Another gravel path... Courtesy of MEC and NSMBA

April 25, 2013, 12:05 a.m.

But what makes its idiotic is not because someone is voicing their opinion or expressing a concern. It is the childish tone of entitlement that drips from it in every sentence. No one owes this dude anything - especially the trail builders - and he/she should get it hammered in the head.

yes, that i agree with.

I am, just like the OP, a non-contributing no body that just heads on these amazing trails and reaps the benefit of hour and hours of hard work volunteers have put in to make it possible. I am sure that every single one of these volunteers would have preferred to be riding their bike, rather than hours in the evenings and weekend breaking their back shoveling. I for one, just count my blessing and try to enjoy every second my wheels touch the golden gravel they pave.

not necessarily, a lot of people who, who do trail work on a regular basis do so because they want to and they have just as much fun building as they do riding. at least that's my experience with the people i know who have been builders.

Sure, if they came and directly asked my opinion, I might make a few suggestions. Or if I headed out to every trail day, then yes, I might express something. Otherwise, I keep my yap closed and encourage the other non-contributing parasites to do the same.

thoughtful sharing of opinions is never a bad thing, something i have been guilty of not doing in the past.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 25, 2013, 12:13 a.m.

My advice for OP?

Put up, or shut up. Get involved.

Seymore Mini Trail Day
Expresso Trail Day

Join NSMBA

April 25, 2013, 12:21 p.m.

And, ideally, the bridge of that skill gap is the trail between Hyannis and Sticks and Stones. :idea:

This is why you run the show while I stick to hauling buckets of dirt!

April 25, 2013, 1:38 p.m.

I cant resist.

hahahaha the shore.

diggin

April 25, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

I cant resist.

hahahaha the shore.

Haha, your just lucky you got hidden away Valley mtn's to work on..

still need to hit up heckyl and jeckyl

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 25, 2013, 2:51 p.m.

Seriously. You guys have no idea how much work apak and I put into this beauty.

Wrong. Always.

April 25, 2013, 3:44 p.m.

great place for an A frame

April 25, 2013, 4:06 p.m.

Those puddles will totally destroy the flow.

Pastor of Muppets

April 25, 2013, 4:25 p.m.

I took my wife on a nice ride yesterday and she actually loved it for once. We rode Bridle path and when we hit Cardiac Bypass she was loving it, nice flow and dirt. Someone has done amazing work in there because usualy she just hate all the rooty stuff. We also loved riding Slippery salamander, its an awesome stretch and once again, super fun flow. I was never loving x-country on the shore due to little to no flow and massive errosion. This once session made us both fall back in love with riding the shore and intend on going back soon.

She said she'd :banana:

April 25, 2013, 5:04 p.m.

I took my wife on a nice ride yesterday and she actually loved it for once. We rode Bridle path and when we hit Cardiac Bypass she was loving it, nice flow and dirt. Someone has done amazing work in there because usualy she just hate all the rooty stuff. We also loved riding Slippery salamander, its an awesome stretch and once again, super fun flow. I was never loving x-country on the shore due to little to no flow and massive errosion. This once session made us both fall back in love with riding the shore and intend on going back soon.

She said she'd :banana:

Your compliments are not welcome here!.. ;)

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 25, 2013, 6:05 p.m.

Now, That, is a sweet line!

Good points on both sides of this debate.
I agree with a lot on both sides.

TEAM CRAFTY

April 25, 2013, 7:18 p.m.

Nice to know the NSMBA isn't totally clueless in realizing how useless these boards are

its greatest use is the entertainment it provides with the bitches bitching

best is the syncrosprew. gawd. give it up already. You are like a traffic accident we just can't keep our eyes off of

April 25, 2013, 10:05 p.m.

Nice to know the NSMBA isn't totally clueless in realizing how useless these boards are

its greatest use is the entertainment it provides with the bitches bitching

best is the syncrosprew. gawd. give it up already. You are like a traffic accident we just can't keep our eyes off of

everything must grand where you are with your head buried in the sand.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 25, 2013, 11:20 p.m.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2013-04_boogieman-trail-day-april-27th

I will be out working on the trails.. You want Knarrrrrrrr Boogieman has knar so come do some work. Put your shovel where your mouth is.

April 25, 2013, 11:32 p.m.

Gnar.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.