360 Videos

Sept. 5, 2017, 5:49 p.m.

I recently purchased a Garmin Virb 360 and tested it on Fromme.

Initial thoughts so far are:

-image quality does not seem as good as the advertising

-shore trails may be too rough for the post processing image stabilization

-lighting conditions on the shore are difficult for the virb

-videos look much better on a phone because of the smaller screen and better interaction with the 360 video (gyroscope in the phone)

-the camera is heavy on your helmet, especially when I mounted it higher up to get a better rearward view

Besides these negative points above, the 360 videos are much more immersive to watch. Maybe software updates to the Garmin Edit 360 software will make the post processing quality better in the future.

Videos are posted under youtube channel '360 North Shore' since I'll try to put all the standard trails online eventually. (These are not artistic videos!)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumlL8D-bS_7cK4iP4hGnDw

Cheers

Sept. 6, 2017, 3:21 p.m.

Super cool concept.  Just watched your Expresso vido.   It was fun to watch it in lowres and not full screen.  When I expanded it to full screen and increased the res to HD it was seizure inducing.   Absolutely unwatcheable.   I can't wait to see where this is going.  You could almost imagine being on the bike riding.  Keep working on it.

Sept. 7, 2017, 7:51 p.m.

I did not expect those to be as cool as they are. I watched your Espresso and Pipeline. I agree, great immersive experience on a phone. I really enjoyed both of those. Thanks for posting this!

Nice riding too!