STOLEN: KONA PROCESS 153 and Operator

June 16, 2015, 8 p.m.

Hey Sea to Sky peeps, Joe Schwartz just had two bikes stolen from his house in Squamish. Please be on the look out for them. DH bike has never been ridden, with Chromag seat, bar and stem (as opposed to stock build). Process 153 is unique, with XX1 drivetrain and matte black carbon rims with Hope hubs. Feel free to break kneecaps if found.

Posting for Joe so PM me with and leads and I will forward them along.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

June 18, 2015, 8:43 p.m.

Jesus that blows! What is it about Sqaumpton anyhow?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 18, 2015, 9:50 p.m.

It's called targeted hits. Someone knows their bikes, and knows WHO specifically has bikes, knows how to locate them, and is running this scam circuit. Squamish has seen numerous high-end bike heists over the past few years. Definitely working in teams, and very mobile and efficient. Wouldn't be surprised if it is someone inside the industry or the bike community that is facilitating this bullsh*t.

June 18, 2015, 10:56 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2876417]It's called targeted hits. Someone knows their bikes, and knows WHO specifically has bikes, knows how to locate them, and is running this scam circuit. Squamish has seen numerous high-end bike heists over the past few years. Definitely working in teams, and very mobile and efficient. Wouldn't be surprised if it is someone inside the industry or the bike community that is facilitating this bullsh*t.

It really is time for our own bait program.

June 19, 2015, 6:38 a.m.

I'm curious (as usual with these cases) where they were stolen from? Ie. Locked garage, inside house? It might serve to educate more people as to what length theives will go and what is a good amount of protection.

June 19, 2015, 10:39 a.m.

There was that incident last year where a guy had a security cam in his garage and some assholes came and stole their bikes. These guys are definitely pros, probably monitoring social media or casing people's homes to figure out when they are away (and the bikes are inside). Hope they are caught ASAP.

From what I Saw on FB, the owner of the ones in this thread didn't have home insurance :( that really sucks.

June 19, 2015, 12:58 p.m.

You'll find them somewhere in the interior where they will be sold locally or moved to Calgary. If you're lucky they may show up again in the lower mainland. There is lots of money to be made in the resale market when your cost of goods is close to zero.

June 22, 2015, 3:27 p.m.

10 years or so we had a rash of whitewater kayak thefts in and around kitsilano, mostly higher end boats.
A few showed up (verified) in calgary as well…