A Blast from the past! oldschool represent yo!

April 24, 2006, 9:15 p.m.

hmm…soo….i thought id come back and post a thread in a forum which i learnt so so much from. From the time i got my first $800 hardtail with RST to last year when i finally built my dream bike, DH Spec LeToy3.

Not sure who still uses this forum from the 3 or 4 years ago when I used to browse the forum more then a drunk abusing passers by, but im sure some of you should remember me :)

Ok so here is what happened to me….I like to think i got too busy and social life [HTML_REMOVED] work taken over. But honestly, i think its all the drinking, clubbing, partying, etc. ive got into (and work of course :) ) which has put a halt to the fun and addreneline kicks id get on the bike :( I regret stopping riding, still have the Letoy though, will NEVER sell my baby.

The couple of times i have made it out to the tracks where i used to be every weekend and every chance i got to skip school to ride….it was strange. Since i havnt been riding, no one reconises you and says 'hey dan whats up', you are now just some guy who wasnt considered a 'local' anymore. Tracks have changed, now littered with ruts, holes, and big jaggered rocks sticking up through the dusty dirt from all the new kids havin balls of fun as i used to.

I now cannot rail that gnarly rock garden on the HT, i cannot do that 30foot gap followed by the off camber left hander….it feels like i have to completely re-gain my skills again. Kids as young as 15 are now beating me when im now in my 20's…..which isnt a good feeling LOL

Okay so your thinkin WTF is this guy on about….just came back to say Hi to any of the guys who used to browse NSMB back in the day….and to let all of you know DONT STOP RIDING. You may 'give it a break' to make time for more important things in life, but keep riding at any chance you get….at least keep the feel for the bike and skills there…..i know ive lost it, although very keen to get back out there, just got to battle these sunday morning hangovers haha….

will be wasting money on cars and drift now, although ill NEVER sell the bike :)

come on, where are all you oldschoolers….trying to remember some of you…

Peace out… ;)

ps. whats new since a year or so ago? new bikes, new develompent in frame design/forks, etc.????

IM BACK!!!!!
Letoy3, Sherman Sliders, CK Steelset headset, profile cranks, protaper bars, blackspire chaindevice, mag30's….etc, etc.

April 24, 2006, 9:23 p.m.

A true test for oldschool will be who was around for the old forum (pre-november 02)

IM BACK!!!!!
Letoy3, Sherman Sliders, CK Steelset headset, profile cranks, protaper bars, blackspire chaindevice, mag30's….etc, etc.

April 24, 2006, 9:25 p.m.

why would I stop?

April 24, 2006, 9:27 p.m.

thats what i used to think once :lol:

IM BACK!!!!!

April 24, 2006, 10:37 p.m.

Haha…yeah..that life gets old…the bike will always be there and will welcome you with open arms once you see the light. :D

April 24, 2006, 10:43 p.m.

:lol: I remember ya Dan….I had a Toy as well, rad bikes!

April 24, 2006, 10:49 p.m.

I remember you a bit. Cool that you're still riding. I don't ride nearly as much anymore, and I know the feeling about all the young groms that you don't know/know you.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

April 24, 2006, 10:59 p.m.

^^ well im not really still riding, but keen to get back into it. i remember some of you more now lol….

saw ross' post count before :O lol he is still goin hard i see.

any other regular australians on here? i remember there was me, and 2 other regular aussies on this forum a while ago

IM BACK!!!!!

April 24, 2006, 11:06 p.m.

:lol: I remember ya Dan….I had a Toy as well, rad bikes!

got a pic of your Toy? i cant remember it….?? sorry man lol

heres mine, spent a bucket load on it just before i stopped riding so much, sort of dissapointing. nothing i want to upgrade on it at all though which is good. except the Deore hydro on the rear. but it locks up easy enough anyway so im not complaining.

now that pic makes me wanna get out and ride the bitch!

IM BACK!!!!!

April 24, 2006, 11:45 p.m.

ps. whats new since a year or so ago? new bikes, new develompent in frame design/forks, etc.????

bmx

http://chuuchbeeasy.blogspot.com/

April 24, 2006, 11:58 p.m.

I remember you. Although, you will remember me as a different name;).

April 25, 2006, 2:54 a.m.

^^^which was…??????…..

IM BACK!!!!!

April 25, 2006, 3:23 a.m.

im australian but im newish here, where abouts you from?

nice bike!

Big up all the JUNGLISTS in the place! BO!

April 25, 2006, 7:46 p.m.

Adelaide, South Oz

IM BACK!!!!!

April 25, 2006, 9:01 p.m.

ah thats right

there used to be a feew of us aussies on the board… now they are a scarce species…

im still around… and remember the old board… mst be nearly 5 years since i joined nsmb… (june 01 maybe??? i cant remember) :S