a good read....

Oct. 28, 2014, 4:52 p.m.

I'd take a fast flawless run through Bookwus over a KOM run on new Espresso any day.

What is wrong with enjoying both?

All to often this discussion gets framed in an either one or the other situation.

Oct. 28, 2014, 5:10 p.m.

All to often this discussion gets framed in an either one or the other situation.

This!

Oct. 28, 2014, 5:53 p.m.

pick a side, and be a dick about it already, Shirk…..

Oct. 28, 2014, 5:56 p.m.

I actually really miss dorps to falt…..not

lee lau pick ripped from PB

Oct. 28, 2014, 6:21 p.m.

pick a side, and be a dick about it already, Shirk…..

lol - that made me smile.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 28, 2014, 6:21 p.m.

I actually really miss dorps to falt…..not

lee lau pick ripped from PB

there's no way that's lee, that guy looks way to young to be him.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 28, 2014, 6:25 p.m.

yeah, which is the whole point of the article i linked to - enjoying both.

for me, i would like a 70/30 mix of old/new school type trails.
but i also recognize that this is not the mix that works for everyone.
to that end, a cohesive plan that lays out what the mix aims and how that could be achieved would be nice.

Ellen Langer

Oct. 28, 2014, 6:51 p.m.

there's no way that's lee, that guy looks way to young to be him.

That's Harookz!

Oct. 28, 2014, 6:56 p.m.

I don't miss skinnies, or drops to flat, or picking my rear wheel up to hop it around corners that are too tight to actually turn around, or extremely steep rolldowns into immediate 90 degree turns, or any of that kind of stuff.

BUT if we didn't have that kind of riding in the past years the sport wouldn't be where it is today, so….. respect. Different strokes.

Oct. 28, 2014, 8:49 p.m.

a cohesive plan that lays out what the mix aims and how that could be achieved would be nice.

And there in lies the issue. With a clear plan then, assuming it's balanced, many peoples concerns could be alleviated. IMO: Create all the new trails of new school smooth you want but don't change the old trails to new school smooth. Simple.

Oct. 28, 2014, 9:05 p.m.

And there in lies the issue. With a clear plan then, assuming it's balanced, many peoples concerns could be alleviated. IMO: Create all the new trails of new school smooth you want but don't change the old trails to new school smooth. Simple.

Could not agree more! Rode expresso last week for the first time since it was changed. Don't get me wrong it's good but it's just not the same as the old one. So many trails seem to go through this. The shore has been going through a major facelift and that's good but let's try not to loose the soul.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 28, 2014, 9:16 p.m.

Could not agree more! Rode expresso last week for the first time since it was changed. Don't get me wrong it's good but it's just not the same as the old one. So many trails seem to go through this. The shore has been going through a major facelift and that's good but let's try not to loose the soul.

The old line on Expresso is still good to go. A few rungs missing on some of the wood work is all. Rode it just the other week and only the last little bit at the end is decommissioned.

Nice long properly built skinnies are in my dreams at the moment.

Oct. 28, 2014, 10:15 p.m.

People have souls not trails. It's these same people that are the ones putting the time into fixing them. When you are the one fixing them then you can have a say how they are fixed/maintained. I've got dirt to be moved and wood to be carried, I always have a open invitation.

I don't generally post at all anymore because it's been the same topic on rewind. We all want different trails. On the Shore we have that, end of discussion…..

Oct. 28, 2014, 10:18 p.m.

I'd take a fast flawless run through Bookwus over a KOM run on new Espresso any day.

Who built Bookwus and New Expresso? Digger, Not you…..

Who cares what you ride, that is up to you. If everyone put as much effort into building as talking about maintaining then maybe "we" would still have these trails to ride. Until then enjoy what you have because trails don't work on themselves.

Oct. 28, 2014, 10:28 p.m.

I'm hardly a regular builder but I've only worked on new school trails on Fromme in recent times (Expresso and Skid Mark Re-route) unless I stop and help someone while riding, yet since building my new hardtail I've pretty well only hit the old stuff. Parts of Digger, Crippler, old versions of Executioner etc. It's all good :) Trails remind me of music. There's such variety, yet some people just want to listen to Nickelback….Open your minds!

treezz
wow you are a ass