A little inspiration with a dose of reality check

April 4, 2012, 10:39 a.m.

That was a great story; thanks for posting. I'm sure the video only captures a fraction of the struggles he's been through. Very inspirational to see him go through that with such a great attitude and positivity. Definitely makes me think about my family, which I always try to do when I'm out riding now.

April 5, 2012, 8:58 a.m.

Very inspirational story. When I think about these things, I am amazed I'm not dead or worse
a hundred times over.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

April 5, 2012, 10:49 a.m.

I hate seeing stuff like that, had a really hard time watching it. Happy he's back on his feet! Make you think that's for sure.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 5, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

BTW that deserves a front page.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 5, 2012, 3:06 p.m.

Looking at my feet and thinking of all the tings we take for granted.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

April 6, 2012, 8:08 p.m.

i agree.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

April 7, 2012, 2:12 p.m.

Given his resolve to get where he has in such a relatively short period of time, I would think he will continue to recover. It would be cool if someone from NSMB could do a short interview with David to follow up in a couple of months.

April 8, 2012, 11:13 a.m.

I have 2 young sons and been toning down my riding to the ridicule of my riding buddies. After watching your video it reinforced my view of how much I enjoy getting out on into the woods and the importance of returning home safe to the family.
Thanks

April 8, 2012, 2:20 p.m.

That is a great post - thank you for sharing.

Seeing the care givers help a fellow rider walk again makes me realize who's really doing an important job.

April 8, 2012, 3:58 p.m.

I have 2 young sons and been toning down my riding to the ridicule of my riding buddies. After watching your video it reinforced my view of how much I enjoy getting out on into the woods and the importance of returning home safe to the family.
Thanks

I'm somewhat in the same boat, a 3yr old boy, and a 1yr old girl at home. After having 2 major injuries in the past few years (2 compression fractures in my back and destroying my knee); I've toned down my riding. I want to be able to enjoy riding with my family, and even if it takes a bit of ridicule from friends, I'll continue to keep things toned down; because my family is what matters.

Very inspirational video. Also helps justify my Leatt purchase this year.

My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch. :scream:

April 8, 2012, 8:21 p.m.

I haven't watched this yet, and I'm not sure I can. I've known Dave and his family for more than 25 years (small world down in Deep Cove). I can say that he is one of the chillest nicest guys I've known, and his mum Maggie, brother Dan and the rest of his family are so down to earth and such great people that he is a lucky man to have them help him through this time. Love to you Dave! Sarah Fenton.

April 9, 2012, 9:50 a.m.

Awesome video - thanks for sharing. Watch it! Way to go Dave - truly inspirational.

April 9, 2012, 5:35 p.m.

WOW great job brother on your recovery!!!!
I think if you ride long enough we all have a near miss at one point or another. I know I have had mine and seen my friends have thiers. It scares me as I get older and a little more brittle but it inspires me that there are people out there who have courage and passion to overcome such a thing. I wish you and your family all the best !!!