King of the Mountain Enduro DH: racers needed or event cancelled

Sept. 7, 2010, 12:31 p.m.

Don't wait to the last minute to register for the King of the Mountain Enduro DH! 40 advance registrants needed by 4:00pm on Wednesday, September 8, to ensure the race takes place this Saturday, September 11. Call Guest Services at 250-578-5474 to register today.

http://sunpeaksresort.com/enduro-dh

Event Description
Test your mettle at the King of the Mountain Enduro DH presented by Full Boar Bike Store and Granville Island Brewery. The rider or team with the most laps after 6 pinned hours wins. $4250 in cash to be won plus thousand of dollars in prizes!

Sept. 7, 2010, 1:30 p.m.

Throw in a hotel room with the entry fee and I'll be there!

Sept. 7, 2010, 2:03 p.m.

yeah I am still on the fence, tickle me with some of your current hotel deals?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 7, 2010, 3:15 p.m.

I'm amped for this race. Who wants to join me on Saturday or Sunday to see who can get the most runs? Winner buys beer. That is of course if the race gets axed.

Sept. 8, 2010, 3:34 p.m.

I held off posting this until the deadline so that it wouldnt affect anyone else's decision on whether or not to go.
I have to admit I was toying with the idea of going but I'm not a racer, I know I wont win so in my eyes, after weighing all the options, I see it as paying about $200 to get to ride the same trail for 6 hours so that some Mountain Dew superstar can get some money.
I love the idea though, maybe if it doesnt workout this year, next year make it less cost, less payout (or just bragging rights), and make it so you have to try and do every run on the mountain, have a sign or something that is on each trail in a mildly out of the way spot you have to be looking for that you have to take a chip from to show that you were there or something like that. You can only take 1 chip from each trail so if you do a trail twice to access another one, you dont get another chip. Or make it everyone gets a unique stamp that they have to put on a book that is on each trail, just some ideas. That way it evens out the playing field a bit. Super fast superstars will have to slow down a bit to not miss the slightly hidden checkpoint, luck and trail choice (avoiding the crowds at a checkpoint) will also be factors.
Good luck, I hope this works out this year.

Eric

Sept. 9, 2010, 12:24 p.m.

I really wish I could race this

nobody is this dumb.

Sept. 9, 2010, 1:40 p.m.

yeah lurch- riding the same trail over and over in a park just didn't do it for me. i wasn't planning to sign up.

Sept. 9, 2010, 9:47 p.m.

I was personally stoked on this event…was looking forward to it for a long time,now I have to go ride dirt merchant like a sucker.

- bike sexual

Sept. 10, 2010, 8:31 a.m.

I'm still going to Sunpeaks regardless. Maybe see some of you people there.

Sept. 10, 2010, 8:32 a.m.

Due to lack of entrants, the King of the Mountain Enduro DH is cancelled. Thanks to all those who did register. All entrants will be contacted and registration fees refunded. Please contact Guest Services at 250-578-5474 for more information. Thanks to our sponsors and volunteers for backing the event.