New Knolly Chilcotin and Endorphin SL

Sept. 20, 2010, 10:31 p.m.

Word's out at Interbike as Knolly unveils the new Chilcotin.

DB is not doing vegas this year, so need to serve up some shots from PB for now. More details once we have them in hand.

Short version - evolution of Endorphin, "bigger", with new head and seat tube angles, more travel, new tubing. 160mm travel, adjustable geometry, and more nice details. Looks like another sweet bike to consider in a similar class to Norco Range, new Slayer and more…

Our word on CDN SRP for Frame and shock is $2600.

www.differentbikes.ca
North Vancouver | West Vancouver | Vancouver Broadway |

Sept. 20, 2010, 11:17 p.m.

I'm so confused.

Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 20, 2010, 11:25 p.m.

bullshit. BULLSHIT! i had so much emotionally invested in the endorphin as my next bike. i was hesitant at first, didn't want to commit, but for the last 8 months i've been day dreaming about it and geeking out on reviews. picturing the day one would appear for a song on craigslist and i could scoop it up and make it my own… now they go and make it obsolete with this thing with ABSOLUTELY NO WARNING. wtf, i feel totally cheated, what an awful company, now i'm going to have to deinvest myself and work on my self esteem for a while and then slowly begin trolling the inevitable mtbr mega thread about chilcotin color ways and potential 29er versions…

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 20, 2010, 11:51 p.m.

i don't understand naming a heavy 6" bike after an area best suited for super-light xc bikes.
still heavier than nomad, enduro, etc. but an improvement over the still-overbuilt delerium i suppose.

Sept. 21, 2010, 6:31 a.m.

Really sexy. Still like the Delirium better though.

Sept. 21, 2010, 6:47 a.m.

i don't understand naming a heavy 6" bike after an area best suited for super-light xc bikes.
still heavier than nomad, enduro, etc. but an improvement over the still-overbuilt delerium i suppose.

My thoughts exactly on the name… however, this is the first Knolly I can honestly say I've really liked… a bit porky but not out of contention for my next bike.

Sept. 21, 2010, 8:23 a.m.

Was gonna trade in the DT for a Nomad - sick of dragging all that extra weight around, but liking this new contender now. Daft name though.

"Don't talk to me about sophistication. I've been to Leeds" - George Whitebread.

Sept. 21, 2010, 9:37 a.m.

chilcotins - so hot right now

Sept. 21, 2010, 9:37 a.m.

bullshit. BULLSHIT! i had so much emotionally invested in the endorphin as my next bike. i was hesitant at first, didn't want to commit, but for the last 8 months i've been day dreaming about it and geeking out on reviews. picturing the day one would appear for a song on craigslist and i could scoop it up and make it my own… now they go and make it obsolete with this thing with ABSOLUTELY NO WARNING. wtf, i feel totally cheated, what an awful company, now i'm going to have to deinvest myself and work on my self esteem for a while and then slowly begin trolling the inevitable mtbr mega thread about chilcotin color ways and potential 29er versions…

Gold Jerry GOLD

Sept. 21, 2010, 10:22 a.m.

still waiting on lightweight endorphin . . . that's my dream bike

Sept. 21, 2010, 10:48 a.m.

I've heard rumours of a more XC version of the Endo, so maybe Knolly is splitting the Endo into the Chilcotin and a more XC version? It's too bad it's still got that silly slack seat tube on it.

Sept. 21, 2010, 11:04 a.m.

still waiting on lightweight endorphin . . . that's my dream bike

Wait no longer Endo SL.

The bike that is actually made for the Chilcotins.

Sept. 21, 2010, 11:25 a.m.

The bike that is actually made for the Chilcotins.

so… yer sayin there's not much gnar up thar

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 21, 2010, 11:29 a.m.

so… yer sayin there's not much gnar up thar

You can find it if you look for it, but mostly it's super smooth flowy single track, and with some of the hike a bikes, a light XC bike becomes much more enjoyable over a 10 hour day.

Sept. 21, 2010, 11:32 a.m.

You can find it if you look for it, but mostly it's super smooth flowy single track

:drool: