09 knolly del t price

April 2, 2010, 11:42 a.m.

knolly sure didnt think this one through. my opinion is they released the new del t 1 season to early. totally robbed those who payed the price for a 09 knolly del t before all the heavy discounts( that would be me). first it goes on sale for $1999, then now i c calgary cycle has it for $1599.

my once high opinion of knolly has drifted south..

i was going to put a deposit down on a podium many many months ago, im glad i waited. now another brand has my interest for a new dh rig

my friday morning rant

April 2, 2010, 2:02 p.m.

PERHAPS the problem could be that Calgary Cycle bought too much stock and are now in a panic to sell. PERHAPS Calgary Cycle underestimated how soft the economy would stay for such a high end frame.

PERHAPS knowing what is truly at play here is better than slamming Knolly bikes on the internet.

Karen.

I'm volunteering as fast as I can.

April 2, 2010, 2:36 p.m.

vegas baby--- the performance of the bike is amazing in every way..solid as could be.. that why i have 2 knollys

April 2, 2010, 2:38 p.m.

my concern is the ethics.. i dont appreciate 2 months after i paid close to full price the frames being sold off at 1999. calgary cycle isnt to blame when all the local dealers were selling them at that price..

April 2, 2010, 2:43 p.m.

Have been reluctant on those…I've always wondered about all the xtra links in the suspension. I know its to accomodate the uninterupted seat tube but would be interested to hear how they hold up with side swag over time. The link plates/rocker look pretty spindly.

Not an issue. Plenty of v-tach frames (DT is same linkage design) out there at 5+ years that are just as laterally stiff as they were on day 1.

April 2, 2010, 2:44 p.m.

moral of the story: don't buy just before interbike.

Check my stuff for sale!

April 2, 2010, 3:01 p.m.

bad timing, but massive depreciation like this is typical in our sport, no?
there's always shiny new stuff coming out, making the "old" stuff worthless.
maybe contact noel, he's a good guy.

April 2, 2010, 3:04 p.m.

April 2, 2010, 3:12 p.m.

i agree clark , noel is a good guy , but he doesn't sell the bikes retail , nor does he have any control over the market .

ride , don't confuse how you feel about knolly bikes with the " ethics " of the retail bike business . you got a hell of a good bike ( that i would kill for ) for a price that was acceptable to you at the time you bought it . be happy with it and don't worry about the price .

hecklers' diagram pretty much says it all .

April 2, 2010, 5:32 p.m.

im afraid you are not totally correct patrol! Noel does have control over the his knolly market..perhaps the word market is wrong, but he absolutely does have some control on how the bikes are sold and the way it is done..

also i am not making a comment on the ethics of the bike biz. i was makin a comment re the ethics of knolly re the specific issue i have stated..

i did actually email knolly.

April 2, 2010, 5:44 p.m.

i hear you on supply and demand

i also agree next time i will think twice about buying when interbike is around the corner..

just to add more of my opinion it seems to me it would have been wiser of knolly to sell off more of the 09 del ts before breaking out the way better 2010 del.
i hear you folks already interbike interbike interbike!!
it would have kept the resale value higher for some of us folk that paid close to full pop..

April 2, 2010, 6:27 p.m.

I always buy a new "last years model". Always save some money and get a year to see if the "latest and greatest" is actually great. Works for vehicles too. Like Chuck D says : "Don't believe the hype!"
Sorry about yer luck though…..

April 2, 2010, 6:40 p.m.

it would have kept the resale value higher for some of us folk that paid close to full pop..

why should a manufacturer give a toot about what the resale is?

April 2, 2010, 6:50 p.m.

Least it's not a computer….

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 2, 2010, 6:57 p.m.

While rant is rant and it is understandable why you are upset… you were cool with paying full price back then, so you should be cool with it now. Such is life, plus remember that you bought a bike that is like a BMW of bikes, and we all expect those brand spanking new BMW prices to go down faster than east hastings hookers…

You want luxury, fork over the cash.