Cove Shocker At Interbike

Sept. 25, 2012, 11:37 a.m.

epic response is epic. Very well said.

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:11 p.m.

Yes great rant. No one wanted to put there name to it?

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:30 p.m.

THAT made my morning!

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:39 p.m.

Official Las Vegas post Interbike rant (read with caution):
So happy to be done with that two faced bullshit. Now we can go back to not really giving a fuck while the rest of you can keep telling us you want to support quality products built by North Americans, then go buy your fancy frame made out of $3 worth of fabric and glue that's put together by some slave in a communist country for $4 in an artificially pegged currency. Ya. You're correct: That non bio-degradable chunk of carbon will hold up for a REALLY LONG TIME and have a rad footprint on the back of your prius while you're hangin' with the cool kids at the trendy vegan restaurant. And sorry we weren't set up with a full booth this year so that the women's rights groups could track us down again to give us shit over the stupid, fucking childish (and apparently somehow degrading to women?) names of our bikes. We got your message last year and won't use the names "hooker" or "STD" in Vegas anymore. Instead of "blowing our wad" in Vegas, Chazzy spent whatever $ we had trying to help a good young girl win a World Championship that apparently nobody noticed was riding a fucking shocker anyway while they tried to call Chazzy out for putting a fucking stupid rainbow striped decal kit on a bike. And ya, thanks for picking up on the fact that the extra 6 oz. of aluminum really slowed down an absolute sweetheart of a girl. All 105 lb's of her soaking wet. (Doh, probably shouldn't have said that part.) Which, what the fuck, the fact that nobody notices that shit is hardly a shocker for a guy like Chazzy, who's probably done more than anyone to help women's racing and grassroots development without ever giving a fuck if he gets any credit. So no, sorry, we're probably not going to bump it up and have a fancy World Cup team next year either. We'd really love to help some good people out with pursuing their life's dreams; however, we don't sell enough bullshit $400 hard tails to require spending a fortune on an entire World Cup season as a loss leader just to get 3 photographs for a really nice glossy catalog that will just sit on a shelf at a dealer who we could probably give a fuck if we have anyway, because even if we sold them bikes, they'd still have to pay their Special Ed bill before they paid us anyways, because the guys with the big S on their chest can also afford way better lawyers too. So as said, fuck it: We're off to drive our North American built Ford Deisel trucks up the fucking hill to "burn one down" and have fun on some illegal trail we may or may not have "allegedly" bought some kid shovels to build. If you know us, you'll know where to come hang. If you don't, oh well, whatever, we hope you have a good day too…

You need to do something to mellow out Cove bro. Bikes seem like they have got you down.

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:48 p.m.

Holy shit that rant is funny. They have some real winners running their PR department.

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:54 p.m.

They have some real winners running their PR department.

I'm guessing it's the same guys who run the store?
I've been there a dozen times in the last decade, and each time I go I feel like I'm invading a clique.

I guess I am…

Nice bikes though.

Sept. 25, 2012, 1:11 p.m.

Holy shit that rant is funny. They have some real winners running their PR department.

By "winners" do you mean "real people"? I'd rather hear it candidly direct from the source than a for-general-press-release from a numbered holding company. Score 1 for honesty.

Sept. 25, 2012, 2:22 p.m.

By "winners" do you mean "real people"? I'd rather hear it candidly direct from the source than a for-general-press-release from a numbered holding company. Score 1 for honesty.

Agree^

Can't blame them for blowing off a little steam towards an uninformed public.

Cove bikes is well represented on the shore and at the WBP every year. Not bad for outdated designs or sexist bike names.

Sept. 25, 2012, 2:25 p.m.

I'm guessing it's the same guys who run the store?
I've been there a dozen times in the last decade, and each time I go I feel like I'm invading a clique.

I guess I am…

Nice bikes though.

Funny people say that, but they're super nice guys if you engage in conversation with them. Especially Chaz. Bring them some Honey's donuts and you'll have friends for life. :-)

+1 for honesty and humour rants here.

Sept. 25, 2012, 2:38 p.m.

Agree^

Can't blame them for blowing off a little steam towards an uninformed public.

Cove bikes is well represented on the shore and at the WBP every year. Not bad for outdated designs or sexist bike names.

Are they really sexist or just "rude"? In the scheme of modern day language they're only slightly rude at any rate.

Hustler
Peeler
G-spot
Sanchez
Handjob

Have I missed the really sexist one? Because I am struggling to get offended so far.

Cheers Ben

Sept. 25, 2012, 3:08 p.m.

Cove should make a new bike just so they can name it "Tossed Salad".

Sept. 25, 2012, 3:20 p.m.

Cove should make a new bike just so they can name it "Tossed Salad".

Or they could name it after some of favourite NSMB dwellers - "The Reacharound"

Cheers Ben

Sept. 25, 2012, 3:26 p.m.

You can read that however you'd like.

Been saying this for years. They need to do a 5 inch AM bike, only sold in orange.

The no. 5 Orange

Sept. 25, 2012, 3:36 p.m.

You can read that however you'd like.

Been saying this for years. They need to do a 5 inch AM bike, only sold in orange.

The no. 5 Orange

Are you guys seriously going to hyjack this thread to come up with bike names for COVE?

Mr Fungle, I think the PR dept at cove doesn't like your suggestion.

Sept. 25, 2012, 3:47 p.m.

I would buy a no.5 orange.

brokezors