go over the bars.

I hope that they are OK and it's nothing too serious.

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

April 18, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Looked like the rider crashed on the first step down before the tabletop. At least 5 people were with him and were calling EMS.

That landing is getting bit blown out. I can see how if you are not ready for it you could go over the bars.

I hope that they are OK and it's nothing too serious.

I agree in hoping the rider is ok and that it is nothing too serious, it is never good when anyone gets a serious injury.

I do disagree with the saying the landing is getting blown out. It is smoother than it's been in ages. What is gone, at least at my riding ability, is the option to roll over it. You have to pick up the bike and set it back down at the same angle as the transition. Anyone that may have rode this stunt in the past and still thought it was roll-able would likely be in for a very nasty over the bars with a long way to fall before you hit.

Again, here's to hoping no one got hurt badly and those with the downed rider where just being careful and called EMS after someone took a bad fall.

April 18, 2016, 2:51 p.m.

Are you guys talking about the new drop?

April 18, 2016, 3:42 p.m.

I watched a very strong rider 'test ride' that drop and come in very nose heavy as he wasn't ready for the angle of the landing. He saved it, but said he expected that someone would get hurt on it.

April 18, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

So, it is the new drop. I personally love that new feature. It's the perfect height to practice drops for someone working up to something like that. It helped me progress to the larger one at the end of Neds.

Maybe the landing has eroded since I was last on it… The larger one on Boblsled has certainly got larger over the years.

April 18, 2016, 8:30 p.m.

So, it is the new drop. I personally love that new feature. It's the perfect height to practice drops for someone working up to something like that. It helped me progress to the larger one at the end of Neds.

Maybe the landing has eroded since I was last on it… The larger one on Boblsled has certainly got larger over the years.

This!

Nothing wrong with this feature or the landing. I hit it too fast the first couple times I got up the guts to try it but then I realized you really don't have to as long as you have your weight back. Riding drops 101 I suppose.

April 18, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

This!

Nothing wrong with this feature or the landing. I hit it too fast the first couple times I got up the guts to try it but then I realized you really don't have to as long as you have your weight back. Riding drops 101 I suppose.

Are you referring to the entrance drop, down the wood ramp and then drop to match the transition angle (bypass entrance is just prior to the trail sign).

Or are you referring to the drop about 150m in after the first kind of bermed left hand corner.

Neither are rolls, the entrance drop used to be rollable but is no longer.

FWIW my son has been wanting to drop the entrance, but I keep telling him no. He does get the second drop after the bermed corner

April 18, 2016, 9:17 p.m.

"Or are you referring to the drop about 150m in after the first kind of bermed left hand corner."
This one.

I always used to roll the entrance (love the new woodwork), but I'll have a good look at it next time I ride it. Thanks for the heads-up.