Obsession: Bikes introduces"Ask Crazy Lou"

Nov. 17, 2006, 1:13 p.m.

The guys at Obsession: Bikes are so stoked about the positive responses to our name change and some of the other suggestions for a name that we think we should do the right thing and give you what you have really asked for.

Introducing; "Ask Crazy Lou"

You can post questions here to " Crazy Lou " and once a week he will select 3 or so of his favorites and answer them .
He likes the technical questions so let him have it !

We have an Obsession this week about DVD's:
Generate some motivation to ride by watching one of these great flicks. We have in stock now: Stripped, NWD7 Flying high again, NSX lX Trail Tales and Lies, Kranked 6 Progression, The Collective , Roam, and CKD.

While you are picking out a vid check out the 2007 XTR kit which is on display at the front counter. Grant (Velvet ) Laird did a bang up job displaying the crown jewels of Mtn Bike gear - come by and Drool .

So let Lou have it, come by for some movie motivation and get pumped on the new hot gear , see you soon !

James Wilson

We used to be Dizzy, now we are Obsessed.

Obsession: Bikes
Doing it right, right on time.

94 Lonsdale Ave. North Vancouver
Google Maps Link

Hours of Operation

Nov. 17, 2006, 2:03 p.m.

Lou, is James jealous that you have a much bigger soul patch than he does?

Nov. 17, 2006, 2:31 p.m.

I can't get over this one, this season new fragrance; Obsession by Crazy Lou

CK has nada on you ;)

Nov. 17, 2006, 2:58 p.m.

Hey Crazy Lou,

I have a deemax rear wheel and am having issues with the spokes I got from you. The ones on my wheel are all black and round spokes but the pack of spokes you gave me are silver and flat. They just don't seem to fit in properly. Whats the deal?

P.S. in your most professional opionion what is the best goatee trimmer?

Thanks man your the bomb

Life always works it self out in the end.

Be like me, ride your bike.

Nov. 18, 2006, 8:19 a.m.

What are the dust wiper seal #'s for an XC Psylo?

Nov. 19, 2006, 8:50 p.m.

Crazy lou, How in the hell do i get my white jacket clean. Ive tryed putting it in the wash, and magic erasing it, also used oxy clean. What next ! bleach ?

Nov. 20, 2006, 8:54 a.m.

Crazy Lou will need to know what year fork.
If you are not sure , try to find the serial number.

Obsession: Bikes
Doing it right, right on time.

94 Lonsdale Ave. North Vancouver
Google Maps Link

Hours of Operation

Nov. 20, 2006, 3:31 p.m.

Wiper Part #, for a ROCK SHOX Psylo are:
SRAM part # 11.4307.298.000

Later………

Crazy Lou :evil:

Nov. 21, 2006, 11:09 a.m.

Crazy Lou,
why do you have to send my fork to Norco just because the bushings have play?
and more importantly:
am i going to have to do this every few months?

Chirp

Nov. 21, 2006, 1:10 p.m.

Ya see, if there was NO BUSHING play, I'm talking you cant even feel this kinda bushing play that I'm talking about…then the fork would not move up and down at all…..

Your bike had a loose headset, Avid brake pad movement on the rotor when the brake lever was held (NORMAL) and some bushing play.

I'm not happy with the amount of bushing play for this new of a fork, I cannot replace RockShox bushing AND size them (change the inner diameter).

So I am sending your fork to NORCO…..

It should not be needed again. You should replace your fork before this happens again….

Nov. 21, 2006, 1:22 p.m.

What kinda shorts are you riding?

Oh there is so much we could talk about………

And so much that would get me kicked off of NSMB…….

I would say that the more expensive (you get what you pay for) of the Pearl Izumi shorts - the Microsensor 3D Lycra short is probably the best, I have a pair or two of the mens version, they hurt when you buy then, the bank account gets a little lighter, but they last and last, as long as you treat them right. No DRYER!!!!!

I can also get some products like: Chamois Butt'r or BodyGlide. I have never tried these….

Nov. 21, 2006, 2:06 p.m.

Your bike had a loose headset, Avid brake pad movement on the rotor when the brake lever was held (NORMAL) and some bushing play.

I'm not happy with the amount of bushing play for this new of a fork, I cannot replace RockShox bushing AND size them (change the inner diameter).

It should not be needed again. You should replace your fork before this happens again….

does this mean my bike will now go where i steer it? or do i need to replace the headset with a King while i'm at it?

Crazy Lou is the bomb!

Chirp

Nov. 21, 2006, 5:35 p.m.

Dear Lou,

How do i grow a long and sweet goatee like yours!?

I can almost see you cringing answering these.. haha

See you next time i'm at Dizzy… er 'Obsession'

Dizzy was cooler IMHO

Nov. 21, 2006, 8:11 p.m.

Lou….

you need more…..

…..

pauses as you're turning away

….

from the computer to call about my bottom bracket

Nov. 21, 2006, 10:01 p.m.

I can't get over this one, this season new fragrance; Obsession by Crazy Lou

CK has nada on you ;)

Has that aroma of tri-flow for that just lubed feel!!

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?