Another coyote warning on Richard Juryn trails

May 8, 2009, 9:49 a.m.

Ever thought of tossing some rocks?

If you allow the coyote to follow unchecked it is asserting dominance on you and your dog. To keep the coyote in check you need to ensure it fears you. A handful of stones will work wonders.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

May 8, 2009, 9:57 a.m.

If you allow the coyote to follow unchecked it is asserting dominance on you and your dog. To keep the coyote in check you need to ensure it fears you. A handful of stones will work wonders.

that also happens to be the same method Lady G uses to keep Heatmizer in check.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 8, 2009, 9:58 a.m.

that also happens to be the same method Lady G uses to keep Heatmizer in check.

if by rocks you mean restraining order…

May 8, 2009, 10:15 a.m.

if by rocks you mean restraining order…

and by in check you mean 100yards.

May 8, 2009, 11:14 a.m.

leave them coyotes alone

May 8, 2009, 11:56 a.m.

just an update. No bunnies were taken down by coyotes last night but while chit chatting at the end of our ride, the coyote howls were a little nerve racking. We live close by and I have never heard them before now. They were loud and close by.

I did warn a couple of dog walkers.

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

May 8, 2009, 12:45 p.m.

Basic dog psychology a la Point Break:

"If you show fear, they will attack. If you show them fear, they will piss down their leg and run".

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 8, 2009, 1:48 p.m.

leave them coyotes alone

what if them will-e's do not want to be left alone?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

May 10, 2009, 2:43 p.m.

It's all good coyote tastes great fried or baked mmmmmmm……

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

May 10, 2009, 8:58 p.m.

We have Coyote packs here.
Pffft…sure, they can be deadly in their element. But it'll be the day sun shines out my ass that me and my dogs don't turn THEM into prey if we see one or even all of them.
I take my dogs out all the time on walks into coyote areas…we hear them…they taunt from a distance…but like most predators, they wait for weaker prey.