Rocky Mountain Bikes Homecoming and Gummy Bear DH Race

July 20, 2010, 12:18 p.m.

Rocky Mountain Bikes Homecoming and Gummy Bear DH Race, August 7 [HTML_REMOVED] 8

Rocky Mountain Bicycles and Wade Simmons return to the Sun Peaks Bike Park for the third year. Fellow team riders Geoff Gulevich and Brett Tippie will also be making the road trip with Wade. While at the hill the team doesn't plan on sitting around. The team will be spending the day slaying the trails with you.

To turn up the fun on the day we[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;re going to hand out prizes from Rocky Mountain Bikes. All riders in the bike park with a valid day lift ticket or season pass are allowed to enter the draw. Visit the Sun Peaks tent at the base area to get your draw prize ticket. The draw for the prizes will take place at 4:00pm at the base of the Sunburst Express.

http://sunpeaksresort.com/activities/events/event.aspx?c=1[HTML_REMOVED]e=1110

The 2nd Annual Gummy Bear DH Race drops Sunday, August 8 at Sun Peaks. Gummy Bear has enough roots, rocks, and corners to make it fun for the advanced riders, and a mellow enough grade that the amateur riders will enjoy the ride. For this year we will be extending the race course down to the base of the Elevation Quad Chairlift. Racers will get one timed run on the course.

The first place rider in the Women's Open and Men's Open categories will each take home cash plus prizes. Prizes will also be awarded to the the second and third place finishers in each category. Over $2000 in prizes to be won from DaKine and Maxxis plus all racers will be entered in the draw for a Rocky Mountain Flow.

Rocky Mountain Bikes team riders Wade Simmons and Geoff Gulevich will be in attendance to stoke the scene, and Brett Tippie will be killing it on the mic.

Thanks to Rockstar Energy Drink and Pepsi there will tons of cold beverages for all racers.

RACE SCHEDULE

Saturday, August 7
10:00am to 5:00pm Course open for training

Sunday, August 8
8:00am to 10:00am Registration open at Guest Services
10:00am to 11:00am Course open for training
11:00am to 12:00pm Course closed for inspection
12:00pm Race starts (category start times will be announced)
3:00pm Awards at the top of the race course

Categories and Prizes
Men's Masters (30+) Prize kit
Men's Open (17 and up) $200.00 cash plus a prize kit
Men[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s U17 (15-16) Prize kit
Men[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s U15 (14 and under) Prize kit
Women's Open (All Ages) $100.00 cash plus a prize kit

Registration Sunday, August 8, 8:00am to 10:00am
Participants must be able to ride intermediate trails at a confident skill level. Cost to enter is $10.00 per person. Registration and waiver signing will take place in Guest Services. Participants 18 years old or younger MUST have a legal parent or guardian present to sign for them. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.

http://sunpeaksresort.com/activities/events/event.aspx?c=1[HTML_REMOVED]e=1111

July 21, 2010, 8:30 a.m.

For the Gummy Bear DH, first place in Master's Men, Men's Open, Men's U17, and Women's Open will be walking away with a set of Maxxis DH Minions. Tons of prizes from DaKine and Rockstar Energy Drink. All entrants will be entered in the draw for a Rocky Mountain Flow!

July 21, 2010, 9:48 a.m.

bummer that this is taking place the same weekend as the first weekend of Crankworx.

July 21, 2010, 11:09 a.m.

yeah someone on the planning commitee should be getting a firm finger.

I would've went for sure, but why in the world would anyone plan an event during Cworx.

facepalm.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

July 21, 2010, 1:06 p.m.

Our first choice wasn't this weekend but due to the pro riders availability, BC Cup race schedule, and the Crankworx slopestyle this is the best weekend. Besides is the rest of the bike industry supposed to just come to a halt during Crankworx?

July 21, 2010, 5:05 p.m.

Besides is the rest of the bike industry supposed to just come to a halt during Crankworx?

Thank you.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

July 21, 2010, 10:05 p.m.

Our first choice wasn't this weekend but due to the pro riders availability, BC Cup race schedule, and the Crankworx slopestyle this is the best weekend. Besides is the rest of the bike industry supposed to just come to a halt during Crankworx?

If they want a better turn out to there event. (I am not a big CW fan but it seems like a no brainer)

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

July 22, 2010, 6:55 a.m.

Thank you.

for what?

Will you be supporting the SunPeaks event?

There is nothing going on this weekend, also nothing last weekend. Its too bad cuz I woulda liked to hit the race at SP but there is no way Im gonna miss dual slalom and the Garbo DH….

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

July 22, 2010, 9:04 a.m.

What Sideshow said. There's some serious scheduling conflicts going on in our household right now with bike dates. If you are in the industry, or racing, or working Cworx, then Cworx is not one we can miss.

July 22, 2010, 4:13 p.m.

for what?

Will you be supporting the SunPeaks event?

Yeah.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

July 25, 2010, 5:09 p.m.

The first 30 Rocky Mountain Bike owners will ride for free on Saturday, August 7. Head to Guest Services with your Rocky to get your ticket. Call 250-578-5474 for more information.