Stolen: DEMO 9 Dh and giant dh comp whistler and van locals look out

July 31, 2005, 5:52 a.m.

Hey guys, i just woke up to me and my friends bikes going missing, its 5 something so excuse me if i dont type so well. but basically me and my friend are up at the tantalus lodge in whistler, someone broke into the storage room and took our rides, they also stole a coulple various teams rigs from the garage which was secured and the bikes were locked with very heavy duty stuff.

Please look out for my bike
![]([HTML_REMOVED]

custom built 04 demo 9, size medium

custom built

My spec was one off

888 with no decals switch lowrider crowns with the integrated stem
king steelset(LOOK for this if you see a demo 9 for sale, they are hard to get out)
easton ea70 dh bar
s[HTML_REMOVED]m lock on bmx grips
hope mono 6 tis with goodridges and dangerboy black ano levers, also keep a look out for those.
it had a deity seatpost clamp and thompson post, it also had a snowleopord print sdg dj saddle
The rear shock is a swinger six way with a heavy 550 lbs spring
rear wheel is a black stickerless arrow dhx built on a blue hadley 150mm
front is a new 36 hole ex823 on a blue hadley
also has diaboulous cranks and a e13 guide, atomlab trailking pedals with one side dented in.

The giant was a completely stock 04 dh comp but with a fox forty R on it it is black ano with the remote resoivoir shock

PLEASE keep a look out for these two, the giant belongs to my friend and like sorta pro ripper from toronto chirs dzavik and the demo 9 is mine.

IF you have any info please pm me, there maybe a reward.
you can also email me at [email protected]

July 31, 2005, 8:10 a.m.

Good luck getting those back, bud. Sounds like you built a gorgeous rig.

July 31, 2005, 8:57 a.m.

ohh man - my heart goes out to you guys. i don't think there'd be anything worse than goinig for a mtb'ing vacation and getting your rig jacked. i'm not on the hills much these days but i will keep my eyes open.

whistler is becoming a scary place to bring your bike. it seems the theft is organnized. i think the mountain should look into hiring a security/investigation service to try and find who's ripping all the bikes.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 31, 2005, 9:11 a.m.

well tantalus lodge should have insurance…. so i wouldnt leave till i got a cheque in my hand.

July 31, 2005, 9:13 a.m.

Sorry to hear about your loss dude! I hate leaving bikes in storage when I travel. Would rather them up in the room with me. This is deffinatly starting to sound like an organized problem.

July 31, 2005, 9:28 a.m.

They should be setting up stings, planting bikes and see who is taking them.

July 31, 2005, 9:34 a.m.

Brutal…Sorry to hear that man. I'll keep a heads up.

You gotta bring your bikes into your room, and lock them in your room if you go out. There is no other safe option.

-stuck-

July 31, 2005, 12:05 p.m.

shit, that totally sux. sounds highly organized. hope u get your rigs back!!

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

July 31, 2005, 12:56 p.m.

that really sucks!
keep us informed on how the tantalus handles it.

July 31, 2005, 1:20 p.m.

i wont stay in any hotel/condo if i cant bring my bikes directly inot the room where im sleeping…

u simply cant trust your bike anywhere else these days…

will the hotel/confo cover the cost of your stolen rides??? i doubt they will… :cry:

July 31, 2005, 1:50 p.m.

I doubt the tantalus will cover the cost, and i dont really blame them, but i think my familys homeowners insurance will.

I defantly should have had my bike secured better, i had crashed earlier and was chillin and forgot to move it somewhere safer for the night.

Another thing that blows is that i am here for another week, so i gotta find something to ride.

There are some really really shady dudes around here, joe swartz got threatened by two shady dudes last night and kinda was worried they were thieves, then this moring it sounds like 11 high end bikes are gone, they left all the hardtails and street bikes, just took fancy dh rides. Joe thought the guys were french canadian.

Whistler or the police really need to step up and go on the offensive against the thieves, it sounds like they are well organized and effective.

Everyone at crankworx watch your rides as close as possible, ive never had anything stolen before and its not fun. I really feel terrible knowing my rig is gone in the hands of some dickweed scumbags.

July 31, 2005, 2:07 p.m.

These are some other rides from our hotel as posted on ridemonkey.

Admin Please Sticky

TRANSCEND TEAM Orange 223 Stolen in whistler.

One of my team riders got his bike stolen out of the cage last night Tantalus lodge Whistler. Saturday July 30th, 2005

2005 Orange 223 - Custom GRAY color. (only 12 of these exist in the world 6 from last year, 6 from this year).

Orange 223 frame
Fox DH 40 RC2 fork
E13 bashguard
Hadley Hubs
Mavic 823 rims (front 05 / rear 04)
Michelin Tires
Crank Brothers Mallet M pedals (orange)
Fizik Nisese seat
Truvativ components

Pics and serial number to follow

Also Stolen:

2nd bike info is another orange, green in color. dorardo, blue with
floating brake. hope mono-6 calipers saint cranks, and a busted up seat.
gold king headset and pro-taper bars.

third is a specialized demo 8, stock plus gold CK headset, and a fizik
pav

July 31, 2005, 3:26 p.m.

what the hell is the world coming to? everyday it seems like at least one bike is getting stolen. I will keep a lookout for all of these bikes. Hopefully someone will find them.

P.S Mountain Dewd your bike is SICK!!! sucks that it got jacked… i hope someon finds it

July 31, 2005, 8:54 p.m.

Christ, mountain bikers are just feeding these criminals. Something like 11 high end bikes stolen?! I'm assuming thats over $55,000 worth of bikes. Sheesh, something has to be done.

July 31, 2005, 9:27 p.m.

who is buying them for f sake?it must be posers wanting to add to their toy collection or something.i know most people have good ethics and wont touch stolen gear but i am sure that innocent buyers could easily end up buying these bikes too.