Wade's Excellent Adventure - May 24th - Registration Open

May 20, 2014, 3:50 p.m.

… time is ticking, buy your registration now before they are all gone…

Register here

After a one year hiatus, we're dusting off the Fromme Cup and getting back to business: Wade's Excellent Adventure(WEA) is back Saturday, May 24th 2014. New this year, WEA is now part of the Sea to Sky Enduro Series. Looking back on WEA 2012, the event was Enduro before the hype machine caught onto Enduro. Does this mean we've gone hard core racer? No. The intent of WEA and the Sea To Sky Enduro series is a fun day of timed riding while raising money for the trails. We've got five stages lined up which will showcase Fromme throughout 21 kms of trails with 1200m of ascending. Being this is Wade's, we've got a few tricks up our sleeve with a couple courses surprises.

Course details will be released Thursday May 22nd in time for some pre-riding, stages start/finish will be marked on Friday in prep for Saturday's event. On one of the stages we'll have a speed gun set up to record your highest speed.

We've got a great list of prizing from our sponsors, Sram Reverb, Chromag gear, 100% goggles, OneUp, Marx Conditioning, Suspension Werx, Suspension Therapy, Bell Helmets, 2x Marzocchi forks, RaceFace gear, Oakley eyewear. Custom medals engraved by North Shore Billet, and each category winner will get their name on the Fromme Cup. Cash Purse for Pro category sponsored by MTB Trails Guide Books $250 for men and women.

Race categories: Pro Men, Pro Women, Masters Men (35+), Masters Women (35+), Open Men (under 35), Open Women (under 35).

Race Packet pickup starts at 09:00AM at the Water Towers on the top of Mountain Hwy Fromme.
Race starts at 10:30AM. Riders will leave in waves based on categories.

Cost for NSMBA members is $40, cost for non members is $50.

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

May 20, 2014, 8:54 p.m.

Would love to ride this, but my goggles don't fix on my XC lid so I am not sure if enduro(TM) enough?!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

May 20, 2014, 10:56 p.m.

C'mon yellowdawg and have some fun! Leave the goggles at home 'cause you may win some fresh Oakley's!! We have some great surprises so come rip it up!….uh I mean down!!

May 20, 2014, 11:32 p.m.

Damn! Why do I arrive in Van a week to late for this… looks rad! Anymore plans for events like these soon? Looks like a cool way for a Van newbie to check out the trails!

May 21, 2014, 12:20 a.m.

Hey GMAN84, you can always check out the NSMBA Toonies too, which will be running every second Thursday until July 31st. Also a great way to check out the Shore trails on Fromme [HTML_REMOVED] Seymour:

Got your membership yet? JOIN HERE

Pre-reg for all 8 events in the series HERE and save the hassle of remembering to bring a Toonie each week. Yes we'll have regular onsite night of registration.

We've got a great list of sponsors this year, support then for supporting the Toonies.

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

May 22, 2014, 7:12 p.m.

Hey Fluid!

Cheers man, looks like fun. Will definately have to enter in a few of these this summer, im arriving from Australia May 30 so might hav eot come and check ou the June 12th one once I have my bearings….

May 22, 2014, 7:53 p.m.

Course layout? Can't find it as of 8pm Thursday night.

Shed head!

May 22, 2014, 8:11 p.m.

Basically ride UP every trail on Fromme and then down to the water towers on the road. Rinse, recycle, repeat.

Oh wait, i have that backwards.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

May 22, 2014, 8:46 p.m.

Posted in the Sea to Sky Enduro Series Thread

:japan:

May 22, 2014, 9:03 p.m.

Cheers!

Shed head!

May 22, 2014, 9:17 p.m.

Course layout? Can't find it as of 8pm Thursday night.

So many placed to update and I missed the actual NSMBA website.

Details were emailed out to everyone that had registered.

May 22, 2014, 10:14 p.m.

So many placed to update and I missed the actual NSMBA website.

Details were emailed out to everyone that had registered.

Got em, see you there.

Shed head!

May 23, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

Registration is broken!

May 23, 2014, 9:33 p.m.

Registration is broken!

Fixed. It was set to close down at 6pm tonight. I've extended online reg till 6am tomorrow.

We will also accept on the spot registration tomorrow morning. Cash Only as we have to way to process a cc on the mountain.