Alpine Ride on the Shore

Aug. 30, 2009, 9:17 a.m.

More concerned for Dave. And pointing out that it's not alpine. I'm pretty sure that riding up there is frowned upon. The times I have ridden that - the Grouse people have been pretty bunchy - I mean downright feisty - I mean they didin't want us there and it was on their property - so we had to jet pretty quickly before we heard things like "trespassing" and "get the f''' out".

So posting evidince of riding it on line with your name attatched, could be counterproductive to the whole sponsorship thing. What I mean is it could be construed as bad P.R. It could invite real reprisal.

If I go ride that today, and go do some loops around the horse drawn carriage tours and rip the little gravel trails around the chalet and stuff, I'll just say I saw them riding around Grouse on an Advil add. It must be O.K.

You gotta think of the lemmings man. They'll drag you down Dave.

www.northshorebillet.com

Aug. 30, 2009, 9:55 a.m.

I may be on crack (as I've been out of the loop for a while) but dosen't a large section of that trail go through a preservation area?

Also, skyline hike? that's the inverted mohawk right? (cool hike, old wooden charilift parts lying around and there used to be cabins off in the bush).

alright!!!

Aug. 30, 2009, 6:36 p.m.

All I can say is tap the engine with your foot to pay respect to the fallen pilot, if you ever drag your carcass up there.This is tradition.Watch out for hikers.

Aug. 30, 2009, 9:15 p.m.

More concerned for Dave. And pointing out that it's not alpine. I'm pretty sure that riding up there is frowned upon. The times I have ridden that - the Grouse people have been pretty bunchy - I mean downright feisty - I mean they didin't want us there and it was on their property - so we had to jet pretty quickly before we heard things like "trespassing" and "get the f''' out".

So posting evidince of riding it on line with your name attatched, could be counterproductive to the whole sponsorship thing. What I mean is it could be construed as bad P.R. It could invite real reprisal.

If I go ride that today, and go do some loops around the horse drawn carriage tours and rip the little gravel trails around the chalet and stuff, I'll just say I saw them riding around Grouse on an Advil add. It must be O.K.

You gotta think of the lemmings man. They'll drag you down Dave.

yeah there's a big No Trespassing sign on the road. or so I've heard.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 30, 2009, 10 p.m.

yeah there's a big No Trespassing sign on the road. or so I've heard.

Yes, I've heard about this sign being there:

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 30, 2009, 11:39 p.m.

"Area man, once sponsored by various pharmaceutical, sport, and other companies, has found himself reeling after all but one of his supporters cancelled their contracts with him. Rumours found on various sporting web sites, which the man had used as viral advertising and marketing vehicles, suggest the contracts were torn up after the man filmed himself bicycling on illegal trails."

Aug. 31, 2009, 11:47 a.m.

This one is tough to get to and tough to find.

This trail is in the DNV "limited Mountain Recreation Zone" classified as a hiking trail. But considering the DNV hasn't been too quick to get this info out who would know what its classified as?

Some history:

" Hopefully this lengthy post can shed some more light on the jet crash mentioned above. The plane was a Sabre-86 flying out of McChord AFB near Tacoma Wash. Investigators believe that the pilot Lamar J. Barlow, 25, thought he was over Tacoma when he eased through a murky overcast and slammed his fully armed Sabre jet into the 2700 ft. level of Grouse Mt. on Feb.12,1954. The plane carried cannon-type rockets which had to be defused or exploded so the sight was kept under strict security
The head investigator reported that the pilot

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 4, 2009, 8:04 p.m.

2 minutes 12 seconds of my life I will never get back again.

Sept. 4, 2009, 9:44 p.m.

Norona threads tend to make one think like that sometimes!

Sept. 5, 2009, 6:14 a.m.

You would have wasted it anyway.