Stolen Van with Bikes inside

June 21, 2005, 11:16 a.m.

That's awful, One bike is bad enough, but three?
Good luck on finding your van and bikes soon.

June 21, 2005, 12:30 p.m.

lower lonsdale, shit thats my neighborhood

do you think they knew bikes were in there? Or was it a vehicle theft that happened to net them some bikes too?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 21, 2005, 1:05 p.m.

Even if you had coverage it would be tuff to get another demo 8 Pro. Do the shops in BC have any sort of database for stolen bikes? Maybe this is something that someone should start?…. Good luck man I'll pray tonight for you. :dead:

Alot/most of this stuff is sent to Alberta.

Couch

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

June 21, 2005, 2:03 p.m.

Many Thanks

$lack.. I just put 1[HTML_REMOVED]1 together; over at Simons and told him that on Sunday I met the guy who bought his other Demo8 (we ran into each other bottom of CBC); and he says it was you who got your bikes stolen. :swearing: , I feel even worse for you now that I know who you are. Still hoping for the best.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

June 21, 2005, 11:12 p.m.

$lack.. I just put 1[HTML_REMOVED]1 together; over at Simons and told him that on Sunday I met the guy who bought his other Demo8 (we ran into each other bottom of CBC); and he says it was you who got your bikes stolen. :swearing: , I feel even worse for you now that I know who you are. Still hoping for the best.

Hey there JF.

I had no idea who you were at the time either, although I should have put 2 and 2 together also. I talked to Simon at length earlier tonite and he filled me in on your reaction. Thanx much for your concern. I don't know if I'll ever see any of them again. I do know that if anyone rides that Demo 8 on the shore, it is recognizable, and not just with a serial number. I would be happy to tell anyone I know personally how to recognize it. Simon tells me there are fewer than 20 in the lower mainland. If that's true then maybe someone will spot it (dreaming I know)

Hope you got your friend on the Giant DH going. It looked like you had the problem licked, despite our offer of parts that you didn't need.
Let's get together for a rip when I'm hooked up again with wheels.

Mikey

burp

June 22, 2005, 6:29 a.m.

Alot/most of this stuff is sent to Alberta.

Couch

I wasn't going to post this but here we go.
One way to id the Demo is the set of ODI Ruffians on it.
Hopefully they don't read this board.
There is one other quick way which is not alterable which I'll keep to myself.

Couch, what happens to it in Alberta? Does it get stripped down or sold or both?

burp

June 22, 2005, 2:30 p.m.

Mike, hope you get your van and bikes back.

Paul

Team Shuttlewhore

June 26, 2005, 9:59 p.m.

Good luck finding the Van and Bikes!!

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

June 27, 2005, 10:36 a.m.

that's horrible news! I'll keep my eyes open here in Surrey for you

minus signature

June 28, 2005, 11:14 p.m.

Hey all,

Van was recovered last Friday.
Been wy to busy to post up 'til now.
Carpentry power tools and small spray equipment, and ladders gone. Large stuff left behind. Two out of three bikes gone. Only one remaining, believe it or not, was the Demo 8. The only took what they could fit out through the cab. They never bothered with the padlock on the back.

I guess there is a God to bring that bike back to me. Unbelievable.
Thanx for all your support.

Mikey

burp