Taboo Cycles Wants Your Input

April 30, 2009, 9:27 p.m.

Taboo Cycles is looking to put on a fun race event sometime in late August or early September in the Kamloops region. We are looking at different formats and would like some input from the riding community. A couple of the other shops in town are doing a great job with their events in May and October and we would like to throw our hat into the ring and come up with something a little different. Perhaps a team event involving both xc and dh riding, an all mountain event, whatever. Sound off and give us some input as to what you would be interested in and what you expect. We look forward to your comments.

Cheers

For your next Bicycle Purchase

April 30, 2009, 9:43 p.m.

Super D at the ranch.

April 30, 2009, 9:50 p.m.

Super D at the ranch.

after the awesome event at Belcarra last weekend this would be my answer as well..

however there were 2 thing missing:

1) food
2) beer (well for sale anyways)

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 30, 2009, 9:56 p.m.

Wayne, I would love to do an event at the Ranch, and with all that dust that time of year a beverage or two would work well. We have a good relationship with the local Brewery here in town and beverages could definately be arranged. Post race of course. What needs to be done?

May 1, 2009, 6:32 a.m.

Beers and BBQ in my back yard! Woo!

There's plans for a Super D course. Its not going to take much to build, as we can use most of what's there already. It would start with a lap on the bmx track. ;)

On a side note, this is exactly what we need to make this into a proper training/racing center, once we officially take over of course. I want all the local shops to pick an event and run with it, whether its just a weekly fun race or a yearly festival, its what the cycling community needs.

Examples….

-Taboo - Super D/XC
-Cafe - BMX race/DJ comp
-Full Boar - DH/DS

…or whatever. This will help legitimize mountain biking in this town. Thoughts?

May 1, 2009, 7:43 a.m.

Sounds good to me, we will need to look at some specific dates asap, hopefully that do not conflict with some of the other events that are going on around the Province. Lets get her done.

May 1, 2009, 10:46 a.m.

I'm in! Sign me up!

Not for the race of course… but I'll gladly man the beer gardens for you! :beer:

Kamloops Bike Riders Association
Build It.__Ride It.

May 1, 2009, 9:01 p.m.

Hey Wayne are you going to be out and about tomorrow morning. Gonna do a ride before work, I will swing through the Ranch to see if you are there. Do a little Recon for racecourse. Anyone interested in a unofficial toonie Race??? Harper will be ready soon, Dew Drop is open, lots of options.

May 2, 2009, 7:10 a.m.

Any new Super D course will be built using as much existing trail as possible. All building will eventually be first approved by the city and then inventoried once a week. So then a portion of the Super D course will be held partially on the xc course, maybe a bit on 3 Amigos, maybe a little new trail used as connectors. I have a rough plan in my little pea brain.

The plan after the June race is to build a climb up the back side of the grassy hillside that will finish up behind the bmx track. This might be a portion of the future SD course. There is a whole bunch of new xc trail in the plans too.

May 2, 2009, 11:19 a.m.

Hey Wayne are you going to be out and about tomorrow morning. Gonna do a ride before work, I will swing through the Ranch to see if you are there. Do a little Recon for racecourse. Anyone interested in a unofficial toonie Race??? Harper will be ready soon, Dew Drop is open, lots of options.

Would we have to ride up Dew Drop or just down? :D

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

May 2, 2009, 11:20 a.m.

Any new Super D course will be built using as much existing trail as possible. All building will eventually be first approved by the city and then inventoried once a week. So then a portion of the Super D course will be held partially on the xc course, maybe a bit on 3 Amigos, maybe a little new trail used as connectors. I have a rough plan in my little pea brain.

The plan after the June race is to help tehRob with the NS style trail then build a climb up the back side of the grassy hillside that will finish up behind the bmx track. This might be a portion of the future SD course. There is a whole bunch of new xc trail in the plans too.

Fixed.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

May 2, 2009, 12:39 p.m.

If you mean watching you from the road while I sit in my air conditioned truck then yes, I will help.

May 2, 2009, 4:32 p.m.

C,mon Rob, didn't you like pushing your bike for 7 km's? Uphill to boot. It was fun coming down though wasn't it. Next time you can take the Moto, no way I am shuttling Dew Drop.