Stolen - Spawn Kotori 24''

April 20, 2022, 11:33 a.m.

My Son's Spawn Kotori was stolen on the Westside of Vancouver yesterday. He left it unlocked for 2 minutes, so it's on him. Nonetheless, he spent a full summer mowing lawns and doing yard work to pay for the bike, so I told him I'd post. Hard lesson to learn.

April 20, 2022, 1:19 p.m.

Dang! :-(

April 20, 2022, 3:48 p.m.

Bummer. Happened to me as a kid, a hard lesson indeed.

Hope you find it back!

April 20, 2022, 4:05 p.m.

Been there, that sucks. I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm on the Westside. If I find do you just want the bike back or the bike and the fingers of the perpetrator?

April 20, 2022, 5:16 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Been there, that sucks. I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm on the Westside. If I find do you just want the bike back or the bike and the fingers of the perpetrator?

You know, it pisses me off that someone would steal a kid's bike.  Then I think about how desperate or angry this person must be, and feel worse that we've let it get to this point.

April 20, 2022, 8:10 p.m.

Posted by: Henry-Chinaski

You know, it pisses me off that someone would steal a kid's bike.  Then I think about how desperate or angry this person must be, and feel worse that we've let it get to this point.

Yeah, there's a bunch of possibilities as to why someone took it, and unfortunately it may not be someone who's desperate angry. Big props to you for recognizing that tho, as social media is covered with people who have pretty poor attitudes about how society should work with people on the margins. 

Pm sent

May 20, 2022, 2:11 p.m.

Also big props to you for not starting a GoFundMe on this.  There's a lot of entitled oxygen thieves that would.  I hope your son gets his bike back.  Shitty lesson to learn for sure.

May 21, 2022, 3:06 p.m.

Posted by: BC_Nuggets

Also big props to you for not starting a GoFundMe on this. There's a lot of entitled oxygen thieves that would. I hope your son gets his bike back. Shitty lesson to learn for sure.

That's odd that you would label someone an entitled oxygen thief for starting a gofundme to replace a kid's stolen bike. Just as there are reasons why it may not be necessary there are probably equally as many reasons why it would be a good thing.  There is also the possibility to tie this into some sort of community service and turn the whole thing into a valuable life lesson or teachable moment. The cool thing about GFM is that people have a choice whether they want to participate, unlike not really having a choice about whether you want your bike to be stolen.

Last edited by: syncro on May 21, 2022, 3:08 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 23, 2022, 11:46 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: BC_Nuggets

Also big props to you for not starting a GoFundMe on this. There's a lot of entitled oxygen thieves that would. I hope your son gets his bike back. Shitty lesson to learn for sure.

That's odd that you would label someone an entitled oxygen thief for starting a gofundme to replace a kid's stolen bike. Just as there are reasons why it may not be necessary there are probably equally as many reasons why it would be a good thing.  There is also the possibility to tie this into some sort of community service and turn the whole thing into a valuable life lesson or teachable moment. The cool thing about GFM is that people have a choice whether they want to participate, unlike not really having a choice about whether you want your bike to be stolen.

Yeah, good points.  I agree with you and I was being harsh.  That said there is a lot of stuff on GFM that really makes me shake my head.  But in this case it wouldn't be a bad idea and I agree with you.