Adios Aftertaste

Jan. 31, 2013, 11:39 p.m.

live trees were cut down in an effort to stop people riding hoodlums, quite a few actually

Feb. 1, 2013, 2:44 a.m.

The amount of "our trail got torn down" on nsmb is a little out of hand. My once favorite set of jumps got completely destroyed when the US government decided that that half of the park would be a wonderful place to build a prison. But you know what happened? I discovered new things I possibly would have never found otherwise! Sometimes you have to take a step back, take it for what it is, and move on. Go sit down with a map some evening and look for long descents accessed by forest road (yes this works), try some new trails, or ride some urban. Whatever floats your boat. Honestly I think this is part of what keeps biking interesting. You'd be surprised what you can find. Even mountain bike guide books can have awesome AM/DH rides hidden in them. Once I found 8 miles of shuttleable single track that dropped 3,000 ft off of a ridge in a XC guide book… They just recomended you ride it the opposite direction haha

:bandit:
10 ?

Feb. 1, 2013, 8:40 a.m.

You must not like riding on Seymour:rolleyes:

I agree. People don't seem to understand that NSMBA has worked hard to establish a relationship with landowners, and that the actions of a few selfish people can jeopardise that work. It totally sucks that Aftertaste is closed, but constantly re-opening it isn't going to benefit us in the long run.

Feb. 1, 2013, 5:12 p.m.

People don't seem to understand that NSMBA has worked hard to establish a relationship with landowners,

Obviously THAT relationship is working out great…

think is time for bikers to start taking matters into their own hands.

war of the woods on seymour!

Feb. 1, 2013, 5:15 p.m.

But trailfairy thinks we should all hold hands and sing together and get along with land "managers" like the NSMBA says. The land " managers" and the NSMBA know what's best for us and we should all be ever so grateful for them. We would be lost little fairies if it wasn't for their great leadership looking down on us poor fairies.

Lee Lau

Feb. 12, 2013, 7:43 p.m.

Trolls still running wild in here I see.

Yes it's annoying having to deal with the seemingly fickle and obtuse landowners. NSMBA does as good a job of that as most any of us could, I think. If you don't trust their judgement, get on board and explain why your method would be better. Going around them is an idiot move, no matter who you are.

Without having an organized association actively working to improve relations, I'm sure we'd lose a lot more of our shore heritage.

Feb. 13, 2013, 3:31 p.m.

Yes it's annoying having to deal with the seemingly fickle and obtuse landowners. NSMBA does as good a job of that as most any of us could, I think. If you don't trust their judgement, get on board and explain why your method would be better. Going around them is an idiot move, no matter who you are.

Without having an organized association actively working to improve relations, I'm sure we'd lose a lot more of our shore heritage.

When the landowners aren't respecting the organization it might be time for each rider who gives a shit to let them know that they give a shit and they should listen to the organization or they will have to field hundreds of calls when they pull a bone head move.

LSCR staff at [email protected] or 604.432.6200.

Feb. 13, 2013, 9:42 p.m.

This is pretty lame. At least I got to nail the rock rolls before this happened. So there are literally trees strewn over the entire trail?

Feb. 13, 2013, 10:55 p.m.

normally i'd agree with you, but the landowner altered the trail without consulting with the NSMBA. given all the time and effort that the NSMBA has put into working with the landowners, it's pretty insulting. IMO.

Feb. 13, 2013, 11:23 p.m.

normally i'd agree with you, but the landowner altered the trail without consulting with the NSMBA. given all the time and effort that the NSMBA has put into working with the landowners, it's pretty insulting. IMO.

I'm pretty sure that trail isn't covered on the nsmba trail map, aka illegal..

Clunking is for retards.

Feb. 14, 2013, 7:39 a.m.

I'm pretty sure that trail isn't covered on the nsmba trail map, aka illegal..

well it's in sharon and wade's book

Feb. 14, 2013, 7:39 a.m.

every time a paper pushing pud pulling pontificating politician ponders purging pathways in a backroom deal and you let the system take care of everything for you you will lose the freedoms you love.
this country was founded on civil disobedience. the fat old people lining their pockets at the top don't give a Hersheys kiss sized crap about your recreational problems, they only care about their immediate itinerary.

Feb. 14, 2013, 11:49 a.m.

The North shore scene was created out of intense passion for riding and generous dose of civil disobedience. There has never been a motive of capital gain.
This trail is on Crown land. We all own that land.
LSCR values money. Riders value freedom.
Conflict of interest.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Feb. 14, 2013, 2:17 p.m.

My suggestion that no one will listen to

Let it rest, wait a few years then slowly bring her back to life on the downlow.

Feb. 14, 2013, 2:22 p.m.

This trail is on Crown land. We all own that land.

Everytime someone says "we own the land" they seem to forget that also includes all the people that don't ride, don't think mtb is a good thing, people that are responsible for the liability issues, etc, etc, etc.

who do you think there are more of?

Now decide that your civil disobedience is the way to go and put a worse name on a fringe sport and see how much say you'll have on "our land". There are people (nsmba) working hard to be a legitimate stakeholder in "our land". Civil disobedience amongst ridership just weakens their stance.