500 laps 5 different (Seymour) trails

Nov. 14, 2016, 1:09 p.m.

Just got word from my younger brother Andy T. He just finished pedaling door to door….100 laps on 5 different Seymour mountain bike trails.:czech: I tried this..but fell short.

Animal mountain bike chin….I think it is around the next corner….rocks…roots….bridges… boulders…logs and trees…

Looks like cut your bars was taken out by the golf course…That was a fun trail.

Nov. 14, 2016, 2:52 p.m.

Not exactly sure what you are saying…? Is this cumulatively over a period of time (i.e. a year)?

Nov. 14, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

Grand friend! Congrats! Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica

Nov. 14, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

sunshine happy pants ?

:P

Nov. 14, 2016, 6:07 p.m.

New challenge for you
Much like the 2011 6 Hour Enduro on Fromme
Do as many different trails as you can non-stop on Lower Seymour
I see only 6 different enough legal climbs that can be cleaned with normal pedalling/rolling (not excessive trials hops) :
• Start at your favourite pub/micro-brew near sea level, UP Riverside, Fishermans, Hyannis Connector, Greenland, Ridge Racer, Power Line to Mushroom to Salvation. DOWN Pingu Pangor, right on Bridal Path to…
• UP Academy, RTC, Pussy Foot, Penny Lane, Good Sir Martin then BP to original BP/Severed entrance. DOWN flatter portion of Severed to John Deer, right on Bridal Path to Cardiac, then
• UP Salamander to Rapid Transit to Good Sir Martin (some repetition on RTC, Pussy Foot and Penny Lane, but since 2 different enough ways in that we can count both) BP Powerline DOWN Neutered Dick, Severed, Shorn, up over rocky knoll and original C Buster (aka Applicator), Cardiac Bypass
• UP Sticks n Stones 1 and 2 to Cardiac Bypass, Bridal Path, all Salamander, RnR, flat bit of C Buster and Asian Adonis (I have cleaned to within 5 m of the Baden Powell new Severed intersection, then had a stupid 1 dab, but I think Andy will get it) DOWN left on Baden Powell and out to Powerline, Forever After, High School Loop, east on Bridal Path and…
• UP New Buck 2.0 DOWN Boogie Man and Boogie Nights to Empress Bypass then…
• UP Pavement to Pinch Flat Alley or CBC (if it still counts as Lower Seymour) DOWN CBC and/or TNT, Cabin, Neds and out to Powerline at Greenland intersection, cross bridge to Hyannis Connector, Fishermans, Riverside, PUB

Could add in Blairview/Hill Ave to Bridal Path trail, Dales, Incline, Corkscrew some how

Nov. 14, 2016, 9:10 p.m.

Looks like cut your bars was taken out by the golf course…That was a fun trail.

Yeah, I think Cut Yer Bars has been gone for ages.

Nov. 14, 2016, 9:14 p.m.

Taprider, you really need a Trailforks account to map your routes. 😄

Nov. 15, 2016, 8:25 a.m.

^ haven't done it yet
just proposing a challenging route or unofficial racey (not racy, and not that there is anything wrong with that) group ride so that permission is not required from the CMHC

Nov. 15, 2016, 9:01 a.m.

^ haven't done it yet
just proposing a challenging route or unofficial racey (not racy, and not that there is anything wrong with that) group ride so that permission is not required from the CMHC

Ya I'm down. Sounds like a good time.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 18, 2016, 2:09 p.m.

I think it took him a couple years.

Yah…Ha Ha…Cool that someone remembers cut your bars.

Tap rider. Wow. It would be hard to hang on to the handle bars after that one. Awesome.

Have a good one!

Nov. 18, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

can you get drinking water at Blueridge Park?
thinking seriously about a Tour deCMHC celebration ride
5 climbs and get the hardest stuff out of the way first
but unless you want to filter water from the creeks, need a water station

Nov. 18, 2016, 9:10 p.m.

can you get drinking water at Blueridge Park?
thinking seriously about a Tour deCMHC celebration ride
5 climbs and get the hardest stuff out of the way first
but unless you want to filter water from the creeks, need a water station

I think there is a tap by the ball field, but I'm not 100% sure. I do live a block away. PM me and you are welcome to the hose…and perhaps some other refreshments or even some company for part of the ride.

-Gord

Nov. 18, 2016, 10:39 p.m.

New challenge for you
Much like the 2011 6 Hour Enduro on Fromme
Do as many different trails as you can non-stop on Lower Seymour
I see only 6 different enough legal climbs that can be cleaned with normal pedalling/rolling (not excessive trials hops) :
• Start at your favourite pub/micro-brew near sea level, UP Riverside, Fishermans, Hyannis Connector, Greenland, Ridge Racer, Power Line to Mushroom to Salvation. DOWN Pingu Pangor, right on Bridal Path to…
• UP Academy, RTC, Pussy Foot, Penny Lane, Good Sir Martin then BP to original BP/Severed entrance. DOWN flatter portion of Severed to John Deer, right on Bridal Path to Cardiac, then
• UP Salamander to Rapid Transit to Good Sir Martin (some repetition on RTC, Pussy Foot and Penny Lane, but since 2 different enough ways in that we can count both) BP Powerline DOWN Neutered Dick, Severed, Shorn, up over rocky knoll and original C Buster (aka Applicator), Cardiac Bypass
• UP Sticks n Stones 1 and 2 to Cardiac Bypass, Bridal Path, all Salamander, RnR, flat bit of C Buster and Asian Adonis (I have cleaned to within 5 m of the Baden Powell new Severed intersection, then had a stupid 1 dab, but I think Andy will get it) DOWN left on Baden Powell and out to Powerline, Forever After, High School Loop, east on Bridal Path and…
• UP New Buck 2.0 DOWN Boogie Man and Boogie Nights to Empress Bypass then…
• UP Pavement to Pinch Flat Alley or CBC (if it still counts as Lower Seymour) DOWN CBC and/or TNT, Cabin, Neds and out to Powerline at Greenland intersection, cross bridge to Hyannis Connector, Fishermans, Riverside, PUB

Could add in Blairview/Hill Ave to Bridal Path trail, Dales, Incline, Corkscrew some how

If you set this up, please post about it, I would be interested.

Nov. 18, 2016, 11:29 p.m.

The 500 laps was over a 2 year 8 month period.

Forever After 100
John Deer 100
Good Sir Martin 100
Asian Adonis 100
Served/ C Buster 100

Thanks to all the trail builders. Present, past and beyond.

Taprider, That's a great idea to link-up as many trails as possible.

This summer I did the Seymour Mtb 10,000'. Climbing up to CBC, then riding as many as trails as I could. All the classics: Severd,CBuster, Forever After, Asan Adonis, John Deer, Dales,Pangour, Boogieman.

There's so many options for a big day link-up.

Nov. 24, 2016, 11:42 a.m.

Wow….Great ideas here. I might have to talk to Jagr…. To find a way to train as an older athlete….To keep up to this stuff you guys are up to. Keep going.