SuspensionWerx - BOS Suspension

Sept. 2, 2014, 11:20 a.m.

So it hasn't been a year, but 9 months or so should be a decent enough time to form an opinion.

SuspensionWerx, can you tell us how it's been so far as a BOS service centre? I'm still saving my pennies to try some BOS stuff, but further research singles out their customer service, specifically how they support their service centres, as their achillies heel. How has it been to get spare parts for service and repair? After some more hands on time, is the product still all it's made out to be?

Thanks for the input!

Ride, don't slide.

Sept. 10, 2014, 3:42 p.m.

Bump.

Ride, don't slide.

Sept. 11, 2014, 11:38 a.m.

So it hasn't been a year, but 9 months or so should be a decent enough time to form an opinion.

SuspensionWerx, can you tell us how it's been so far as a BOS service centre? I'm still saving my pennies to try some BOS stuff, but further research singles out their customer service, specifically how they support their service centres, as their achillies heel. How has it been to get spare parts for service and repair? After some more hands on time, is the product still all it's made out to be?

Thanks for the input!

Hi CoilAir,

HUGE apologies for the delayed response -- we have been short a body for a couple of weeks here.

The best way to get a hold of us is always via e-mail : [email protected]

BOS' product is very high quality (materials and manufacturing) and the performance is excellent. Definitely up to the hype.

There is definitely a premium price associated with their product, especially as the Euro's value has climbed relative to USD since we took on the brand, and dealer margins are very tight -- so for BOS product we are generally special ordering on demand for customers to keep the prices as low as possible.

As BOS increases their USA inventory (based in Nevada) hopefully pricing will more closely resemble other manufacturers highest performance offerings and we will start seeing more of the forks and shocks on the trail -- everyone we know riding the products highly recommend them.

We are totally spoiled with OGC/Fox Canada having a very well stocked warehouse in Vancouver (next day delivery for the majority of our orders), so BOS (Nevada and France) can't hope to compete with delivery times. We have also heard all the stories re. service center support but our experiences have been positive. We stock all common service parts here in North Vancouver, so you, the rider, are only seeing a service delay if you have done something exceptional to your fork or shock.

Hopefully that is helpful!

Take care,

www.suspensionwerx.com

Now booking appointments for all services:

E-Mail: info@suspensionwerx

_

Summer Shop Hours:
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm & SATURDAY 8am-4pm

Fall / Winter Shop Hours:
TUESDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm

Sept. 11, 2014, 1:20 p.m.

Thanks so much for that response. That's helpful and will definitely factor in to whether or not I spring for some BOS stuff.

Ride, don't slide.

Sept. 26, 2014, 9:45 p.m.

I'd email you, but I'm in no rush to get a response and I think others might be interested in my question too:

I'm planning to build a Devinci Spartan this new year, which ships with the RS Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair (what a mouthful). I've heard great things about this shock and will be running it for quite a while I'm sure. However, I'm sure there will come a time when I will find myself wondering if my frame could benefit from something like the CCDB Air. In other threads I've heard people comparing the BOS Kirk favourably to the CCDB.

Can you please comment on your impression of the BOS Kirk vs the CCDB Air, and whether there would be any performance improvements running either of these shocks in the place of an upper tier Monarch?

Thank-you,
Cam

Sept. 29, 2014, 9:57 p.m.

I'd email you, but I'm in no rush to get a response and I think others might be interested in my question too:

I'm planning to build a Devinci Spartan this new year, which ships with the RS Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair (what a mouthful). I've heard great things about this shock and will be running it for quite a while I'm sure. However, I'm sure there will come a time when I will find myself wondering if my frame could benefit from something like the CCDB Air. In other threads I've heard people comparing the BOS Kirk favourably to the CCDB.

Can you please comment on your impression of the BOS Kirk vs the CCDB Air, and whether there would be any performance improvements running either of these shocks in the place of an upper tier Monarch?

Thank-you,
Cam

Hi Cam,

Apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the question.

Do you like an amazing craft IPA from brand-X, or an amazing craft IPA from brand-Y? Either way you get a delicious beverage that satisfies your craving!

The CCDB Air CS and BOS Kirk both offer similarly high quality manufacturing and materials, both offer a huge range of external adjustments so they can be tuned for any bike by the rider, and both offer excellent performance regardless of your frame choice.

The CCDB Air CS wins more sales on a few factors: Cane Creek's excellent base tunes make one of the most tune-able shocks one of the easiest to tune by offering you an excellent starting point for most frames, Cane Creek uses standard 1/2" hardware (Fox, RockShox, Marzocchi, Cane Creek), Cane Creek shocks have a lower price for a similar quality product.

The BOS Kirk wins on exclusivity. If you are planning to run it in one frame then the 12mm hardware isn't a deal breaker. With the price of the Euro currency and manufacturing in France vs. North Carolina you pay a premium of ~+$150 for the Kirk.

You can't go wrong either way. We definitely sell more Cane Creek shocks.

Regarding the Monarch:

We generally choose not to comment on specific products that we do not service and support as the value of our opinion is left up to the reader and, for people who do not know us, it becomes a matter of weighting your perception of our integrity vs. our profit motivation.

We serviced/supported SRAM/RockShox products at one time and we no longer do so. This is not due to the performance of their products, but because of significant issues with quality control (both materials and manufacturing), regular parts shortages (and shortages of regular parts like 32mm and 35mm fork seals), and very poor support from the brand that negatively affected riders' views of our services despite being entirely out of our control.

Your results may vary.

Thanks again for the question!

SWerx

www.suspensionwerx.com

_

Summer Shop Hours:

Nov. 10, 2014, 2:38 p.m.

Guys,

Do you know anyone who does suspension setup?

I have heard of suspension therapy but last thing I heard was that the owner (Arthur) was injured. Is there any professional suspension setup artist/mechanic on the Shore?

Thanks

Nov. 10, 2014, 4:43 p.m.

Guys,

Do you know anyone who does suspension setup?

I have heard of suspension therapy but last thing I heard was that the owner (Arthur) was injured. Is there any professional suspension setup artist/mechanic on the Shore?

Thanks

Arthur at Suspension-Therapy is the guy you want to talk to -- our understanding is that, after a long recovery, he will be back plying his trade at some point this fall!

We perform basic set-ups for riders using products that we service -- when we have recently, fully, serviced both your fork and shock (assuming your bike is in excellent working condition). For more information please fire us an e-mail!

www.suspensionwerx.com

_

Summer Shop Hours: