Are you Hardwired for Adventure? The District of Squamish is hiring.

Feb. 10, 2015, 10:05 a.m.

Take the plunge and explore this leadership opportunity!

The District of Squamish is seeking a Director of Development Services to deliver progressive, transformative community development direction.

Working closely with the Engineering and Public Works departments, this position leads the Planning and Building teams to achieve the overall vision of the organization and the community.

If you would like to take your planning and leadership experience to new heights and be an integral player in building the future of Squamish, and make a difference in a community “hardwired for adventure,” then we want to hear from you!

Top five reasons to work for the District of Squamish:

Our small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world-class outdoor recreational opportunities make for an incredible live-work-play lifestyle that few places can offer.
We have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our beautiful community on a daily basis.
We are a fan of promoting from within.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We strive to have fun at work.
(And I'll add another top reason for working here - Mountain biking. Your colleagues love it and the trails just keep getting more spectacular here).

Call or drop me an email if you are interested in learning more about this position or working for the District of Squamish.

http://squamish.ca/yourgovernment/careers/job-postings/

Adriana Hume | Human Resources Coordinator
District of Squamish | Hardwired for Adventure
604.815.5040| [email protected] | www.squamish.ca

Feb. 11, 2015, 2:32 p.m.

Bump for this thread as it was sitting in the mod queue due to link and low post count.

Feb. 13, 2015, 8:51 p.m.

Development, eh?…. Engineering, eh?….

Hmmmm….

Feb. 13, 2015, 11:28 p.m.

This is the kind of job I would want if I ever grew up… You take restaurant and ski school experience? lol

Feb. 16, 2015, 2:02 p.m.

Not for the Director job Kevin, lol, but for sure we have other positions that come up (in our Recreation department for example) where we would!

Adriana Hume | Human Resources Coordinator
District of Squamish | Hardwired for Adventure
604.815.5040| [email protected] | www.squamish.ca

Feb. 16, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

Development, eh?…. Engineering, eh?….

Hmmmm….

I know what you mean I am trying to figure out how to convert 15 years of general contracting experience into development…

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Feb. 21, 2015, 9:31 a.m.

Not for the Director job Kevin

March 6, 2015, 3:33 p.m.

Unbiased blog time (aka, pot stirring):

This job would be a great opportunity for someone from outside the community that still knows the general shape, form, and workings of the community. Squamish is right on the precipice of great change and transition, and to have fresh eyes (but not virgin eyes) would be a great asset. Someone that will take a fresh perspective, not only on town planning, but on the relationship of municipal staff with residents, and with an often challenging council.

With the waterfront (finally?) gaining some legs - or should I say, with the tide coming in - there is a significant opportunity to reframe Squamish from a highway oriented town and back to a town that draws you in and keeps you there. With the OCP review, this presents another infrequent opportunity in time to address the greater story of Squamish - and with new OCP rules, not just from a land use perspective, but also from a sustainability perspective and a community-building perspective.

I'm an outsider with many friends in Squamish and it's the town that I should really want to live in… but don't. There are great people there and great moments of community, but it seems to keep missing that opportunity to be something really great and cohesive. Hopefully whoever finds there way to this job will stick with it long enough, get out of the weeds, and really help affect community supported change.

Or… they could really screw it up for a good long time… :devil:

March 6, 2015, 10:27 p.m.

With the waterfront (finally?) gaining some legs -

Man, it's so far away from anything nautical………..like, hrs and hrs and hrs…..

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 9, 2015, 10:32 p.m.

This is pretty interesting…