12 North Shore Triple Crowns in a Row

Feb. 12, 2016, 2:19 a.m.

@Max That has been my goal too, to try and ride as much trail as possible.Since I usually ride door to door, there is a fair bit of road riding involved.Over the years I have been able to connect all kinds of short trail sections which would be impossible to describe.

I would say if you start at Seymour, park at Hyannis or Bottom of Seymour that will be all trail up to the power lines. Pick a trail from there something like Forever After, Severdick. Drop down to Seymour river. The destruction of Twin Bridges really hurt the ride.Which was a quick climb up to Fromme. Now I ride down to the pool 99 area cross a bridge and hike a bike up a set of stairs to a new trail that is being worked on. Ride trail up to Demo forest.Drop to Lynn Valley and road ride up to Fromme.

March 8, 2016, 11:03 p.m.

30 years plus your 25 years…. That is getting deep. 30 years deep….? Know your Mtb history..?

March 9, 2016, 12:16 p.m.

@Max That has been my goal too, to try and ride as much trail as possible.Since I usually ride door to door, there is a fair bit of road riding involved.Over the years I have been able to connect all kinds of short trail sections which would be impossible to describe.

I would say if you start at Seymour, park at Hyannis or Bottom of Seymour that will be all trail up to the power lines. Pick a trail from there something like Forever After, Severdick. Drop down to Seymour river. The destruction of Twin Bridges really hurt the ride.Which was a quick climb up to Fromme. Now I ride down to the pool 99 area cross a bridge and hike a bike up a set of stairs to a new trail that is being worked on. Ride trail up to Demo forest.Drop to Lynn Valley and road ride up to Fromme.

There's also a trail that drops in on Hyannis where everyone parks. This takes you to that same bridge. You could effectively park at old buck and ride trail over to the end of high school or whatever and then drop in on that trail I mentioned.

March 10, 2016, 2:32 p.m.

@Atraslin - you sound like the kind of friendly nutjob that would enjoy the Barkley Marathons.

Nice route options.

March 11, 2016, 8:38 a.m.

Thank you, ATraslin and Tmack for good infor.
hopefully I can attempt the triple crown in this year.

March 12, 2016, 6:35 a.m.

30 years plus your 25 years…. That is getting deep. 30 years deep….? Know your Mtb history..?

Heres a bit,, from jim leppard via pm:

Re: Leppard

Hey bryce… Bookwus did not exist in my day, so I am not sure of its connection to Leppard. I originally started a short way down the section of oilcan between that 6th and seventh switchback. It was rooty and a tough line on the hardtail bikes of that era, so the entrance was discreet. Ross went up the road a bit farther to start secret seventh, and hooked up with my line probably about halfway down toward the lower road. So the 'start' of Leppard is really higher up than the connector to espresso(?). In williams lake the trails stay open for years , unlike the rain forest of the shore. I rode Leppard for most of a spring and summer till someone found it. Thanks for the message. Cheers.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40