Another gravel path... Courtesy of MEC and NSMBA

April 23, 2013, 10:52 p.m.

i really beleive that a lot of trail problems would be solved by having better eduated riders on the trails.

But this will never happen. Better that trails are designed to account for this from the get-go. That is, if they want to stay all buff and goldy and smooth.

The old-school stuff is a whole other ball of wax…

April 23, 2013, 11:35 p.m.

…dumbing down the shore since…
…great t-shirt…

Available now at Dizzy Cycles! Proceeds go towards further dumbing down the shore! (ie: paying for trail days to happen).

Ride, don't slide.

April 24, 2013, 12:37 a.m.

I really hate riding over logs. It's the ultimate anti-flow move. I say cut them out and berm the shit out of everything.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

April 24, 2013, 3:10 a.m.

Stop the whining and try to be less of an entitled little drama queen. Were you there help build the trail in the first place? Were you there helping NSMB volunteers restore it? Or were you riding it, enjoying it, and then decided to come bitch about something you have contributed nothing to?

News flash, you aren't entitled to having the trails the way you want them.

Another news flash, the entire North Shore is defined by an overabundance of technical gnarly shit. Are you too lazy to haul your ass half a km up or down to find them? To complain about obstacles being removed on a few sections here and there on Bridle and calling it "dumbing down of the Shore" is pure non sense.

Last news flash, all the trails originally started as dumbed down. With every winter passing, they go up in gnarl a notch. These mountains are so rugged that they can't be dumbed down.

:bandit:

April 24, 2013, 5:15 a.m.

Directional signs on an XC trail?

Seriously?

You people are fucked. What's next,no stopping signs,speed limits, maybe a billboard here and there?

Pastor of Muppets

April 24, 2013, 6:25 a.m.

the greasy fingers of "shore" past reaching out from beyond the grave to say please don't forget us.

yikes!

April 24, 2013, 6:50 a.m.

I believe a Mr Simmons has a standing offer to join anyone for a ride to discuss this "dumbing down" the shore trails issue.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 24, 2013, 7:03 a.m.

uh oh…

April 24, 2013, 7:52 a.m.

Stop the whining and try to be less of an entitled little drama queen. Were you there help build the trail in the first place? Were you there helping NSMB volunteers restore it? Or were you riding it, enjoying it, and then decided to come bitch about something you have contributed nothing to?

News flash, you aren't entitled to having the trails the way you want them.

Another news flash, the entire North Shore is defined by an overabundance of technical gnarly shit. Are you too lazy to haul your ass half a km up or down to find them? To complain about obstacles being removed on a few sections here and there on Bridle and calling it "dumbing down of the Shore" is pure non sense.

Last news flash, all the trails originally started as dumbed down. With every winter passing, they go up in gnarl a notch. These mountains are so rugged that they can't be dumbed down.

This and well said. I'm not the best reader, but it wasn't tuff to figure out the signs. Again, its a Beginner xc trail.

Master of Puppets

April 24, 2013, 8:28 a.m.

I would still LOVE to hear from the people who did the work and why they felt chopping the bypass was important.

If you were truly interested in this information, you’d contact nsmba. If you want a fast response and you’ve been skiing all winter, I’d buy a membership and/or donate to the trail fund. They’re bound to take you seriously.

I am yet to meet one person who has said they appreciated the removal of 100% of the obstacles on the bypass.

I fully appreciate this work. So much so that I stopped mid ride in February to help the trailbuilder gold that shit up;-) Further, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen the said trailbuilder (responsible for a shit load of work in that area) moving dirt, rain or shine.

I endorse your right to discuss a North Shore trail in a North Shore mountain biking forum without harassment. That said, the work has been in place for months and ridden by hundreds of satisfied users during that time. If you're not digging or donating, you're pretty much limited to bitching about it on the internet.

April 24, 2013, 9:03 a.m.

http://www.nsmb.com/expresso-trail-day/

Will the OP show up?

:canada:

April 24, 2013, 9:14 a.m.

Will the real OP please show up, please show up…..(to the tune of Eminem) lolz.

Hi JR. Come to Squamish and play with me, the trails here have been dumbed down from the start, part of why I moved here!

Getting old, but never as old as Chimonez, Tippie, McCam, and the Rig.

ahahhaa

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

April 24, 2013, 9:17 a.m.

[sarcasm] oh noes! the poor roots! [/sarcasm]

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 24, 2013, 9:29 a.m.

rootsshudderunless its root beer im afraid…

April 24, 2013, 10:11 a.m.

People really dont like change do they!? I dont necessarily like every single change that has been made on the Shore, but I sure as hell appreciate/respect the over all vision that is going on. I personally prefer riding technical slow trails, (I think a lot of people loose sight though on the difference between techy gnar and eroded chunder.)
I appreciate and generally approve of the work that has been done, and am definitely doing the best I can to be a part of it.

Its not 10-15 years ago and the ridership has increased, and more riders = more trail abuse, but it also means that industry wise we get more advancements, better bikes, cheaper parts, more choices and a hell of a lot of positives.

I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ve been on walkthroughs with two different land managers and found them both to be reasonable. Sure they have their guidelines but they really do want to work with us.

I do believe everyone is entitled to an opinion (including the OP) Personally I put my value and have more time for the opinion of someone who has done trail work and maintenance. To start with, they have more of an appreciation for how much time and effort goes into building a trail, and then more time and effort into maintaining it through all the riding (and abuse) it receives.

So to the OP, if you can[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t make it out to Jerrys trail day (maybe your not into DH, more of an XCer etc) then maybe you can come along and be led by a girl on my next trail day on Richard Juryn (May 19th). Firstly I will take you for a walk to where I took that photo of an actual gravel path (which is part of the RJ trail system) then we can go clean up some horrendous mud bogs and gasp horror lay some gold ;)

Some of the work we did last weekend:

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding