Adios Aftertaste

Dec. 18, 2012, 3:52 p.m.

i seldom come on the nsmb forums to read and I have sat quietly while people have posted many odd things that i almost care about. but this is important.

the chainsaw massacre of cypress was a similar indecent.that trail was completely decimated, and a kind soul went up and made it natural. theses kind souls are another mans rogue builder. all of the trails that we enjoy today started as rogue trails, some have gained acceptance some have not. the amount of acceptance has a direct correlation to the traffic it receives and the traffic is directly responsible for the condition of the the trails.
the rogue builders are important to the continued enjoyment of our sport because they direct traffic away from the popular routes. just as tap and the nsmba are important for legitimizing our sport and the building on the shore. every system requires a yin and yang.

what a system doesn't require is whining, if you see something you don't like in mountain biking and in life get off your ass and do something about it. through legitimate channels or otherwise.
and to all the rogue builders i say .
thank you for the shore!
Dave

Thanks Dave!!
I better get off my ass and do something. ;)

TEAM CRAFTY

Dec. 18, 2012, 6:02 p.m.

^^^

PhD candidate? :rolleyes:

Kn.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 19, 2012, 12:04 p.m.

i seldom come on the nsmb forums to read and I have sat quietly while people have posted many odd things that i almost care about. but this is important.

the chainsaw massacre of cypress was a similar indecent.that trail was completely decimated, and a kind soul went up and made it natural. theses kind souls are another mans rogue builder. all of the trails that we enjoy today started as rogue trails, some have gained acceptance some have not. the amount of acceptance has a direct correlation to the traffic it receives and the traffic is directly responsible for the condition of the the trails.
the rogue builders are important to the continued enjoyment of our sport because they direct traffic away from the popular routes. just as tap and the nsmba are important for legitimizing our sport and the building on the shore. every system requires a yin and yang.

what a system doesn't require is whining, if you see something you don't like in mountain biking and in life get off your ass and do something about it. through legitimate channels or otherwise.
and to all the rogue builders i say .
thank you for the shore!
Dave

The chainsaw massacre of cypress was similar, in the fact that everything was illegal and almost all of it was a huge liability concern. Aftertaste was never a legal trail.

What we don't need right now is the 10 year old mentality that someone should open a closed trail just because they can. Many people have worked hard to make solid trails a viable option on the shore through proper organization. Considering there are 50 other trails to ride, I find this kind of selfish and childish at the same time.

Aftertaste has already been destroyed once before this, you figure people would get the picture.

Yes I've built rogue trails when younger, and yes I have been a NSMBA member in the past. Ying yang you say?

Yes everything was built rogue in a time when mountain biking wasn't even a sport yet. Sorry but times have changed.

Clunking is for retards.

Dec. 19, 2012, 12:29 p.m.

^^^

PhD candidate? :rolleyes:

Kn.

I'm not sure if this is laziness, or pedantry, but you don't add anything to the board making insulting comments like this. If you have something constructive to say regarding the content of a post, please do so. Otherwise, take your juvenile insults back to the playground. Your internet bullying is pathetic.

Bicycles!

Dec. 19, 2012, 1:20 p.m.

If we piss off the owners, then we could lose everything, and that's not good either.

How? Pouring limited resources into destroying something that has immense value to your constituency sounds like political suicide.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 30, 2013, 5:14 p.m.

The folks at Metro have been at it again making the woods safe. Walking Aftertaste with your dog is now barely possible below the big log ride. Lots of trees cut down in the bluff sections and piled across the trail. How would we survive without them looking out for our safety.

Jan. 30, 2013, 6:02 p.m.

I sure hope they didn't cut down live trees.

:canada:

Jan. 30, 2013, 6:24 p.m.

Rode by on Hyannis today on the way to Bottletop and saw there was debris all over the bottom section.

flickr

Jan. 30, 2013, 6:27 p.m.

Of course not,they're protecting the forest. :rolleyes:

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 30, 2013, 7:11 p.m.

nope, I won't be volunteering to work on Metro trails now that they have their own trail crew…

Jan. 30, 2013, 7:21 p.m.

Doesn't matter as long as they aren't native. Works on Fromme, so why not Seymour.

Jan. 30, 2013, 7:57 p.m.

i guess that's it, they win there is no way any one could possibly open it again.
Dave

Jan. 31, 2013, 9:42 a.m.

Doesn't matter as long as they aren't native. Works on Fromme, so why not Seymour.

There are no invasive tree species in this area

nothing that is going to actually establish in a cwh forest anyways

Jan. 31, 2013, 9:13 p.m.

can't wait til someone steps up and re-opens it. a few guys with saws who know what they're doing and it ain't no thing.

Jan. 31, 2013, 9:34 p.m.

can't wait til someone steps up and re-opens it. a few guys with saws who know what they're doing and it ain't no thing.

You must not like riding on Seymour:rolleyes:

Clunking is for retards.