STOLEN FROM FROMME 8th Switchback: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR TestBike

Feb. 20, 2015, 5:01 p.m.

YUP. Thieves that hike. I couldn't believe it either

My Bike was stolen Tuesday Feb 17 between 2:30 and 5:30 from the gravel pit at the top of the 8th switchback of Fromme. Specifically, just off of the Per Gynt Trail that leads to the summit of Fromme.

My plan was ride up the road, summit Fromme on foot, Return to my bike, Ride down Expresso, head home.

A good mid day break for a guy who's spend the last 2-weeks looking for work after his company stopped paying everyone on staff (can you hear the violins ? ).

The reality; Return to the spot where I left my bike, find nothing, hike down to get back to the car (most of the hike in the dark).

Description of the bike. Medium 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert. Full suspension. Fox Talus RL 140-100mm fork. Brand new 10-sp SRAM drive train.

It should be easy to spot as it is limited edition Anodized Red Aluminium finish.
It was one of the pre-launch Test Bikes.(I think there are only 2 in the lower mainland)

Pictures and specs below. It is easy to spot.
Like all of you, Bikes for me are a big deal for me too.
- I raced this bike in the squamish toonies [HTML_REMOVED] Dirty Duo.
- I ride my bike to clear my head and challenge myself.
- I would like to get this bike back.

Spread the word, Add any comments if you saw someone riding this bike yesterday, or have seen this bike in a car or pickup. Send me the plate #.

Thanks for all your help.
Matt

Feb. 20, 2015, 5:37 p.m.

Just curious if it was locked to anything. If i saw a bike just sitting in th bush and no one is around i would probably take it as well. Maybe someone turned it in to the cops.

Feb. 20, 2015, 6:21 p.m.

That is truly terrible. I hope you get your bike back.

Feb. 20, 2015, 9:52 p.m.

I see no pics

Feb. 20, 2015, 11:12 p.m.

That's harsh. I'll keep an eye out for it in the Shop but I doubt it'll come in.

Re. just taking people's bikes…..I've left mine on the 'other' Pipeline trail, or dotted around on the mountain if I'm exploring, although for minutes rather than hours. Not everyone's idea of heading up Fromme is just to Strava MTN HWY / Expresso….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 21, 2015, 2:50 p.m.

Sucks. Some opportunistic dick couldn't resist a gravity assist down i bet. It is probably discarded somewhere near the bottom. Nobody hikes up there specifically looking for bikes. Lesson - hide em, i guess.